Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving my work Wifi to my home??

Options
  • 24-02-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi guys, my girlfriend works in a pub B&B that has wifi for all its guests and her house is a couple hundred feet away and can get the signal in her bedroom but its weak and stop startish at time. Is there anyway she can improve the signal in receving it in her room?? With an antenna or something ?? Her employers know she is using there wifi and do not have a problem with this so could something be done from there either only problem would be i dont think she could be able to move the router closer toward her house.
    Cheers guys and help be great !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

if the pub/b&b changed their router to a more powerful router with better antennas and gain on it then she wud prob get better signal, but i cant see them doing that so she can have free internet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

if the pub/b&b changed their router to a more powerful router with better antennas and gain on it then she wud prob get better signal, but i cant see them doing that so she can have free internet....

Pointless if it's a couple of hundred feet away. A point to point link is the best way if she's willing to spend some cash to do it right

the fact she wants free internet indicates she is not willing to spend anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would line of sight (out B&B window, to the OPs GFs window) be of any benefit?

The OP says that they can't move the router in the pub\B&b

• Advertisement
Advertisement