Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Burgo wrote: »
    No, just LA and medic unfortunately.
    That's a pity. I mostly play engie and can do sweet f**k against vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

That's a pity. I mostly play engie and can do sweet f**k against vehicles.

Don't engies get AT mines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Don't engies get AT mines?
    Ah, they could do. I haven't played much of the game with the last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

yeah, they get both ap and at mines:D

• Advertisement

anyone know if the walker is a good upgrade for the tailgun on a lib, I usually end up flying lib's not sitting in other spots so never got to play with it much in beta. Usually when i fly, the lib lives longer than if one of the other 2 of my usual crew flies it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Would not a stand alone ESF work better? Tail gun is always going to be limited in arc and by having two aircrafts out you dilute the incoming fire or one get a free run on the target.

my normal tailgunner is a terrible pilot so no...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is the Scythe as overpowered as it looks? Seems like it runs rings around any of the other planes, and everyone seems to be flying them.

the sythe seems more agile than the other 2 but suffers the usual VS damage loss at range, its why they tend to hunt in packs. Though the esf's in general tend to be op, I don't think the scythe is any more so, as it has a far larger profile when shot at from the ground. I dont think they're flown anymore or less than the other two esf's either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

the sythe seems more agile than the other 2 but suffers the usual VS damage loss at range, its why they tend to hunt in packs. Though the esf's in general tend to be op, I don't think the scythe is any more so, as it has a far larger profile when shot at from the ground. I dont think they're flown anymore or less than the other two esf's either
    Well I see the TR ESF the least of all of them to be honest; same with NC I rarely see armor (maybe two or three tanks at most) on the ground but both VS and TR tend to pull quite a bit given the chance.

Nody wrote: »
    Well I see the TR ESF the least of all of them to be honest; same with NC I rarely see armor (maybe two or three tanks at most) on the ground but both VS and TR tend to pull quite a bit given the chance.

Well that's because Magrider :D
    I haven't noticed a lack of vanguards shoot at me tbh.

Well that's because Magrider :DI haven't noticed a lack of vanguards shoot at me tbh.
    Oh I fully agree; it was one of the major reasons I went VS in the end. I've yet to have a "bad" run in a Mag and had several fun moments (such as ramming 3 buggies coming down a road together and killing all three buggies and drivers by ramming only). To be fair the Mag's mobilitymakes it OP compared to the other tanks; esp. in how it can handle hills combined with gun etc. but nothing which the armor don't help to compensate for (still OP by comparison though :P ).

seems to be dependant on what server and cont you play on... on mattherson, on amerish - always seem to be fighting nc, with the bit if tr interfereance, easmir - vs just mauls everything there and on indar, tr seem to rule

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing this game just makes a laugh of anything the Battlefield series has ever produced.
    Easily the most impressive grand scale multiplayer fps out there today.

Playing as vanu on Lichcorp server.
    After trying all factions with a few toons to battle rank 10 on each i reckon ill be sticking with the Vanu.
    Anyone on this server and faction add Cullyhaslasers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

This cone of fire stuff is a bit too much don't ya think?

I mean, there's firing an automatic weapon and losing accuracy due to recoil, and then there is firing a machine gun point blank in someones face in short controlled bursts and somehow missing every time.

The only good shots I can get are with the Light assault with a sight fitted on the rifle and with the infiltrator.

The NC heavy Assault has some sort of joke gun that fires rings around what ever you point at. How this society built an empire with rubber guns like that is beyond me. Several occasions I have come face to face with the enemy, and fired the NC HA weapon directly at them from meters away, somehow missing every shot. It's like that scene in Pulp fiction.

Also the Liberators stock machine gun turrets are very weak. I fired into the face of a Mozzy at point blank and hit about 20-30 shots. Almost no effect.

Rubber bullets, Bendy muzzles. For someone that enjoys picking shots,it's difficult to get with this spray bullets wildly style of play.

If someone stands in front of my player and I have a sub machine gun, that I fire directly at them in tapped bursts, I expect them to get hit! No apparently centering the reticule on them and pulling the trigger at point blank is not enough.

RADIUS wrote: »
    This cone of fire stuff is a bit too much don't ya think?

I mean, there's firing an automatic weapon and losing accuracy due to recoil, and then there is firing a machine gun point blank in someones face in short controlled bursts and somehow missing every time.

The only good shots I can get are with the Light assault with a sight fitted on the rifle and with the infiltrator.

The NC heavy Assault has some sort of joke gun that fires rings around what ever you point at. How this society built an empire with rubber guns like that is beyond me. Several occasions I have come face to face with the enemy, and fired the NC HA weapon directly at them from meters away, somehow missing every shot. It's like that scene in Pulp fiction.

Also the Liberators stock machine gun turrets are very weak. I fired into the face of a Mozzy at point blank and hit about 20-30 shots. Almost no effect.

Rubber bullets, Bendy muzzles. For someone that enjoys picking shots,it's difficult to get with this spray bullets wildly style of play.

If someone stands in front of my player and I have a sub machine gun, that I fire directly at them in tapped bursts, I expect them to get hit! No apparently centering the reticule on them and pulling the trigger at point blank is not enough.

I dunno mate , my bullets go exactly where aim.
    Not having any of your issues at all.

It's an issue I am having only with NC to be honest.

I think I will go back to the TR or try the VS. I had much more success with the TR HA. Also my frame rate takes a hit when there is a lot going on, maybe I am lagging in frames and that's causing the inaccuracy's.

Frustrating though, because I think it's an amazing game!

I'm still clocking up kills though, got a 14 kill spree with the TR infiltrator the other day, my best so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm playing NC too and I'm also having serious problems hitting stuff with the heavy assault's machine gun. Its not like I can't aim or don't know how to fire in controlled bursts I've been playing counter strike for years and my aim is pretty good. If I come up against an enemy LA at close range 7/10 times I lose. I'm much more effective with the LA's rifle or the infiltrator. And the RPG takes FOREVER to reload. You fire one shot at a tank and by the time you've reloaded the tank is 300 metres away.

Also I'm getting a weird glitch. After I spawn myself a tank and move off the spawn area I sometimes fall through the map and find myself plummeting through cyber space with the speedo showing 500kph until I eventually explode. Is this happening to anyone else?

Despite this I'm still really enjoying the game and I'd definitely be prepared to put some cash into it to buy upgrades once I figure out which class/vehicle I like most and how the upgrades work.

I also think the weapons are too weak. Id rather it was like COD or counter strike where it only takes 5 - 6 shots with the average rifle rather than 10 - 15.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm playing NC too and I'm also having serious problems hitting stuff with the heavy assault's machine gun. Its not like I can't aim or don't know how to fire in controlled bursts I've been playing counter strike for years and my aim is pretty good. If I come up against an enemy LA at close range 7/10 times I lose. I'm much more effective with the LA's rifle or the infiltrator. And the RPG takes FOREVER to reload. You fire one shot at a tank and by the time you've reloaded the tank is 300 metres away.

Yes that's exactly what I am talking about. Seems it's a NC HA issue.

• Advertisement

NC weapons are the most hard hitting but have the most recoil and longest reload time of any faction.
    Not sure this is contributing to you guys but thought id mention it all the same.

Got the Assault shotgun on my NC and VS guy today; omg it's so much fun! Strongly recommended pick ups (350 station cash) if you like to get close and personal (two shot to kill basically).

Got the Assault shotgun on my NC and VS guy today; omg it's so much fun! Strongly recommended pick ups (350 station cash) if you like to get close and personal (two shot to kill basically).

Whats the rate of fire and reload like? How many shots do you get before reloading?

RADIUS wrote: »
    Whats the rate of fire and reload like? How many shots do you get before reloading?
    NC 6, VS 8 and can add 4 shots by 100 cert mod. Reload is relatively quick, I'd say around 1s. Only thing is that you need to fire each shot separately rather then pray and spray :)

Good thing as well is you can kill other people with out shotgun if they get the drop on you if you're close enough due to better ttk (killed quite a few people that way so far) and you can do a nasty trick on a MAX if close enough (I'd say 2 clips to kill one give or take).

Best way to deal with mossies with a libs main gun, is get the tankbuster....it rips Esf's to shreads,
    I would recommend using the zephyr bombers turret for infantry heavy targets as it has a huge spash radius.

The dalton for mass tank engagements, has a smaller splash damage radius, and smaller clip, but far far more damage.

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing this game just makes a laugh of anything the Battlefield series has ever produced.
    Easily the most impressive grand scale multiplayer fps out there today.

Playing as vanu on Lichcorp server.
    After trying all factions with a few toons to battle rank 10 on each i reckon ill be sticking with the Vanu.
    Anyone on this server and faction add Cullyhaslasers :)

I'll add you , I'm Stryiker on Lichcorp Vanu.;)

Going to try get a good few hours pumped into this over the weekend. Setup my mic, and try to actually get in with a squad. Been a but aimless the last 2 nights, and haven't gotten much done.

Kiith wrote: »
    Going to try get a good few hours pumped into this over the weekend. Setup my mic, and try to actually get in with a squad. Been a but aimless the last 2 nights, and haven't gotten much done.

Yeah playing alone in this game is quite unfun, join a squad and follow the zerg!

Yeah playing alone in this game is quite unfun, join a squad and follow the zerg!
    I tend to go the other way honestly; I love to do small scale warfare; talking 2 vs. 3 or similar style of stopping / capping small side bases while the big zerg is hold up at a base for an hour or three. Only exception is the big city in the sky bases as I can go LA with shotty jumping around and get of nice "in your face" kills / defences done :P

• Advertisement

I'd love the 2-3 man squads, but you need a good group, that actually listens and works together for that. Not the biggest of fan of massive zergs.

Question about the certs...do you need to unlock accessories for each gun? As in, if i unlock some optics/rail/barrell etc... are they available for any gun, or just the specific gun i unlocked it on?

Advertisement