Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting website plus ongoing content management?

Options
  • 24-02-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just looking for some guidance. Looking for a website developer who will create, host and maintain the website of a company?

They are willing to pay monthly hosting fees for this, as they don't have expertise to use content management system like Wordpress themselves.

What type of fees would you be looking at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Mrs Apple wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for some guidance. Looking for a website developer who will create, host and maintain the website of a company?

They are willing to pay monthly hosting fees for this, as they don't have expertise to use content management system like Wordpress themselves.

What type of fees would you be looking at?

What type of a site is it going to be ? If the updates are straightforward then they shouldn't need much expertise, and while Wordpress can be painful in relation to media updates there are other CMSs that would allow this to be done quickly and easily - as fast as it would be to send an email to an updater saying what you wanted done.

Other than that, it would depend on the complexity or frequency of the updates - once a month / once a day / once a week or whatever - and you'd be charged based on the estimated time, with a discount if there were lots of manageable updates (e.g. if someone wanted me once a month for a day for these I might throw in the 12th day for free).

PM me if you don't want to reveal too much on boards.

Advertisement