Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 Alfa 159 Diesel

• 23-02-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all. I've been waiting around for a decent Alfa 159 16v lusso diesel to come up for sale in Ireland but it takes ages to find one even though I see plenty in Dublin. Should I just go and get one in the UK rather than hanging around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't see how anyone else can answer that for you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

I am wondering do Alfa's depreciate as much in the UK as Ireland and if so is there value to be had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ring a dealer and see have they anything coming in. Get a price and then price it up from the uk including vrt and travel. Then you'll have your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

autotrader.co.uk

e.g. here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

If your buying an 08 based partly on low tax for Diesels, I know Alfa were slow off the mark in getting the 1.9jtd a low co2 rating, most are either tax band C or D, so no great tax savings over an 06/07, however due the heavy deprecation on Alfas you could well get an older one much cheaper then an 08.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That sportswagon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

That sportswagon....

I know, I know :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Alfaowner.com have a thread in the Irish forum on cars for sale, even if you posted about what you are looking for you might get some help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

If you're buying post 2008, try and find a 2.0 JTD in the UK, a better engine than the 1.9 on any number of aspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    If you're buying post 2008, try and find a 2.0 JTD in the UK, a better engine than the 1.9 on any number of aspects.

View2-10178369.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3049828
    Diesel is fuel for tractors, not Alfas:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

There were only 363 new Alfa Romeo (entire range) sold in Ireland in 2008. Hardly likely to be too many for sale.

CARZONE only has 8 from that year, for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Citroen2cv

I bought a 159 1.9jtd in the uk early last year. There was barely any in ireland at that time, and thee few there was were poor spec ones. I wanted leather and lusso spec so had to go to the uk. A few nice ones have popped up in ireland recently, and prices have come down a lot. There seems to be a lot of interest in 159's in ireland recently, people are realising that they are the best looking saloon EVER!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

mooman wrote: »

The JTS isn't on a par with a TS, nevermind a Busso V6. The 2.0JTD is the one to buy. If you want a petrol Alfa, buy an older one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

mooman wrote: »
    View2-10178369.jpeg

Unbelievable car for 12k. Could hammer him down a little bit more too. [/droooooool]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I'v been looking at 159's also - it's well worth reading this post from another thread on here.

I've seen a few and at least two had symptons of the steering issue mentioned.

Advertisement