Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Film Festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Miguel_Angel

I will be there! :).

- The passion of Joan of Arc
    - Rupture
    - Mon Oncle
    - Le Havre!!

i can't wait to watch them!!.

Cheers!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Excellent Films!

Definitely going to see 'Cave of Forgotten Dreams' in 3D

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cave-of-Forgotten-Dreams-3D-Blu-ray/29118/#Review

I've it on order from Amazon as it was only £7.49 for the blu ray, but wouldn't have been able to watch the 3D disc which is said to be stunning

I was hoping to see 'La Haine' as part of the festival, especially with the Criterion re-releasing it in a few months.
    It's a film friends are sick of me telling them about.

Not sure if I'll go to 'The Passion of Joan of Arc', I really want to see it, but apparently Eureka are planning to release it year.
    Plus €15 for 'screening + live score' puts me off a bit.

I think I'll skip the 'dinner + screening' in Ballymaloe for €60, and the one in the English Market for €30.

Most of the Gate screenings seem to be pre 5pm, so it should be €5.25 per adult

The Referees looks interesting, I reckon I'll head to YoYo

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Miguel_Angel

La Haine is an incredible film, definitely a must see!!.

Watching The Passion Of Joan Of Arc in a big screen is one of the most unforgettable experiences I have had in my life, and it was long time ago!!.

Cheers!.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...are they showing 'La Haine'? Didn't see it listed anywhere, would be worth seeing in the big screen.

Orizio wrote: »
    ...are they showing 'La Haine'? Didn't see it listed anywhere, would be worth seeing in the big screen.

Nope

I was just saying that I was hoping they would screen it as the Criterion are re-releasing it apparently with a new master over in the States in May

I've the Studio Canal blu-ray which looks incredible, but I'd love to see it on a cinema screen, and especially if it's an even better master

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Want to see 4/5 films over the week in the gate, how important is it for me to book these tickets in advance? Can I just turn up before the movie and pay in?

Orizio wrote: »
    Can I just turn up before the movie and pay in?

That's my plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

I do love french films

Advertisement