Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use Netopia 2247 as repeater for Cisco EPC2425

Options
  • 24-02-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

One of my housemates has had to borrow my wifi adapter to connect to UPC BB in my house which uses a cisco epc2425 cable router/modem. Recently found a Netopia 2247. Is it possible to setup the 2247 as a wifi repeater so my housemate can simply connect to the 2247 via Ethernet to get our BB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Darith wrote: »
    One of my housemates has had to borrow my wifi adapter to connect to UPC BB in my house which uses a cisco epc2425 cable router/modem. Recently found a Netopia 2247. Is it possible to setup the 2247 as a wifi repeater so my housemate can simply connect to the 2247 via Ethernet to get our BB?

Its called bridge mode, and if thats one of the old eircom routers(the silver one) then yeah, just set it to "bridge mode" and away you go. I have one the underside of my desk doing just that(cant find the logins to check model).

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Darith

ED E wrote: »
    Its called bridge mode, and if thats one of the old eircom routers(the silver one) then yeah, just set it to "bridge mode" and away you go. I have one the underside of my desk doing just that(cant find the logins to check model).

Enabled Bridge mode. Or i think i did. So what next? How do i configure?

Advertisement