Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What goes around come around. Nigerian conmen duped out of £22,000 by Australian scam

• 24-02-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

A woman described by a judge as having a 'dishonest bent' stole more than £22,000 from a gang of Nigerian scam artists who had set up a dodgy internet car sales business. Australian Sarah Jane Cochrane-Ramsey admitted one count of aggravated fraud at Brisbane District Court today.

The court heard how she spent money the Nigerians deposited in an Australian bank account opened as part of their racket. The group employed her as an 'agent' in March 2010 and asked her to open the account so they could siphon off the cash they received through their dodgy account on a popular car sales website

Brisbane District Court heard that under the deal, she was allowed to keep eight per cent of all the money paid into it and she was supposed to forward the rest to the Nigerians. But, she pocketed the two payments she received which were worth $33,350 Australian dollars, spending the majority of it on herself

The woman is going to be sentenced for stealing from thieves. :confused:

She deserves a knighthood.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/nigerian-scammers-scammed-by-aussie-scammer-20120223-1tpsd.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

They all deserve to be shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

She's as bad as them. Deserves what she gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Good on her, did anything happen to the Nigerians for setting up the bogus business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Good on her, did anything happen to the Nigerians for setting up the bogus business?
    I doubt it. The Nigerian government wouldn't be too concerned as these guys bring foreign money into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Nigerians involved in a scam? Surely not :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm not racist but...

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

He adjourned the sentence to allow her time to provide further details of money she claimed was in a bank account that would allow her to make some repayments.

She has to show how she is going to repay the scammers the money they scammed off their dodgey website??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

markesmith wrote: »
    Nigerians involved in a scam? Surely not :confused:

Outrageous !!

reminds me of thescambaiter,.com

Bunch of people who **** over scammers...

One of their videos, made some fells do an ad for ANUS laptops...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Edz87 wrote: »
    I'm not racist but...fookin' Aussies....

Flamin' galahs the lot of 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Lol, Anus laptops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

She stole money which had been already stolen from honest people. The woman is scum, the conmen are scum. It's not like she did it to teach them a lesson or repay the people it was scammed from... why would anyone applaud her? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Edz87 wrote: »
    I'm not racist but...

What did the Australians ever do on you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

What did the Australians ever do on you?

I heard they jizzed all over him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Hang on, this lass helps some scammers steal peoples money and we're all delighted because she spent the money.

She stole money, she got caught. She should be in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Good on her? What?! She was part of the scam! It wasn't the gang's money she was stealing, it belonged to normal people she and the rest of the gang duped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Plascebo wrote: »
    He adjourned the sentence to allow her time to provide further details of money she claimed was in a bank account that would allow her to make some repayments.

She has to show how she is going to repay the scammers the money they scammed off their dodgey website??? :confused:

Hopefully they mean repay those scammed.

Advertisement