Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Music Fesitval June 23rd/24th

Options
2»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

To be fair, the grass seemed in excellent condition when I was there yesterday, no trace of softness underfoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭gigantic09

where ya bin? lol. . . yesterday in westport there was a good few very heavy showers.

anyway, if the grounds of our best estate dont get mucked up as it is, tomorrows/fridays rain will distroy the place. suppose to be bad.

On the plus side survival rates from 'the rain' are much high higher nowadays with the onset of designer wellies etc, also i think people are still on a high having coped so admirably during the recent earthquake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I had the misfortune of attending a festival a few years ago where I ended up caked head to toe in mud and then my car was swamped in the parking area. I'd to pay a bloke 30 quid to get him to pull it onto the road with his tractor. What an entrepreneur! Though I was calling him a lot worse at that time.

I can hack it myself but I think I'd lose the will to live doing it with a child in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Does anybody know of any arranged buses, carpools etc from Dublin? If so could you please send me a pm with details.

Im heading down on my own and although the journey down seems nice and easy (train gets into westport just before 11) the journey home seems to bit of a nightmare. Theres no trains after the festival ends and the bus has a stop over which means the entire journey will take about 7 hours and Ive to work on Monday.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Splinters wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any arranged buses, carpools etc from Dublin? If so could you please send me a pm with details.

Im heading down on my own and although the journey down seems nice and easy (train gets into westport just before 11) the journey home seems to bit of a nightmare. Theres no trains after the festival ends and the bus has a stop over which means the entire journey will take about 7 hours and Ive to work on Monday.

There is an early train leaving Westport at 5:15am on Monday morning which gets into Heuston at 8:38am. That any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

ash23 wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of attending a festival a few years ago where I ended up caked head to toe in mud and then my car was swamped in the parking area. I'd to pay a bloke 30 quid to get him to pull it onto the road with his tractor. What an entrepreneur! Though I was calling him a lot worse at that time.

I can hack it myself but I think I'd lose the will to live doing it with a child in tow.
    Park in the town (although from the Facebook page they have dedicated car parks on the approach roads), have a spare change of clothes/shoes in the boot. I can't see how it will be a big mud fest given that most people are going Sunday and not Saturday (fingers crossed!).
    Splinters wrote: »

If you post your request on their Facebook page you might get get a few replies. I have seen others do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mudfest pending i think1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

oscarBravo wrote: »
    To be fair, the grass seemed in excellent condition when I was there yesterday, no trace of softness underfoot.

i agree the whole area enjoys excellent drainage, so dampness shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy!:D

Just back from spending the afternoon and evening at the festival. The ground was a little muddy but not bad enough to need wellies (I'll have to clean my boots and the hems of my jeans are muddy).

But most importantly, it was mighty craic. Some great acts, a super atmosphere, a lovely setting for a music festival. I hope it's an ongoing thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

A little flavour of Sunday night's fantastic performance from Jools Holland with guest Marc Almond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Just back from spending the afternoon and evening at the festival. The ground was a little muddy but not bad enough to need wellies (I'll have to clean my boots and the hems of my jeans are muddy).

But most importantly, it was mighty craic. Some great acts, a super atmosphere, a lovely setting for a music festival. I hope it's an ongoing thing.

Same here. Had a great day. Everyone in great form, 3 great stages, and the rain on Saturday didn't do nearly as much damage to the ground as I thought it might.

I hope the organisers are happy with how things went and that they're starting to plan for next year. It's a fabulous venue for it, so, long may it continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Festival set-up was really good, especially pleasent on the sunday. The crowd was poor enough I thought with the exception of sunday evening, felt guilty then as I couldn't afford a ticket so snuck in, but i'm glad to hear they're doing it again next year and will buy a ticket next time :P

All the facilities were good and the lines for the toilet were never disastrously long. Russian Delinquents, Undertones and Steve were the best I saw.

I took a few shaky video clips and a couple of photos - I think they're publicly visible here:

https://plus.google.com/101589882375232278977/posts/FhyZ4yKvVyc

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I really hope Westport Music Festival 2013 goes ahead!

I wasn't there on Saturday but Sunday was a fantastic day. Alison Moyet and Imelda May were the highlights for me. I was delighted to see a mix of age groups there.

It gets 10/10 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Same here.There on the sat.Highlights 4 me were the minutes,bipolar empire,lloyd cole and ray davies who was class.The whole set up was great esp for 1st time event.even the heineken which i normally detest was going down well. This fest def has a future methinks!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

wasn't there myself but family members with experience of festivals were very enthusiastic about it.

Congrats to all involved.

Advertisement