Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I love the buggy...though I seem to get myself killed in it more than enemies kill me:confused:

Yeah it flips over and goes boom on me alot :( But I raked up a crap load of kills with a Bulldog in one last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

The 84mm on the buggy is deadly, and not the awesome way if you're on the other end..... I came up against 6 buggys with it. My lightning was down in about 3/4 shots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Roorah wrote: »
    The 84mm on the buggy is deadly, and not the awesome way if you're on the other end..... I came up against 6 buggys with it. My lightning was down in about 3/4 shots.
    Replace 6 buggies (12/18 people) with 12 ESF, 12 Lightenings etc.

The more I see it in play the less I think the buggy will have any permanent effect on the meta game; the third seat can't hit anything short of standing still (removes whole point of the buggy) and the weapons on top can't beat what a ESF/Lightening/MBT/Lib bring instead (first two at same resource cost!). About the only thing left is transport from A to B but a Sundy or Galaxy does that better (Sundy when you arrive, more armor & hp) and/or faster (No terrain to flip on).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

iIt makes grabbing amp stations a hell of a lot easier thats for sure, get 4 buggies in to the main bay when the shields are up, hack out a sundy and hold it down, and before you mention juyst using a sundy to do it. The sundy is just too slow, and a major target... managed to grab peris last night with just 3 squads while they were hammering regent rock with a couple of platoons, we only encountered resistance in the last 20 seconds before the cap, did the same thing to vanu at mau tech plant.

I dont see em making a massive impact on the battlefield, but the fact that they can be pulled from every base with a ground vehical station means they are very handy for running squad support.

free camo apparently > http://pside.co/137RK1G

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sony offers until end of the month the 3 month subscription for $9.99 a month (same as 12 month subscription cost per month) charged quarterly AND locking in that price until you change subscription plan again. Keeping in mind the fact you get 500SC a month as long as you're subscribed (if you cancel subscription at any time you lose that benefit; you need to be on automatic renewal) and the passive cert bonus (up to 48 certs per 24h) it's a great deal in my book (esp. as I was on the 6 month plan at 11.99 previously).

Got my first ESF hate tell this morning; yay!

The guy complained I used A2A missiles (first time I've taken them for a spin) and ended up ramming him to death :P

VS (Miller) now have an official theme song! All you fascists (TR) and gun crazed commercial hippies (NC) should have this playing in your head as you die :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

... and that's how the TR and NC settled their differences and joined forced to exterminate every last Vanu on the planet.

I must say, the Harasser is very aptly named. In skilled hands it's the most annoying thing I've ever encountered in the game.

Nody wrote: »
    VS (Miller) now have an official theme song! All you fascists (TR) and gun crazed commercial hippies (NC) should have this playing in your head as you die :P

I'll have to check that out later when i get home from work....

• Advertisement

on another note...a vanu buggy race on woodman

(if the link doesn't work, i'll fix it later)

There were lots of casualties... some from TR while crossing the front lines, a lot more from terrain:eek:

TR players will appreciate this

https://www.planetside2.com/news/armisticeday2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nice, what do people think the NC and VS holiday hats will be? Im going with a beret for NC

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nice, what do people think the NC and VS holiday hats will be? Im going with a beret for NC

ask and you shall recieve... concept art for the new nc helmet http://pside.co/1717Ka5

While I do like the "For teh EMPRAH!" feel of the TR hat, There's just something more badass about the NC one.

Also, SOE have it made now. They realised why TF2 was so successful and they're muscling in on the hat market.

todays patch notes
    New in The Depot:
    Harasser Tire Spikes and Hubcaps are now available!

Lumifber should now appear correclty on the Harasser.
    The Stats Miscellaneous tab will now display ribbons.
    The Horn bundle contents have been clarified so it’s clear which vehicles they are for.
    Disabled concussion and flash grenades in VR Training
    Camo should no longer cover too much on the new MAX helmets.
    Fixed large bridge support beam that wasn’t rendering correctly.
    Harasser Nanite Auto Repair System Cert tooltips have been corrected.
    Flash Performance Cert tooltips fixed
    VS MAX Vortex balance tweaks have been made:
    Increase damage fall off start range by 100 meters (300-400)
    Increased charge 1 damage from 85 to 105
    Increased charge 2 damage from 200 to 245
    Increased charge 3 damage from 415 to 490
    Loadouts and Certifications should no longer be reset after leaving VR training.

vanu will be happy

No Vanu will not be happy because the issue with the Vortex is it got worse accuracy then a MAX shotgun with out slug ammo (i.e. effective range is <20m); I'd buy dual of the TR or NC once directly if given the option instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ask and you shall recieve... concept art for the new nc helmet http://pside.co/1717Ka5

It does look pretty badass and very NC. The TR design looks cool as a hat but I think it will look awful ingame.

BTW I love the 5000 cert points I got for free on both my VS and TR characters after the patch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Anyone else have a problem with this game crashing a lot? Wasn't too bad for a while then tonight I've had maybe 8/9 crashes. Sometimes I can play for 2 hours no problem, sometimes 5 minutes. Incredibly annoying. Also, every time I exit the game the normal way, it says Planetside 2 has stopped working etc etc.

To be honest its really ruining a game that I was beginning to get really in to.

Do you have the GPU physics enabled? That one sent me crashing like mad even after they made it "officially" available again.

• Advertisement

Do you have the GPU physics enabled? That one sent me crashing like mad even after they made it "officially" available again.

Yea I do! Never thought of turning it off even! Ill give it a try when I get back from work! Does it have much affect on gfx quality if its off?

Cheers Nody.

Fenix wrote: »
    Yea I do! Never thought of turning it off even! Ill give it a try when I get back from work! Does it have much affect on gfx quality if its off?

Cheers Nody.
    It makes the sparklies not look like a reversed water for the jump pads etc. but it's not a huge change.

Cheers Nody.

I tend to live longer without it...as I dont get distracted by the pretty explosions...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Is there a boards group who play this together online? Wouldn't mind jumping on for a game at somepoint as I'v been mainly playing solo which isn't as fun.

Is there a boards group who play this together online? Wouldn't mind jumping on for a game at somepoint as I'v been mainly playing solo which isn't as fun.
    I think we're pretty spread out to be honest; for example my mains are on Miller VS side (which means I get to shot Sarky though I can't ever recall getting the chance so far :( ) while others are on other servers.

I think we're pretty spread out to be honest; for example my mains are on Miller VS side (which means I get to shot Sarky though I can't ever recall getting the chance so far :( ) while others are on other servers.

Maybe I'm just too leet. >_>

Sarky wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just too leet. >_>
    Probably true; I tend to die a lot anyway (hey someone has to catch the enemies bullets, right?!)

If you ever see the MFLC tag you can take some solace in having shot someone who at least knows me IRL?

Yay I've gotten so good at PS2 that I'm apparently cheating (or so does the pissed of BR78 ESF pilot think after I shot him down with my new shiny Striker; hands down the most fun and OP of all Empire specific weapons as a side note)!

• Advertisement

Yay I've gotten so good at PS2 that I'm apparently cheating (or so does the pissed of BR78 ESF pilot think after I shot him down with my new shiny Striker; hands down the most fun and OP of all Empire specific weapons as a side note)!

Yea the striker is way OP, so get the most out of it before the inevitable nerf! Also, never used them but Fracture max's absolutely rape me, dreading what they will be like with lockdown :/ Dev's are TR!!!

Yea the striker is way OP, so get the most out of it before the inevitable nerf! Also, never used them but Fracture max's absolutely rape me, dreading what they will be like with lockdown :/ Dev's are TR!!!

How is it op exactly? striker is easy to dodge in the air, since it always leads the target , ab towards the ground and most the shots will hit the ground, at best its only useful for galaxies and libs... its useless against vanguards, some what useful against mags tho, cant lock onto turrets or maxes...

The way i see it... the vs say that x tr and y nc weapon is op, the nc say that y tr weapon and x vs weapon is op and tr say the same of nc and vs weapons

Each faction weapon has advantages over the others.... though in considering that, the lancer still could use some tweaking .

I play, and got, all three side's empire specific HA rockets unlocked. It's OP against air because it will in practice kill a ESF in one salvo taking about 2s to shot out. Why is that better? Well for starters you don't have to deal with them trying to jink away from you or stand around like a fool waiting to be sniped; secondly it can be fired from safety doing so and most importantly the player has no way of knowing if it's a striker or normal missile locking on to them.

I'd take the striker on every faction given the option; I've taken down Vanguards to 50% or less solo with it simply by using terrain against them and god forbid if they are distracted when I go after them! The only major downsides are the lack of dummy fire (i.e. can't go MAX hunting with it or take out annoying turrets) but for everything else there's no reason not to use a striker as a HA; were as NC or VS both need to have AA around (either MAX or HA's with it). If I play my TR HA I don't have to make a decision if I'll use the striker or not, I will ever single time (and a solo Phonenix/Lancer will not scare anyone were as a striker will). If I go NC or VS I need to think if I should not pull a AA MAX / HA AA set up instead to keep those ESFs at bay who'll happily slaughter us if not; as a TR I simply lock on and launch, if they run away evading I'll be reloaded and restocked long before they come back for a second run on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

50% off good Sniper rifles today for members. Got myself the Parallax VX3.

Surprise Game Update 9 today

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-game-update-09-05-22-2013.127601/

Looking forward to trying the new battle flow on indar and the max abilities

Lockdown appearantly affects Burster (can shave off up to 2s on a 5.5s unload) and I'd guess ZOE might as well. If that's intentional (doubt it based on previous comments from Devs) it will be a fun night tonight for the flyboys *evil grin*.

• Advertisement

Playing on Ceres, been a ridiculous amount of disconnects, anyone else having bother on their server?

Playing on Ceres, been a ridiculous amount of disconnects, anyone else having bother on their server?

Yeah ive had 2 disconnects on miller today, both nearing the end of an alert, very annoying as it booted everyone and ruins the fight

I'm liking the look of the Aegis shield. Only tried it out in VR at the moment, but I can see a lot of wading through killing fields to get enemy in range of a pair of fully automatic shotguns, and it'll provide a whole lot of extra staying power against tanks- Flip it off, fire, flip it back on until you reload, flip it off and fire again...

I'm liking the look of the Aegis shield. Only tried it out in VR at the moment, but I can see a lot of wading through killing fields to get enemy in range of a pair of fully automatic shotguns, and it'll provide a whole lot of extra staying power against tanks- Flip it off, fire, flip it back on until you reload, flip it off and fire again...

Yep it's not bad. Its obviously very situational and you are vulnerable from behind and side attacks, but very useful anti inf with the 6 hour shotgun reload :P

I usually play with three or more other friends. That's all directions covered. NC MAX phalanx turtling ftw :cool:

• Advertisement

I usually play with three or more other friends. That's all directions covered. NC MAX phalanx turtling ftw :cool:
    *Flies in as a LA with C4* :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Where are the majority of the boards TR players on, haven't been onto the game in months and only have a lvl 14 NC on ceres as is.

Varik wrote: »
    Where are the majority of the boards TR players on, haven't been onto the game in months and only have a lvl 14 NC on ceres as is.
    I think we're all over the place to be honest. I know there are (were?) a couple of us on Miller but I've not seen the rest for a while on the VS side; on Miller there's also Sarky but I've never caught him (but I'm sure he's killed me plenty :P ) and a few others on NC (but once again as I don't have a NC alt on Miller I don't know how many).

I still have one slot left to use, though im based on TR on woodman

*Flies in as a LA with C4* :p

Such a horrible tactic. I want you to know I hate you and everything you hold dear.

Then again, I recently unlocked mines for my engineer. I might try deploying to somewhere we're about to lose, mine all the spawn point entrances, and redeploy somewhere else...

You should really consider certing well into flak armor for you're max, I now love to see the little jet pack heroes coming!

Also, on the AT Mines, since GU08, they seem to be just way too big, and a lot of friendly mines get blown due to the fact that you cant tell weather they are friendly or not until you're basically on top of them...

Such a horrible tactic. I want you to know I hate you and everything you hold dear.

Then again, I recently unlocked mines for my engineer. I might try deploying to somewhere we're about to lose, mine all the spawn point entrances, and redeploy somewhere else...
    AI mines in stair cases in spawn tend to generate kill (people can't see them as easily) or 1 AI mine, 1 AT mine, 1 C4 directly around a corner (kills anything inc. MAX with full flak armor :P ).

You should really consider certing well into flak armor for you're max, I now love to see the little jet pack heroes coming!

I'm working my way through it. I only really play "properly" at weekends when I meet up with a group of friends I rarely see IRL, so cert gain isn't massive for me. That and there's a load of other cool stuff I still want, like the Vanguard shield, Flash radar, Reaver/Liberator composite armour... I should probably go get some C4 while I'm at it, all the kids are doing it. Most of my points went on upgrades for my HA guns, I switch between 4 different LMGs and 2 shotguns depending on situation and whim. With a good scope and high velocity ammo the starting LMG can be a pretty good counter-sniping weapon, the night-vision scope is great for spotting people, the red dot is ideal for more close quarters accuracy. I likes my toys, I do. And I've nearly maxed out the nanoweave armour and the mesh armour generator, so he's a bit of a tank by this stage. I very much enjoy giving him a Decimator and AV grenades and sneaking up behind TR tanks...

I do love my MAX with twin Hacksaws though. Amazing at clearing out nests of TR scumbags, with their sodding weapon accuracy and tight cones of fire... Turning the atmosphere of an entire room into 30-40% bullets means you don't need accuracy. ^_^

Got a good try of the Aegis Shield tonight on an Esamir event. My goodness, it's useful even on the first tier. Rockets can still do serious damage, but a Heavy could use up all their LMG ammo and still not kill a MAX from the front now. That's sure to cause some headaches! Liked it so much I went straight back out to earn another 200 certs so I could buy tier 2 :pac:

Those zealot VS MAXes are insane. Zipping about like nobody's business, ridiculous firepower. Do not want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement