Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling early on O2, moving to VF

Options
  • 24-02-2012 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi

My wife is on O2 at present but her bills are very high due to the fact that she texts a lot internationally, so we want to move to the new Vodafone My way which can include international texts in the deal.

Can we simply call O2 and pay off the outstanding contract (it will be 2 months) and then we can move immediately?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Neffa2 wrote: »
    Hi

My wife is on O2 at present but her bills are very high due to the fact that she texts a lot internationally, so we want to move to the new Vodafone My way which can include international texts in the deal.

Can we simply call O2 and pay off the outstanding contract (it will be 2 months) and then we can move immediately?

Thanks

Yes she can but if she plans to use the same phone with Vodafone request the unlock here before so she can use it with Vodafone. If she has smart phone or access to internet on her phone with O2 she can use, Jelly SMS on Iphone or Android or cabbagetexter on the web to send txt using the Webtext allowance of 500 per month that include international txt's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

thanks.

I just need to make this as easy as possible (not using a different messaging app) so I will go down the VF route.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Neffa2 wrote: »
    thanks.

I just need to make this as easy as possible (not using a different messaging app) so I will go down the VF route.

Thanks

You should also contact O2 on Boards and ask them of the process you might need to give them 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

you won't need to give 30 days notice. if you are certain of the time left on the O2 contract, all you need to do is get the handset unlocked (if she wishes to keep current handset) and simply go into a vodafone store and port over - this will automatically close your O2 account and they will send you a final bill with the basic charges for the remaining time of the contract. it should only take <2 hours for the number to port over

Advertisement