Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Gaps between skirting board and wall/floir

• 23-02-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

There are gaps upto about a centimetre between the wall and the skirting board and there are gaps around .5cm between the skirting board and the floor.

How would I go about filling these gaps?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,385 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There shouldnt be gaps that big anywhere. Your walls are terrible I presume, even at that, 10mm gaps are massive. You can only caulk them really.
    IMO, the board should have been scribed along the floor so that the board would sit better on an uneven floor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mickdw wrote: »
    There shouldnt be gaps that big anywhere. Your walls are terrible I presume, even at that, 10mm gaps are massive. You can only caulk them really.
    IMO, the board should have been scribed along the floor so that the board would sit better on an uneven floor.

May as well be the Wicklow Gap.:D

10mm of a gap between a wall and skirting boards is just mad.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

There are gaps upto about a centimetre between the wall and the skirting board and there are gaps around .5cm between the skirting board and the floor.

How would I go about filling these gaps?

A tube or 2 of caulking will solve it for you.

2 euro for a tube of Soudal Caulking out in BnQ at the moment.

Flexible and paintable.

Advertisement