Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Omnia W

Options
  • 23-02-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Anyone have it?
    Anyone use it?

Due an upgrade on meteor and this looks like a nice phone :)
    Might get this over a Lumia 800 also

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Its just a redesigned Omnia 7 with extra power, new shell and a front facing camera.

But if Sammy kept things the same it should be quite a decent sturdy phone!!

Keep in mind Omnia W is 8GB non expandable memory :)

Lumia 800 16GB will launch on 1st of next month (white one too) on Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Its just a redesigned Omnia 7 with extra power, new shell and a front facing camera.

But if Sammy kept things the same it should be quite a decent sturdy phone!!

Keep in mind Omnia W is 8GB non expandable memory :)

Lumia 800 16GB will launch on 1st of next month (white one too) on Meteor.
    I heard that, but with the apparent problems, especially the battery issues with the lumia I am thinking the Omnia may be the better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

I have the Omnia W a month or so now, had the Omnia 7 at launch. The W has slightly better batery life along with the biggest improvement is the audio quality on Calls and listening to music.
    Lumia has a better design & camera. (White will look very well thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

simi956 wrote: »
    I have the Omnia W a month or so now, had the Omnia 7 at launch. The W has slightly better batery life along with the biggest improvement is the audio quality on Calls and listening to music.
    Lumia has a better design & camera. (White will look very well thought)
    how is the battery?
    does it give just the standard one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

With 4 email accounts and posting to twitter and listening to music(30-minutes to 1 hour), I get over a day maybe day and half
    The omnia W has a slightly smaller screen than the Lumia 800 so that probably helps

• Advertisement

simi956 wrote: »
    With 4 email accounts and posting to twitter and listening to music(30-minutes to 1 hour), I get over a day maybe day and half
    The omnia W has a slightly smaller screen than the Lumia 800 so that probably helps

Their both same size no? I though Omnia W has a 3.7" screen? Lumia has 3.7" too?

Apparently Lumia 800 battery life for some is horrible. The better thing about Omnia W you could just pick up a spare battery of ebay for an extra tenner and carry that in your wallet, where as you cant do that for Lumia 800.

Even though my battery life with Omnia 7 was one of the best i had before its handy to have a spare battery in case you wanna watch a movie or do some gaming. Id be on the bus 4+ hours a week so I would usually trash the battery. Id used to get 4-6 hours of gaming and listening to music at the same time and going on the internet once in a while non stop on the Omnia 7.

The battery it a tiny bit smaller on the Omnia W but so is the screen and the 2nd gen processors in all windows phones are much more efficient in power drain so you should in theory get more out of the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I have the Lumia 800 and when I got it the battery would only charge up to 970mAh after the firmware update it charges up to 1479mAh. I've no problems with the battery.

Now my friend got the Nokia Lumia 800 when it came out and he didn't have any battery problems until he install the new firmware now his phone doesn't last the day without needing to be charged. He has to send it back to Nokia to get the battery replaced.

There are 2 advantages the Samsung Omnia W has over the Lumia:

1. It's got a front facing camera, with skype coming soon to the Windows Phones this may or may not be something you are interested in.

2. It's got a replaceable battery. Buy a second battery and carry it around with you and you'll have have to worry about your battery running out :D

I'd still pick the Lumia 800 though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

@evolutionqy

This new 1950mAh Mugen battery for the titan may interest you. It claims to give an extra 22% battery power and you don't need a new back cover as it fits in with the existing cover! :D
    http://www.wpcentral.com/first-impressions-mugen-1950mah-extended-battery-htc-titan

AntiVirus wrote: »
    @evolutionqy7

This new 1950mAh Mugen battery for the titan may interest you. It claims to give an extra 22% battery power and you don't need a new back cover as it fits in with the existing cover! :D
    http://www.wpcentral.com/first-impressions-mugen-1950mah-extended-battery-htc-titan

I know but my battery lasts me a good full day so I don't see the need yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have a 16 GB Omnia 7 and the battery lasts well. Its a super phone and wouldnt hesitate to get the same again, although I do fancy the maps on the nokia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement