Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy tickets on-line or queue at shop??

Options
  • 23-02-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is even in the right category and people may not even know the answer to this but im just loooking for advice.

I want to get my sister tickets for One Direction (on sale this saturday), and I know they're going to sell like hotcakes so I'm wondering, would I be better sitting at the computer at 9am or wait at the shop at 9am?

I dont know if the shops are allocated a certain amount of tickets or if it's all the one system?

Sorry this is so long winded but she will go mad if I cant get tickets :eek:

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm not sure if this is even in the right category and people may not even know the answer to this but im just loooking for advice.

I want to get my sister tickets for One Direction (on sale this saturday), and I know they're going to sell like hotcakes so I'm wondering, would I be better sitting at the computer at 9am or wait at the shop at 9am?

I dont know if the shops are allocated a certain amount of tickets or if it's all the one system?

Sorry this is so long winded but she will go mad if I cant get tickets :eek:

Thanks! :D

queue up if you really want them. Get there early, there will be others there like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

lordgoat wrote: »
    queue up if you really want them. Get there early, there will be others there like you.

What I'm afraid of is that I'll get in there, even if I'm there at 8.30 and they'll be all gone. Not sure if my local ticket master outlet has an allocation of tickets or if everyone who buys on-line will get all the tickets first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

If you want them you need to be there at 5.30 ;)

Thanks for the advice guys, reckon I'll chance getting them online, knowing my luck the music shop wont open until an hour later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Last time I queued up I missed my tickets because the shop opened at 5 minutes past and all the tickets were gone by the time she booted up the system! Never again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

online for sure,

its almost unfair when i see people queuing in the rain outside my local ticket outlet as i get the taxi to work where i can get them online.

be sure to set up an account first though and enter all your CC or debit card details in your account.

That way you only have to enter your ccv number to confirm, all done in 2 mins (and thats with me forgetting my online bank password!)

Cheers everyone! Fingers crossed I get them now, don't particularly want my life taken by my 15 year old sister because she can't see her boys :D

I got tickets on-line after in case anyone wondered :) A very happy 15 year old and a very relieved/stressed me!! Seats could be better (could only get block P) but as long as she's there it wont matter one bit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

I got tickets on-line after in case anyone wondered :) A very happy 15 year old and a very relieved/stressed me!! Seats could be better (could only get block P) but as long as she's there it wont matter one bit! :D

I GUEUED UP FOR 13 HOURS WITH MY DAUGHTER AND GOT THEM ALSO
    MY MATE WENT ONLINE TO GET THEM AND HE DIDN,T GET ANY..
    IN SAYIN THAT WE QUEUED LAST TIME FOR 1D AND WERE 5TH IN LINE
    AND DIDN,T GET THEM.. ENDED PAYING SILLY MONEY ON DONEDEAL FOR EM

Advertisement