Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition

Options
  • 24-02-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone picked it up today? I got the Fallout 3 Goty edition (Xbox 360) and it was great as all the DLC was on a second disc and could just be installed. Was just wondering if anyone who bought this could tell me if it's the same as Fallout 3 or if they copped out and went for redeemable codes to download the add ons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Honestly thought I'd have gotten a reply to this, guess not as many people bought this as I thought. Anyway for anyone who might be wondering this too, I just searched the unboxing of this on youtube and it is indeed on a separate disc to be installed, which is great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I bought Fallout New Vegas for €5 on Steam. Would it cost me around or under €40 still if I was to purchase all dlc too?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was just wondering if anyone picked it up today? I got the Fallout 3 Goty edition (Xbox 360) and it was great as all the DLC was on a second disc and could just be installed. Was just wondering if anyone who bought this could tell me if it's the same as Fallout 3 or if they copped out and went for redeemable codes to download the add ons?

PC?

On the PS3 it was all one disc.

I don't know how much the add ons cost on Steam, I don't really game on PC. They're around 8 quid each on Xbox Live and you can pick up the Ultimate edition on amazon for about 25 pound so less than 30 euro.

@Noodler, 360,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Question: If I got this would my old Fallout NV saves work fine?

I got the GOTY of Fallout3 and it was great. Didn't buy any of the NV DLCs so might just pick this up when it gets cheap/trade in my normal NV.

Edit: I'm playing on PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I played new vegas more than skyrim. Cool story huh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

An excellent game and I enjoyed it more that Fallout 3. As for DLC, as I got the Vagas edition on steam for 5e I'll wait till the DLC are also on sale for a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I gotta agree with both Manach and Spunge. I definitely found myself more into it than both Skyrim and Fallout 3.

The story and atmosphere was more interesting to me than Skyrim (which surprises me as I love fantasy). And I was so much happier with the desert and blue skies instead of the grey/green eyesore that was Fallout 3.

Your Original Fallout saves should work fine with this version yes. They do on 360 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Manach wrote: »
    An excellent game and I enjoyed it more that Fallout 3. As for DLC, as I got the Vagas edition on steam for 5e I'll wait till the DLC are also on sale for a similar price.

You missed the silly sales at Christmas 2011 then; All of the Bethusda F3/F:NV stuff got thrown onto one of the one-day special sales so I lifted all the F:NV DLC for pitence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement