Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmed Fixes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i play oman and karkand only, oman is fine, chopper jumps are still usable. but karkand is crap for sniping unless you can get to a decent vantage point.

its a game, its meant ot be fun, if my idea of fun is to use the mav to get up on top of buildings then thats my thing! most fun in the game for me is the huge sniper battles going on in all the karkand servers.

yeh, obviously :rolleyes:

Well limiting yourself to 2 maps is pretty poor first off, maps that were ported from BF2. Did you play BF3 before Back to Karkand was released ?

I appreciate that it's your idea of fun, but it's being taken out of the game for a reason, mainly because it's stupid.

If you enjoy sniper fests, suggest you try BF2 inf only karkand/mashtuur/jahlalabad...because it's not much different gameplay wise to what you're currently doing....it's basically 16v16 snipers

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

And would you use VOIP when there is teamspeak, vent and mumble which are far better. Thats unless your on console which im sure it would be needed.

I always found i knocked VOIP off due to all the kiddys screaming.

I play with strangers.
    Very few people on my friends list are in the same country as I am.

Though I'm sure if DICE ever implement it they will make it so you can't decide who to mute, thus making it just as useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well limiting yourself to 2 maps is pretty poor first off, maps that were ported from BF2. Did you play BF3 before Back to Karkand was released ?

I appreciate that it's your idea of fun, but it's being taken out of the game for a reason, mainly because it's stupid.

If you enjoy sniper fests, suggest you try BF2 inf only karkand/mashtuur/jahlalabad...because it's not much different gameplay wise to what you're currently doing....it's basically 16v16 snipers

yes, played bf2 for eyars, and bc2, and played bf3 since beta. i only started playing sniper about a month ago (all rifles unlocked now). before that i was playing all maps ect, with limited game time now i wanna play whats most fun.

tried playing a round last night without using mav to get onto buildings and its a mess, sniping sapots are too easy to see, except in buildings, like around suburban flag, but they get so busy with enemy infintry that knife kills are a regular occurance.

spent many many a day in bf2 playing pistol only on karkand

Each to their own. You would probably enjoy half the other games out there just as much considering the games you enjoy in BF2/3.

If you've not gone on a mad C4 mission and heard the person you killed screaming on TeamSpeak then you're missing out.

If you're on PC, suggest you join the rest of us who play BF3 here on boards.ie @ craggy server and TS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh im on pc and have played a few fridays with ts on craggy. good craic till about 1am when everyones talkin sh1te cuz theyre so twisted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh im on pc and have played a few fridays with ts on craggy. good craic till about 1am when everyones talkin sh1te cuz theyre so twisted!

I dont think twisted has anything to do with it......:p:D

Craggy is good craic, nothing better than hearing the person you shot giving out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Looking forward to this patch. The gadget and vehicle changes look excellent. Any hints as to when it will be out? Obviously PC will get it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Looking forward to this patch. The gadget and vehicle changes look excellent. Any hints as to when it will be out? Obviously PC will get it first.

I'd say 2-3 weeks hopefully barring any issues..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Ah so these fixes haven't been implemented yet? And there was me thinking my suicide C4 days were over! :D

Yeah, I thought they were imminent when I read the Battlelog page but I was sure I hadn't taken a patch down recently. I then saw some guy MAVing up to a building on Oman so had a look around to see when it was coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It's funny that they brought out the patch news a few days before black friday.

Can't really understand the Black Friday concept. Dice seems to have supported this game quite well and listened to the community and there are no real game breaking glitches that need to be fixed right away. I'd rather they took their time and made sure what they were fixing didn't cause other unforeseen imbalances and problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You'll all always hear more complaing about something small than praise of something great. Someone will always find something to whinge about and we always be hit with buffs\nerfs.

I love the battlefield forums because stats are so easily accessible. Some random guy will be giving out about weak jets\tanks\heli's are and demand them to be buffed you click on him and 90% of his kills are in jets\tanks\heli's. My favourite was 1 guy who demanded the explosion radius of the m320 increased because its low yield was ruing his game, the dude had 16K M320 kills and his next highest weapon was 2000 m16 kills.

Can't really understand the Black Friday concept. Dice seems to have supported this game quite well and listened to the community and there are no real game breaking glitches that need to be fixed right away. I'd rather they took their time and made sure what they were fixing didn't cause other unforeseen imbalances and problems.

Doesn't matter what's right or wrong with the game, cause EA made it people will always complain.

Its a pity that the small minority that don't like the game are so load when the masses who play bf3 are happy to get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

LOL, I was a habbitual COD gamer until recently when I just couldnt stand it anymore and decided to really get into BF3 and if BF players thing support is poor my god try and play COD for a while.... holy hell. You litterally dont hear from the devs unless they are looking for you to reach into your wallet again. Even in the face of glaring glitches, exploits and balance issues they simply ignore them up until its map pack time then you hear from them non stop but nothing about fixes ... just ways to get you to spend more cash.

All in all BF3 is way more balanced and while some glitches / balance issues are irritating the game doesnt suffer as much for it and from what I can see from the patch updates will all but be resolved going forward.

Some of the problems with the bf series has been to many updates and changes

It was a patch to far that stopped me playing bf2 and bf2142

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Some of the problems with the bf series has been to many updates and changes

It was a patch to far that stopped me playing bf2 and bf2142

My favourite was the 1.4 patch for BF2...that broke the jets and gave ground to air missiles a huge advantage as you couldn't outturn in the jets...and also overpowered the J-10 against all other jets..

I actually played a vanilla BF2 game a few months ago and it was a joy to fly the jets..I was basically impervious to stingers and other jets...good old times :D

Blazer wrote: »
    My favourite was the 1.4 patch for BF2...that broke the jets and gave ground to air missiles a huge advantage as you couldn't outturn in the jets...and also overpowered the J-10 against all other jets..

I actually played a vanilla BF2 game a few months ago and it was a joy to fly the jets..I was basically impervious to stingers and other jets...good old times :D

I still play ghost town from the expansion from time to time but havent gone back to bf2 since 1.4

Doesn't matter what's right or wrong with the game, cause EA made it people will always complain.

Its a pity that the small minority that don't like the game are so load when the masses who play bf3 are happy to get on with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see certain things get fixed and it'd be **** if Dice didn't offer any follow up support once the game came out but that list of things they want to fix is detailed and shows that they are actively working to improve the game.

As it is now, it's hardly like the game is unplayable - anybody remember the care package glitch in MW2? - so people deciding to do some kind of protest seems ridiculous. Get on with it!

Didn't Jalalahbad come out @ 1.41 ?
    I stopped at 1.5 which was the last one I think , but was slowly in decline once they introduced Inf Only and 90% of servers immediately became Karkand INF Only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah jalalabad was brought in around 1.41 patch.
    such a great map!

.... there are no real game breaking glitches that need to be fixed right away.
    You'll all always hear more complaing about something small than praise of something great.

Comments like these really make me scratch my head:confused:

This game has been rife with crippling performance issues for many PC games and this is the sort of thing you hear from the lucky ones with no issues.

The lack of initial hyper-threading support was a stand out example to me.

This game was rushed out the door, balance issues are still mostly irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lanaier wrote: »
    This game has been rife with crippling performance issues for many PC games and this is the sort of thing you hear from the lucky ones with no issues.

Only 1 person i know has issues with this game that render it unplayable. The lack of threads on here about game breaking bugs highlights that.

Fair few playing it on here.

Boards.ie isn't exactly a bustling hub when it comes to "niche" things like this (though the game is fairly mainstream)

There are threads from almost 2 weeks ago on the first page, and this forum focuses on all BF games, not just BF3.

This game was rushed out the door, balance issues are still mostly irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

You should read all my post and not just a small part and quote what suits you.

Unlike you iv no problems with the game.

Balance issue the only balance issue is which team im on lol other than that theres not much to balance

Original quote:

You should read all my post and not just a small part and quote what suits you.

Unlike you iv no problems with the game.

Balance issue the only balance issue is which team im on lol other than that theres not much to balance

Original quote:

Sorry?

I know you have no problems with the game, "unlike me"... that much is obvious.
    Clarify.

Again....what?

If you look around there isn't that many people who don't enjoy playing battlefield 3 id say over 80% enjoy the game and don't have any problems.

But the 20% that do have a problem seem to want to give out at ever turn about the game over everything you can think off.

Just go look at the battlelog forum its loaded with the same peeps giving out over and over about something or another.

The balance thing was a joke to infer every team im on has a balance issue cause im on it and im a bf3 god lol

Battlelog forums are hell, I would not wade through that crap.

Last I checked BF3 sold over 10 million copies (more maybe?), I don't know what percentage of that are PC players but 20% of them is A LOT of people.

I don't know how technical you are but no HT support for a triple A title with such a focus on graphics is not just a massive oversight...it's a sign of a game that was rushed out to compete with the 500lb gorrila in the room (MW3).

No quad core support........ I'm still baffled by that.

Battlelog forums are hell, I would not wade through that crap.

Last I checked BF3 sold over 10 million copies (more maybe?), I don't know what percentage of that are PC players but 20% of them is A LOT of people.

I don't know how technical you are but no HT support for a triple A title with such a focus on graphics is not just a massive oversight...it's a sign of a game that was rushed out to compete with the 500lb gorrila in the room (MW3).

No quad core support........ I'm still baffled by that.

Im sure HT would help but not much.

The game in more gpu intensive than it is cpu. As you said " with such a focus on graphics ". Cpu dose very little compared to gpu

I play the game on ultra and still get over 100fps so i dont see the need for HT support not saying i wouldn't like it. (i7 940 and gtx580 if your wondering)

No matter when the game was released rushed or not there will always be problems, no amount of beta testing can get rid of faults within the game.

Just wondering how many games actually have HT support???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I don't think you understand the concept of hyperthreading. If a game supports MULTIthreading and multi core, then hyperthreading is supported too. If your hardware and operating system supports, multithreading, then it supports hyperthreading, and then its completely up to the CPU architecture to spread out a process in whatever pattern is the fastest possible way in whatever amount of threads it should use.

Games and programs do not need to have hyperthreading support, it just 'happens'. On that note I actually get a lower FPS with it on on BC2 and BF3, so I just leave it off. No difference in anything else.

If a game supports mulitple CORES, it supports multiple threads by default (except for P4 HT chips :P).

Advertisement