Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Fecking 7GB .... going to ages downloading this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

BigEejit wrote: »
    Fecking 7GB .... going to ages downloading this :(
    That's why I was asking about downloading the setup files, so I can download it on a 100Mb fibre connection in UL :D

Anyone know if I download the game through Steam, then backup game files to a memory stick and transfer them to my PC, will that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Errr...the Planetside Youtube page is just after posting about 10 video tutorials on the game. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetSide2?feature=g-u-u

More here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rivaLxfactor?feature=g-u-u

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah because having to watch and listen to someone play the game is a whole load of fun now isnt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah because having to watch and listen to someone play the game is a whole load of fun now isnt it.
    Yes, actually. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy watching videos of peoples' gameplay.

Anyway, you asked for tutorials. Videos are the best way to show you how to do something, whatever that something is. How else would they do tutorials for the game, without writing pages of content?

Pretty easily i would thought, most games have them, where they run you through the basics. A boot camp if you would like to call it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Downloaded it this morning and jumped on the M EU server (can't recall full name, Miller perhaps) which was at medium as VS. Quickly got to BR2 defending a base against terrorists (NC). Saw one East coast server at High and a West coast at Very High as well so may end up having to go US server in the end but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Nody wrote: »
    Downloaded it this morning and jumped on the M EU server (can't recall full name, Miller perhaps) which was at medium as VS. Quickly got to BR2 defending a base against terrorists (NC). Saw one East coast server at High and a West coast at Very High as well so may end up having to go US server in the end but we'll see.

One of the lucky few then, I couldn't even download the files after installing the client.

And I thought Star Wars The Old Republic had a bad launch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah also playing VS on Miller, which seems to be the main EU server, most of the big outfits are going on Miller.
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    One of the lucky few then, I couldn't even download the files after installing the client.

And I thought Star Wars The Old Republic had a bad launch...

Well there was about 40 guys from our outfit playing last night, most of us agreed it went better than we expected :D Thats not to say it was perfect by any means, still a lot of bugs but hey what's new.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah also playing VS on Miller, which seems to be the main EU server, most of the big outfits are going on Miller.

Well there was about 40 guys from our outfit playing last night, most of us agreed it went better than we expected :D Thats not to say it was perfect by any means, still a lot of bugs but hey what's new.
    Was a broadcast as I was playing of not to use the alpha squad implant and the weapons you got with it because when you logged out it would remove the implant :pac:.

As I only had 10 min this morning I was not going to plug it in anyway but does anyone know if you get the implant accross all characters and servers (i.e. if I roll 1 of each faction on a server do I get 3x implant or only 1 and if I roll toons on two servers can both have the implant)?

I also need to subscribe up this weekend (25% bonus + 10% implant bonus, yes please!).

Burgo wrote: »

Well **** you too :D

I'll try through Steam when i get home, supposed to be easier.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Well **** you too :D

I'll try through Steam when i get home, supposed to be easier.

;)

Yeah i was going through steam, it just launches the launcher when you open it in steam though.

One thing after about two hours game crashed and noticed it was using over 2gig, didn't notice this high usage durnig the beta.

@Nody, there was an issue with implants and purchases with station cash, that if you bought something you needed to log out/in for it to show up.
    and I think the implant is for the one character, though i'd gladly be proven wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/user/rivaLxfactor/videos?view=0

Some great videos for newer players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Been running around on matherson mostly last night, got my lib kitted out with a zephyr and went on a 3 hour long killing spree, before pissing both nc and tr off to the point, where i was finally taken out of the sky by both a reaver and mossie ramming me( I got a little lost on ammerish and flew over a base nc and tr were fighting over, there was lots of infantry on the ground and no aa....I was highly amused at that, then i got another lib :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Man I love this game ... when first started I went for a bit of a sight seeing tour down to the bottom of the map, ended up at an base with no one around. Then all of a sudden a gun ship comes down and a few guys hope out and start to steal the base, I managed to hold off most of them and take down the gun ship but then another one showed up. They were obviously pushing for this base. Eventually lost the base and the rest of the team decide they better do something so a few of us hold off basically a full scale tank invasion for about an hour before losing the base I retreated to.

And all this in the first 2 hours of playing the game. I'm sold :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Was a broadcast as I was playing of not to use the alpha squad implant and the weapons you got with it because when you logged out it would remove the implant :pac:.

As I only had 10 min this morning I was not going to plug it in anyway but does anyone know if you get the implant accross all characters and servers (i.e. if I roll 1 of each faction on a server do I get 3x implant or only 1 and if I roll toons on two servers can both have the implant)?

I also need to subscribe up this weekend (25% bonus + 10% implant bonus, yes please!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm hearing this game is hardware intensive.

Anyone tell me if I could run this well ?

Cpu- i5 2005k
    Gpu- amd 6970
    Ram- 8gb

Any help would be great.

blobby360 wrote: »
    I'm hearing this game is hardware intensive.

Anyone tell me if I could run this well ?

Cpu- i5 2005k
    Gpu- amd 6970
    Ram- 8gb

Any help would be great.

You should be fine, it's quite scaleable afaik. Know a lad who was running it on his ancient dell without much trouble.

I did notice last night however that it did seem to use quite a lot of ram, just under 2 gig for myself...before the game crashed :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

God that shop is too tempting...

Starting to get the hang of it, keep crashing nearly every time i die though.

Are characters locked to servers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yay! Another free game to lokk forward to. WOT, Mech Warrior and now this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Zombrex wrote: »
    Are characters locked to servers?

Character names are unique, and locked to servers yes. Also weapons and gear purchases with station points are per character, not account bound.

Character names are unique, and locked to servers yes. Also weapons and gear purchases with station points are per character, not account bound.

Thanks, something to keep in mind when spending money on a character who isn't one I care about (ie not one I play with friends with)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

idiot question here but how do you log onto this game to play it.
    i downloaded the steam version.
    i created an account on the .eu website and i can login to the website but when i run steam i just get Invalid name or password.

idiot question here but how do you log onto this game to play it.
    i downloaded the steam version.
    i created an account on the website and i can login to the website but when i run steam i just get Invalid name or password.

This is a known issue. You could try downloading the client again from the website, or just keep Googling until someone figures out how to fix it

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?p=857003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

i know its a free game and all that but thats some serious f**k up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right... wtf is happening...

i though beta account would be just updated for full game, but it just went hip**** on me.
    now i try to recover my password, but it says that there are no account ojn that email?!?! WTF?!?! i bough station cash on that account too ffs.

i know its a free game and all that but thats some serious f**k up.

I would imagine it was because the Steam client wasn't involved in the beta and probably wasn't tested all that well. Bit surprising from someone as large as Sony, you think they would have a warehouse fill of monkeys testing this stuff, but I'm sure it will get fixed soon enough.

right... wtf is happening...

i though beta account would be just updated for full game, but it just went hip**** on me.
    now i try to recover my password, but it says that there are no account ojn that email?!?! WTF?!?! i bough station cash on that account too ffs.

Seem to remember there being something on the download page about downloading the US client if you were part of the Beta, you could try that (go to the Play Now page while logged out of the website)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Zombrex wrote: »
    Seem to remember there being something on the download page about downloading the US client if you were part of the Beta, you could try that (go to the Play Now page while logged out of the website)

omfg. i just looked there and planetside 2 for europe is like managed by different company? it does not use station cash, but some sort of sevencash? WTF is happening?

i bough 20eu worth of station cash... does that mean that i bought it for US account or some ****? now i cant even use it on eu?! i was quite surprised as i managed to make myself an account with same username and on same email...

Advertisement