Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ngb account not active, past date i was given, what gives?

Options
  • 23-02-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

so, I signed up to eircom ngb package 3/2/12. Was told that there would be no disruption to existing broadband service from another supplier until eircom took over. Eircom took over line 9/2/12 and broadband promptly died. Got on phone to eircom (dreadful call system by the way) and eventually was told that existing suppler should still be supplying broadband services (they deny this). Anyway, was given date 23/2/12 by tech support as date that eircom would take over broadband on my line and i would be back in business. Well here we are, and I have no broadband (modem configured as described on your support site), and line appears to still be 7meg rather that 24meg. I called your tech support line on the broadband line to be told by automated response that you have no record of broadband on the line, before being dropped to an out of hours message.

I am beginning to get mighty p£$£d off. Would be grateful if someone could look into this for me (presume you'll want me to pm details)...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

styo wrote: »
    Hi,

so, I signed up to eircom ngb package 3/2/12. Was told that there would be no disruption to existing broadband service from another supplier until eircom took over. Eircom took over line 9/2/12 and broadband promptly died. Got on phone to eircom (dreadful call system by the way) and eventually was told that existing suppler should still be supplying broadband services (they deny this). Anyway, was given date 23/2/12 by tech support as date that eircom would take over broadband on my line and i would be back in business. Well here we are, and I have no broadband (modem configured as described on your support site), and line appears to still be 7meg rather that 24meg. I called your tech support line on the broadband line to be told by automated response that you have no record of broadband on the line, before being dropped to an out of hours message.

I am beginning to get mighty p£$£d off. Would be grateful if someone could look into this for me (presume you'll want me to pm details)...

Hi styo,

Thanks for your post. Please PM your broadband phone number or eircom Account number and I will look into your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭styo

Hi Ant and thanks for fast response.

I don't have details to hand in work, but will pm you this evening.

cheers,
    styo.

Ant, details PM'd to you now.

thanks,
    Styo

hi Ant,

monday morning - just to tell you that service is still not up.

thanks,

styo

further update: so i tried getting through your 1091 and tech support line. sales were able to tell me that from their end everything is in order (transfer complete 20th feb according to sales). but i cannot get through to tech support, even when sales people tried to transfer me - your gateway to support requires the phone line telephone number to be in your support records as on broadband. ...my problem is that it is not and so i am unable to get through to support.

this is, quite clearly, insane.

so, i finally get through to "patrick" (in sales i think) who is able to escalate and talk directly to tech support himself with "kevin". It turns out that there is a problem in the exchange (no ports..) and so now this is escalated within tech support and hopefully is solved tomorrow.

three points to make today.

1) Patrick, and people like him are gold dust. I can not count how many people i have had to speak to in eircom round and round before finally patrick was able to stop the cycle and get me closer to a solution. i was five minutes from cancelling this account.

2) given that the transfer was "completed" on 20th feb, and i have just got off the phone 7 days later to discover that there is a config problem at the exchange end, I have to wonder why did I not get a call or email to tell me that eircom could not deliver on it's promised completion date? I have wasted hours on this, and if I were charging you for those wasted hours, lets just say I'd have free broadband for a few years.

3) back on 3rd feb, when I signed up to the service, I was told that there would be no lengthy disruption to broadband service in moving from one provider to another. Assuming it's working tomorrow, I will have had no broadband at home for 19 days. This is hardly a seemless transfer process...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

further update: so i tried getting through your 1091 and tech support line. sales were able to tell me that from their end everything is in order (transfer complete 20th feb according to sales). but i cannot get through to tech support, even when sales people tried to transfer me - your gateway to support requires the phone line telephone number to be in your support records as on broadband. ...my problem is that it is not and so i am unable to get through to support.

this is, quite clearly, insane.

so, i finally get through to "patrick" (in sales i think) who is able to escalate and talk directly to tech support himself with "kevin". It turns out that there is a problem in the exchange (no ports..) and so now this is escalated within tech support and hopefully is solved tomorrow.

three points to make today.

1) Patrick, and people like him are gold dust. I can not count how many people i have had to speak to in eircom round and round before finally patrick was able to stop the cycle and get me closer to a solution. i was five minutes from cancelling this account.

2) given that the transfer was "completed" on 20th feb, and i have just got off the phone 7 days later to discover that there is a config problem at the exchange end, I have to wonder why did I not get a call or email to tell me that eircom could not deliver on it's promised completion date? I have wasted hours on this, and if I were charging you for those wasted hours, lets just say I'd have free broadband for a few years.

3) back on 3rd feb, when I signed up to the service, I was told that there would be no lengthy disruption to broadband service in moving from one provider to another. Assuming it's working tomorrow, I will have had no broadband at home for 19 days. This is hardly a seemless transfer process...

Hi styo,

First I will pass on your feedback on Patrick.

Secondly I apologise and completely agree that once the broadband was transferred back to eircom on the 20/02/12 given you ordered the NGB Ultimate package, there were no available ADSL2+ ports within the Abbeyleix exchange.

You should have been notified and situation explained before you had to chase for an update. I have spoken to technicians and they confirmed they will get to the order in the 24 hours.

Finally from what I could confirm, there was no way to foresee how many NGB Ultimate broadband orders would be placed from when you requested to move back to eircom to when the we tried to activate the service on the line.

Again I am very sorry for the delay and I will follow up with you tomorrow to insure your broadband is activated.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I appreciate the honesty and apology. we live and learn. looking forward to getting back online.

regards,
    styo.

Hi Mark,

I appreciate the honesty and apology. we live and learn. looking forward to getting back online.

regards,
    styo.

Hi styo,

I am chasing up with the technican and I will be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

regards,
    styo.

Hi styo,

I spoke to the technician and he is working on completing the broadband activation. However he said it may be tomorrow before it is up and running.

Thanks, Mark

hi Mark, thanks for the update. i can confirm its not up tonight. here's hoping for tomorrow...

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

so connection is now up and running. thanks for sorting this out.

would you mind posting links to speed checkers etc. ?

cheers,

styo

Hi Mark,

so connection is now up and running. thanks for sorting this out.

would you mind posting links to speed checkers etc. ?

cheers,

styo

Hi styo,

I ran a few speed tests on the line and our systems show you should be getting between 16-19MB.

Here is the eircom speedtest.

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/speedtest/

Thanks. Mark

Advertisement