Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to practice driving in Limerick

• 24-02-2012 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

A friend of mine needs to practice driving (basic things: starting, parking etc.). Does anyone know a place in Limerick where would be safe to do it? I remember seeing people practising on the yard near Dock Road roundabout. Is that place reserved for the motoring schools or free to enter for anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Raheen Industrial Estate, ideally on Sundays.

Worked fine for me anyway, you should also find a few empty factory bays to practise parking, etc. too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

As mentione raheen ind estate or casteltroy buisness park/UL at weekends aint too bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No stay away from the UL area! Its not a great place to learn. The Raheen Industrial Estate is big enough that you dont have to leave it - you can drive around there for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

+1 for Raheen. Can practice everything there.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I see lots of registered ones practising out by UL, but I think Raheen would actually be better. On a weekend of course.

All of us in Clare learn in the Shannon Industrial Estate / Ghost town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

I learned to drive in Raheen Industrial Estate

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

MarkR wrote: »
    I see lots of registered ones practising out by UL, but I think Raheen would actually be better. On a weekend of course.

All of us in Clare learn in the Shannon Industrial Estate / Ghost town.

good old marcus, must know every inch of that estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

Thanks to all. I'll check out Raheen.

Advertisement