Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV unlimited cap now only 75 GB!!!

• 23-02-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

So been with UTV for last 5-6 years. Upgraded to the unlimited download package about 10 months ago. They brought out new T&C's 8 weeks ago to say our new unlimited cap is only 75 GB. A friend got told off already, but its useless to me now aswell.

75 GB for unlimited seems unbelievably mean? 2 Euro per Gigabyte thereafter.

Any suggestions to who to change to that would allow me to download give or take 100gb a month without throttling or mean usage policies?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

Vodafone nacimroc if your not in a cable area. I was with UTV and switched 55 euro a month for 24mb 350 gb cap and 200 minutes to designated Vodafone numbers.

Any issue gets dealt with via e-mails in a 1-2 day basis. Better than 75gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I never got notified of new terms and conditions, unlimited is the only reason i use utv. All my games are on steam so i can easily rack up 75Gigs installing some of my games.
    *EDIT* Just read this is for NGB, im still on old 7.6Mb, doesnt apply :)

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Stay where you are! Its robbery! Next generation broadband my hole.

Here is my 12 Mbit line on an average Sunday night..:eek::eek:

1798503907.png

Non congested 24 mbit unlimited package. I get 3 mbit and a 75gb cap! God this country needs competition bad! Or someone needs to scrap Comreg and put someone in who will do what they get paid to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

fck sake what's with these jokers bringing DOWN caps... should be the other bloody way since technology is developing and we're being pushed to use everything online

nonsensicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

here is my 8mb NGB line from UTV at the moment...not a happy bunny!

gonna start checking it at certain times of day and keep records, so i have something to complain with!

1800628774.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

here is my 8mb NGB line from UTV at the moment...not a happy bunny!

gonna start checking it at certain times of day and keep records, so i have something to complain with!

1800628774.png

Mine is much the same as yours tonight. Desperate. Over the Christmas I had dropped connections every five minutes and just when I was beginning to think everything is sorted the speeds go to &*£@!

i've also been having alot of dropped connections over the last couple of months...i put it down to a problem at my end as i've installed a second router in my house so the network has gotten a bit more complicated...but maybe its nothing to do with that at all.

hmmmm....i think a phone call to utv at some stage tomorrow or the next day might be in order unless it sorts itself out.

Mines been like that for months now on and off! Think they are throttling us NGB should have no contention ratio 1:1!

I asked them about it a few months ago and as always they blame eircom! Such a pain moving to someone else but no choice if there service is unusable!

If only COMREG would do what they are paid to do!

Tonights 12 meg line

1800730824.png

Off to dig out my 56k modem!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Leeman79

UTV have turned into a joke in the last few months
    A 75GB fair use policy on Unlimited in this day and age is laughable at best

I emailed them about it in January and did not recieve a reply for 4 weeks!

My 24mb NGB Unlimited package is supposed to have a 1 to 1 contention yet the speeds im getting have been ridiculous lately
    (Note : while I am on a 24mb line I do only get 17mb though this has no bearing on my complaint)

1800498496.png

from about 8 o clock Monday evening

This is it at its "best" at half 6 ish in the morning

1801354666.png

I have been with them for almost 5 years and have always reccomended them whenever anyone has asked about an ISP in the past

However I think it is time to move to someone else at this stage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

1821798402.png

This is my 18Mb Line??

Moving house in 2 weeks and think i'll be moving to UPC along with it.....
    Been with UTV for at least 5 years but frankly i've had enough.....

i got an email today informing me i was nearing my 75gb limit for the month!

i was never informed of any changes to the terms and conditions and when i signed up, unlimited meant unlimited!

can UTV, or any other company for that matter, change their T & C's like this without informing customers? Or might this be a way for me to get out of my contract with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

nacimroc wrote: »
    Any suggestions to who to change to that would allow me to download give or take 100gb a month without throttling or mean usage policies?
    I got fed up with UTV cutting me off mid-month due to exceeding the cap on two occasions over a 2 year period. I well and truly washed my hands of them - and I suggest you do the same.

Moved to vodafone - and reduced the bill into the bargain.

i got an email today informing me i was nearing my 75gb limit for the month!

i was never informed of any changes to the terms and conditions and when i signed up, unlimited meant unlimited!

can UTV, or any other company for that matter, change their T & C's like this without informing customers? Or might this be a way for me to get out of my contract with them?

Can't see how they could charge a cancellation fee after such a massive change in their T&C's! A friend got a call saying he has to pay cancellation fee as you automatically accept the new conditions if you don't disagree within 30 days. (they emailed everyone in Dec if I remember right)

I just read all their T&C in preparation for my call and there is nothing anywhere in there saying that. I would never have agreed to a 12 month contract to that piss poor cap/service.

(I also moved to Vodafone for a 350gb cap for €52/month!)

they actually emailed in november about the new terms and conditions, but as you stated it didn't and still doesn't say anything in their terms and conditions about the limit being 75gb.

i've read the documents very carefully today to see, and likewise i wouldn't have agreed to sign up to a contract if i knew of this.

i'm gonna ring comreg on monday too about this, as I wanna know where i stand on this matter.

Unfortunately UPC ain't available in my area, so looks like it'll be Vodafone for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

This is NGB only.

NGB is a gigantic leap backward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

there were lots of complaints about UPC using the word unlimited in their advertising with a limit of 250gb and then 500gb as it's still not unlimited.

lots of us complained to UPC and to comreg and eventually they dropped it and now list their limits, although i don't know if it was due to customer pressure, or comreg.

at the very least, you can show them a dictionary. :)
    un·lim·it·ed   [uhn-lim-i-tid] adjective
    1. not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.
    2. boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.
    3. without any qualification or exception; unconditional.

Origin:
    1400–50; late Middle English; see un-1 , limited

Related forms
    un·lim·it·ed·ly, adverb

Synonyms
    1. unconstrained, unrestrained, unfettered.

Advertisement