Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro pitches Portarlington

Options
  • 24-02-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Does anybody know a date for when these are opening? It'd be great if they ran something like a 5a-side league around town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Does anybody know a date for when these are opening? It'd be great if they ran something like a 5a-side league around town.

I'd say when they are finished building them;)

No doubt some suits will want to come down from dublin with the local wannabes to take all the plaudits for some a facility in the town:rolleyes:

It will be a few weeks i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

From looking at them at the weekend I'd say they're not very far from opening.
    I just hope they don't go charging silly rates to use them. I think in the current climate you should be charge €50 per hour max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

5th of march i think,there taking bookings now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BobTerwilliger

Who is taking bookings exactly? Is it the Community Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Who is taking bookings exactly? Is it the Community Centre?

No the leisure centre owns them,they are taking bookings now a lot already gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 BobTerwilliger

Played on the pitches last night. Very enjoyable. They're a perfect size I reckon.

Would love if some sort of 'Street' League started up!

Advertisement