Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed results

Options
  • 24-02-2012 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Is there a way for me to find the final asking price for each house advertised on daft or myhome when it went sale agreed for Dun Laoghaire in the last year or two?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

Nope, there's talk of bringing in a system like they have in England whereby all sale prices will be made public but at the moment I think it contravenes privacy laws. Agents can be held liable if they disclose sales figures without expressed permission.

oops maybe I misunderstood, did you just want the Daft price coz that I don't know .. but the agent will be able to look it up on his daft account if you're very nice to him, can't see him/her having a problem with telling you the publicly advertised price. Chances are he's just sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs.

or you could check it on thepropertypin.com , it might be there if it was ever reduced in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

The final daft price would do but I'm looking for all the dun laoghaire sale agreed ads for the last two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

Cant think of a way to get them. If its research you're doing try contacting the larger agencies in the area but you'll never get them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

shangri la wrote: »
    The final daft price would do but I'm looking for all the dun laoghaire sale agreed ads for the last two years.

The final asking price on DAFT.ie and the actual sale agreed price could be poles apart. Go to your bank and ask them for a copy of their valuers panel. Ring some in the area and ask them for the prices they valued properties at in the area I.e what they actually sold for. If they don't want to give you a figure on a specific address they should be willing to tell you that a property in X development sold for whatever price and when it was... If you have an eye on a property they can always guide you on what comparable properties in the area are currently selling for...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pawnacide wrote: »
    Nope, there's talk of bringing in a system like they have in England whereby all sale prices will be made public but at the moment I think it contravenes privacy laws.

It doesn't contravene any privacy laws.

Its actually a legal requirement that the prices be published, there just isn't the mechanism yet.

http://collapso.net/ has the final Daft prices but make sure to look at the history also as I've seen agents increasing Daft prices after Sale Agreed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement