Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Pink Floyd show @ the Olympia 23/02/12

Options
  • 24-02-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Great show last night.

However, the Olympia was way to small to accomodate that production.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

poundhound wrote: »
    Great show last night.

However, the Olympia was way to small to accomodate that production.

Why do you say that?
    I'm going tonight, and looking forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Why do you say that?
    I'm going tonight, and looking forward to it...

Watch out for people talking. My friend said she couldn't handle the amount of assholes talking during the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

*Way* too small - if you haven't seen them before, then you'll be missing half a light show & some interesting theatrics ;-)

People talking - very noticeable in this venue compared to the O2

We were in the first circle - really not a great view; like looking through a letter box. If you're in the stalls you'll probably be ok.

The normally incredible sound didn't seem the same from our seats....could be the venue...or see next point...

Lineup changes - see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_Floyd:_The_Pink_Floyd_Tribute_Show

This was the 7th time I've seen them and by far the worst. At the O2 with the original band they were amazing. Have to get tickets now for Brit Floyd there in May & compare....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I hadn't seen them before and I really enjoyed it. Fierce full of ignorant pricks though, I was in the Circle, and there were lads kept standing up and generally pissing people off.

Does anyone have the setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Was at the early show Fri night. Great gig as usual. But dont think it was as good as any of the previous times I have seen them. No mirrorball for Comfortably numb took away slightly from the greatness of the song live. No inflatables either. I think Damien Darlington was a big loss.
    Agree about díckheads talking. I was in the front row and I felt like smacking the lad beside me who was roaring to the guy beside him throughout the gig. Also I preferred standing in the Olympia years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement