Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash...

• 23-02-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Was just on my way home and I got flashed! Some guy on the other side of the road shouted "Look out", and I looked over to see a fella wearing nothing but an open overcoat and a smile!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Aaaaa-aaaaa the saviour of the universe!!

What did you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Good times

Lucky cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

You didn't even smile back at me.....:(

• Advertisement

He shouts "look out" and you look directly at his penis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Why would Lee Young Ho be in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

God it's years since I've heard of a flasher, they have probably taken to the Internet rather well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If someone flashes you in this country it usually means slow down, there;s a garda speedtrap / checkpoint ahead.

I wouldn't worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

xoxyx wrote: »
    Was just on my way home and I got flashed! Some guy on the other side of the road shouted "Look out", and I looked over to see a fella wearing nothing but an open overcoat and a smile!

sorry I thought you were the missus..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I thought this was going to be about Adobe Flash. Glad it isn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I hope you went over and shook his ............. hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I flashed my bathroom earlier and it was scented with febreze. Lovely smell I thought, then read the bottle which said do not breathe in this product. What the fook is the point of adding a nice smell to something you arent supposed to inhale by nose?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I can imagine the police line up when they arrest a suspect

xoxyx "I wasn't looking at his face, could you ask them to ..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Flashing is a really problem nowadays. In Tesco beside me you often get people shopping in dressings gowns who "accidentally" let them fall open. It's not just women doing it either. People seem to get kicks out of it.
    There should be harsher laws brought in for people who consistently expose themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

The problem with introducing harsher laws though is that the innocent will get caught up in the net.

For example, there's a family living in an apartment beside mine and, God help them, they bought the place (a small two bed apartment) in the good years. They're now in negative equity and can't move out. Since they bought the place, the guy's father has become a bit unstable and has had to move in with them. The father is lucid most of the time, but tends to have "senior moments" such as coming out of the bathroom after using the shower and heading out the front door instead of going into his room. Twice, I've answered a knock on my door to find a confused 80 year old standing there with a towel hanging around his shoulders. (Why he puts the towel around his shoulders and not around his waist is beyond me.)

Really - I've seen quite a few things in the last few months that I'd quite like to unsee!!

danniemcq wrote: »
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

saviour of the universe

Now we're singing the same tune! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

It's good to see not all the old skills and traditions are dying out.

This thread has cheered me up no end, thanks!

The problem with introducing harsher laws though is that the innocent will get caught up in the net.

For example, there's a family living in an apartment beside mine and, God help them, they bought the place (a small two bed apartment) in the good years. They're now in negative equity and can't move out. Since they bought the place, the guy's father has become a bit unstable and has had to move in with them. The father is lucid most of the time, but tends to have "senior moments" where he'll come out of the bathroom after using the shower and head out the front door instead of going into his room. Twice, I've answered a knock on my door to find a confused 80 year old standing there with a towel hanging around his shoulders. (Why he puts the towel around his shoulders and not around his waist is beyond me.)

Really - I've seen quite a few things in the last few months that I'd really like to unsee!!
    But there's things they could do to prevent the exposure. Adult diapers perhaps could be a solution.
    I spent a summer a couple of years ago helping tree surgeons in some of the public parks around Dublin. The amount of time security asked us if we'd seen a man going around exposing himself was unbelievable.
    Also I remember being a teenager and getting the bus into town with a group of us. This seems to be these sickos dream. They start fapping on the bus and everything.
    You can almost spot them on Dublin Bus too because they sit down the back hoping a bunch of 15 year olds get on.
    A lot seem to be out of there heads on drugs too.

• Advertisement

But there's things they could do to prevent the exposure. Adult diapers perhaps could be a solution.

I don't know. I think I'd rather see him in the nip than wearing an adult diaper.
    I spent a summer a couple of years ago helping tree surgeons in some of the public parks around Dublin. The amount of time security asked us if we'd seen a man going around exposing himself was unbelievable.
    Also I remember being a teenager and getting the bus into town with a group of us. This seems to be these sickos dream. They start fapping on the bus and everything.
    You can almost spot them on Dublin Bus too because they sit down the back hoping a bunch of 15 year olds get on.
    A lot seem to be out of there heads on drugs too.

This is what I really dislike. Don't get me wrong - I'd rather not be flashed at all. But if I am, I'd prefer the flasher just to be a little bit mental rather than stoned out of their gorge and looking for a thrill. God be with the good old days when flashing was innocent and solvent abuse was as hard as drug use got.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    It's good to see not all the old skills and traditions are dying out.

This thread has cheered me up no end, thanks!

I remember you... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

giggity

I wish women would do this more often, had a woman squeeze my ass and smile at me last weekend in the pub, it's just not the same

I remember you... ;)
    Is this who flashed you:eek:

I'm often flashed in the changing rooms in my gym by aul lads. It's disgusting. I just stare at them as if to say, "put that away you dirty old git" but they just start drying there hair! Even though they're bald.

There's a lot more to this than I think people realise.
    It's one of the last taboos that people don't seem to want to talk about.

I'm often flashed in the changing rooms in my gym by aul lads... I just stare at them...

I think that's your problem right there. :pac:

I think that's your problem right there. :pac:
    I'm staring at them in the face to guilt them in to stopping!!!!!
    A lot of them will also try and bend in to you.
    Does the same thing happen in the womens changing rooms? I haven't been in them since I was young.

Nah. We're usually too busy rubbing oil onto our naked bodies and doing stretches to be flashing each other.

Nah. We're usually too busy rubbing oil onto our naked bodies and doing stretches to be flashing each other.
    To be honest that's all I want to do in the mens but these old blokes have other ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

lol....should put one of those guys infront of every town! Welcoming people! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm using my mams ipad, I can't read this thread, can anyone get me a version I can see? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'm using my mams ipad, I can't read this thread, can anyone get me a version I can see? :P

Ohhh look at you with your fancy ipad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ohhh look at you with your fancy ipad.

It's my mams, though I did buy it for her, I don't own anything more advanced than a second generation itouch and an Xbox 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It's sexism alive and well, how come you never get female flashers:(

But seriously I haven't heard about this in years, I kind of thought it was something that went away with web cams and the internet. I wonder what the kink is, it just seems something so stupid to take a risk with, it is a sexual offense and if caught the chap could wind up on the sexual offenders register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I've had a very successful career flashing my genitals at random folk on the streets/parks and public transport of Ireland for many years.

I was considering retiring in September before the cold weather really kicked in, but after much careful consideration have decided to stick it out for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I flashed 2 oul wans yesterday in the park.

One of them had a stroke.....the other couldn't reach

And I'm out of here.....*waves*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

you should have gone down on him. That would have taught him a lesson he wouldn't forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Two weeks ago a guy side skipped across Dame st in from of my bike with a can in his hand and his ass out (I only saw from the back). He had ginger hair all over his ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

6th wrote: »
    Two weeks ago a guy side skipped across Dame st in from of my bike with a can in his hand and his ass out (I only saw from the back). He had ginger hair all over his ass.

I have a fetish for ginger ass hair. You didn't happen to get a pic you could PM me did ya?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I absolutely hate adobe flash...I do like the animations people make with it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement