Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting music onto iphone without itunes.

• 24-02-2012 2:02pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

So I jailbroke my iphone 4S, purely with the intention of getting music onto it easier. I don't know why I was under the impression that it would create folders that I could drag and drop stuff into when connected to a PC. Y'know like every other phone and MP3 player out there :pac: Is there any way to do this? Have folders for music show up in My Computer -> iPhone -> Music so I can just drag and drop from my library?

Or if I can't, what do you guys feel the easiest way to go about it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

With itunes you can drag and drop regardless of jailbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

There are plenty of alternatives to itunes which will sync with your iphone

Media Monkey
    Songbird
    Copy Trans Manager
    Foobar2000
    Double Twist
    Winamp

I am presuming you are using a PC when you say PC as opposed to Mac

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I don't have a computer, am relying on internet cafe machines, and you cant install programs on them, thats why I am looking for a solution closer to my idea... anyone know of a way? Thanks for the replies so far guys, I'm just PC less at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Without any special software on the computer I can't think of a way to move music to phone.
    A jailbroken phone won't just show up as a music folder in Windows Explorer when you connect it, that's not how it works.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

biko wrote: »
    A jailbroken iphone won't just show up as a music folder in Windows Explorer when you connect it, that's not how it works.

Fixed it for you :P

Bloody Apple.

• Advertisement
Advertisement