Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does 48months.ie support gprs

Options
  • 23-02-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

apparently three.ie doesn't (well I can't get a connection) even though there support say they can. Any know if 48months supports gprs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

logic wrote: »
    apparently three.ie doesn't (well I can't get a connection) even though there support say they can. Any know if 48months supports gprs?

Have you enabled roaming data on your phone for Three?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

no, let me try

Can't seem to find that on my nokia c5.

think it might be a nokia thing
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C5-Single-place-to-tell-if-data-roaming-is-off/td-p/736975

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭4ndroid

If your on bill pay u get 2g. If it's prepay you don't

Thanks for that, back to 48months then I guess?

• Advertisement

Tis a good deal for calls and texts but what's the story with data?

Edit: introductory offer of 500mb for 2quid extra per week

I'm just worrying what they will do after the introductory offer is over.

Quote from another thread:
    Agree with you on 48months for €10 subscription a month you get 3000 min in calls + 20 min landlines and 50000 txt but data from the 1st of march is charge at €1 per hour (time it takes for page load not the time you spend reading it) so not best plan for smart phone users.

That's pretty ****. That would easily end up costing me a few quid a day(or there abouts)
    Pretty sneaky.

Does meteor support gprs on prepay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Yes they do. Details on their PAYG addons here: http://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/internet-add-ons/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's only Three that block GPRS/EDGE data service to most people as the GPRS/EDGE service for Three is actually the Vodafone network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

There is no block on GPRS data by Three in internet settings the APN must be 3ireland.ie otherwise it only works on 3G over the 3internet APN

I have haf many pre pay numbers with them over the years and always had data on Vodafones GPRS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

jay93 wrote: »
    There is no block on GPRS data by Three in internet settings the APN must be 3ireland.ie otherwise it only works on 3G over the 3internet APN

I have haf many pre pay numbers with them over the years and always had data on Vodafones GPRS

It isn't supposed to work on prepay for Vodafone 2G with three

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Vahevala wrote: »
    It isn't supposed to work on prepay for Vodafone 2G with three

They seem to be closing it down for new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

jay93 wrote: »

The official policy is that it is blocked. It may stop working for you at any time.

Advertisement