Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catching crabs on a pier

Options
  • 24-02-2012 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I want to take the kids up to the local pier to do some grab fishing tomorrow. Does anybody know the best way to hook up somehting that would be good for catching crabs?

I seem to remember doing it when I was younger, I think we used string and tin foil or something. There may be a better way though. I think by using a fishing rod.

Anybody know a quick and easy way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Bit of butchers twine or similar and some bacon fat or a waste bone from the butchers and away you go. Chicken carcass either.

You can buy crab lines either and bait them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I usually just get them by accident if I'm fishing too deep on the float, they're a bastard for robbing bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I've setup a handline for my kids, with one of those onion bags at the end with a bit of bait like left over fish inside it. just drop it down the side and wait so see if you get some tugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭belle2e

yeah string and a bit of chicken tied to end works wonders.

Advertisement