Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC TV & Broadband Bundle

• 24-02-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Looking at getting the tv & broadband bundle but have some questions if someone can help me out thanks.

Their is an existing UPC box in house, so does that mean i can avoid any installations costs? The deal is E66 p/m so wondering if any "hidden" costs on initial setup.

The multiroom viewing option, assume that requires some kinda install in the additional room and an extra cost?

Do UPC accept credit? Ill be paying cash via post office, so was gonna pay for example 12months in advance (reasons been to avoid asking housemates for cash every 2months)

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Am in a similar situation here, i don't particularly want the home phone portion of this deal, but UPC dont seem to do a digital TV and Broadband bundle.

Does anybody know where i could get the best bundle? What broadband and digital providers are you all using at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,641 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm in the same boat, looking for just broadband and tv, not interested in home phone. Very surprised that UPC don't offer it as an option especially with there being less demand for home phones these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

decca wrote: »
    Looking at getting the tv & broadband bundle but have some questions if someone can help me out thanks.

Their is an existing UPC box in house, so does that mean i can avoid any installations costs? The deal is E66 p/m so wondering if any "hidden" costs on initial setup.

The multiroom viewing option, assume that requires some kinda install in the additional room and an extra cost?

Do UPC accept credit? Ill be paying cash via post office, so was gonna pay for example 12months in advance (reasons been to avoid asking housemates for cash every 2months)

Any feedback appreciated :)

You may still need to get a new box and sometimes they charge an"activation fee". If you want multi room you need another point so you would need to get someone out for that.

I haven't heard of a company that wont take credit yet so you should be fine with pay in advance.

Why don't you just get sky and phone + bb with upc. Then you get the best of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 porkchop840

Old thread I know.... but this was the type of UPC package I'm interested in

I haven't seen this advertised on the website, but does it still exist and if so, how much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's still there, its €69 now and the broadband is 50mb instead of 25mb

It's TV broadband and phone

• Advertisement

So I'm guessing they don't have a package with just broadband and TV?

They tried telling me it would work out cheaper if I went for the package deal with all of them. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They tried telling me it would work out cheaper if I went for the package deal with all of them. :S

They'd be right, bb is €39 on its own, same TV package is €33 = €72

You could go with the basic tv pack but it is just that.

Was hoping for just a TV and BB deal, but I suppose Saorview will have to do :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Was hoping for just a TV and BB deal, but I suppose Saorview will have to do :P
    If the price for all 3 is acceptable to you, then why not get it? The phone portion is effectively free if you compare the prices of individual items and the various bundles, so just don't plug a phone in and don't use it. On the other hand, if it's there, and you've got 100 free minutes a month, why not just plug a phone in and use it?

Advertisement