Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

not that I know of, seems we're scattered all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Moments I Will Cherish #572:

On the run in a Vanguard from a mosquito raining rockety death down on me, I took a crazy gamble and ramped off a small cliff to try and get enough elevation on the main gun to take a shot. It worked, and I planted an anti-tank shell straight into the bastard's soft pink underside mid-leap. A more glorious and relieving explosion I have never seen. Felt like the tank-flying scene in The A-Team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,271 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just FYI if your playing with a ProsiebenSat account, apprently they got hacked and some account data may be compromised to change your passwords. Only concerns people who arent playing with an SOE account

Funniest moment of last night on woodman for me...
    I play as TR there, my outfit was retaking regent rock from nc, my prowler had been destroyed, so i was running around on foot as an engie, without vehical mines. was running to the bay when a vanguard spawns right in front of me...figuring I was about to be come a stain on the ground, I ran at it, it aims and fires, as i dodge left... and misses... driver starts backing up and aims and fires again... this time i dodge right....missed again... He ends up backing up through the tower, and..... right off the cliff to his doom.....

So there ya go... it is possible to beat a tank on foot without explosives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Anyone else getting constant game crashing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone else getting constant game crashing?
    Yes; I've gone from basically zero crashes to have at least one crash only trying to log in to my server :/

*edit* Reading up on the forum it appears to be the forcing of the PhysX engine that's the root cause for the new crashes so time to turn it off again :(

Nody wrote: »
    Yes; I've gone from basically zero crashes to have at least one crash only trying to log in to my server :/

*edit* Reading up on the forum it appears to be the forcing of the PhysX engine that's the root cause for the new crashes so time to turn it off again :(

Thanks for the info. I'll try turning it off too.

Edit: Yeah, that fixed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Picked up a SMG on Saturday as it's impossible (short of a shotty) to play a Heavy and assault (everyone runs around with a SMG with lower TTK then your normal gun at short range). Not sure if I like them or not (went with the 50 rounds, faster shots vs. the 25 rounds, higher damage version as I tend to spray and pray a lot :P ) yet but as they are across all classes I've loaded it up (front grip, soft ammo, 1x laser zoom etc.).

Also had a look at the new shotties, I can't really see what's the downside with them vs. the "normal" shotty (semi automatic vs. bolt driven or something) as it deals same/more damage, faster reload etc. Only downside I could spot was the 5 vs. 8 clips but that's not the end of the world; has someone tried one out? I'm tempted but I've already gone platinum on the previous shotty and I'm trying to work up my other guns to platinum instead (but the shiny is oh so tempting!).

Also regarding the two new Sundy turrets (Grounder 30 soft point machine gun ammo and 40 with flak ammo); has anyone tried them out? I'm slightly tempted but honestly what kills my Sundy most times is not air but tanks/C4/mines but I was thinking of running one as air defender with a MBT push.

have the ranger (AA) on a prowler, its more of a deterant, it is a skycleaner... but i think thats more fear induced than actual damage. It does make pretty flak explosions when it hits air targets though, which will freak the hell out of most pilots. your less likely to die to rocket spam, but when you get an experienced pilot, it probably will not do much to get rid of them:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

have the ranger (AA) on a prowler, its more of a deterant, it is a skycleaner... but i think thats more fear induced than actual damage. It does make pretty flak explosions when it hits air targets though, which will freak the hell out of most pilots. your less likely to die to rocket spam, but when you get an experienced pilot, it probably will not do much to get rid of them:(

You should be rolling with a Vulcan on a Prowler anyways, the thing is to OP its a Joke.

• Advertisement

Finished off C4 on my Heavy (now got 2 stacks on Medic, LA and Heavy with Engy got both AI and AT mines maxed) and it looks like next will be to drop the MAX cooldown another 60s (400 and 500 certs though :( ) and the final 30s (1k certs) is for lala time :P. Might get dual AI guns as well but I don't really see it as viable (VS simply don't run MAX crash etc. well due to burn people got on the AI guns (the most accurate gun is listed as inaccurate and vice versa)).

Only other thing I've considered is the final pip in the medic group heal but I'm not running into issues with cooldown timer as it is so not sure if it is worth it or the healing in vehicle (I'm usually a foot zerger or on a Flash so not really worth points at this time) and start dropping serious certs into vehicle cooldown timers / upgrades (i.e. that Sundy I pull once in a blue moon etc.) or try to learn to fly (got the rockets to spam ground with :P ).

Wraith Module (Cloaking) for infiltrators using the Flash
    Rumble seat - bring a passenger with you on your flash, they are weapons free in the passenger seat!
    New weapon: Renegade shotgun
    Account level unlocks
    Items you've purchased with StationCash will be available to all characters on your account that are eligible to use that item.
    Common pool items, such as the Zephyr or NS-11 will be available to all characters on your account.
    Empire specific weapons such as the GD-22 and Lasher will be available to all characters of the required faction on your account.
    We are working on a solution for those of you who have purchased the same item on multiple characters.
    VR Training
    A safe test zone where you can try each weapon and vehicle in the game with no resource cost or cooldown timers.
    Target practice areas to learn weapon strengths and weaknesses at range, practice recoil patterns.
    Driving/flying area to practice with vehicles.
    Areas to practice team tactics, such as towers and small outposts.
    No player stats are recorded in VR, so have fun!
    New respawn & map screen
    We've combined the respawn and map screen into one.
    The new map screen has been cleaned up better use space.
    Additional top requested features, such as friendly troop locations will be coming soon, but not with GU04.
    Membership enhancements
    We've increased the number of passive certifications for members and scaled the increase in cert points based on length of membership. The new cert point rates are as follows:

1-mo. member - 24 passive cert points/day
    2-mo. member - 28.8 passive cert points/day
    3-mo. member - 33.6 passive cert points/day
    4-mo. member - 38.4 passive cert points/day
    5-mo. member - 43.2 passive cert points/day
    6-mo. + member - 48 passive cert points/day

Empire specific Rocket Launchers
    VS - Lancer: an extremely precise, super-high-velocity, anti-vehicle energy weapon with a unique charge mechanic, the longer you charge the weapon the more damage it deals.
    TR - Striker: launches a series of mid-damage guided missiles at a single target, the Striker's user must maintain the lock by keeping the enemy in the crosshairs while the missiles are tracking.
    NC - Phoenix: A high damage, slow firing camera guided missile which must be guided by the Phoenix's user. The Phoenix is capable of dealing high damage with very little warning since there is no lock on.
    These weapons will be released in the patch the week following GU04
    Love the new passive (48 certs a day? Yes please!) and the VR will be great. Not so sure I like the return of the Phoenix though; it will be the death of many MAXes if it get any decent range (and the other two don't come even close to that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I used to love that weapon in PS1. Nothing like sniping some camera jockey who didn't have the sense to take cover after the first shot. With the ability to headshot them now, I'm all in favour of those making a comeback.

I'll be curious to see the damage on the TR one though, once you unload a clip into something.

The phoenix has me concerned, though I ill wait to see what the damage is, and what the ranges and turning speeds are, before thinking the worst.

I do love the av turret for engies.... its a great anti liberator weapon.... especially if you miss 2 or 3 times.... those rockets dont run out of fuel...and you can guide 3 or 4 at once and they do turn back for airborne targets.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Is anyone else getting absolutely horrible fps since the latest patch? I'm crashing to 10fps at times, used to be a much more playable 30 at worst.

Zillah wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting absolutely horrible fps since the latest patch? I'm crashing to 10fps at times, used to be a much more playable 30 at worst.

Yeah I was but, not that bad. I was in the mid 20's. And, this is with a GTX 670 with an overclocked 2500K.

Zillah wrote: »

getting massive fps lag spikes, right before a flashing screen glitch, I dont crash from it, and leaving the area with the flashing usually gets rid of it. Aside from that my general fps has increased by 10ish, avg of 80odd in large fights now

Yeah I was but, not that bad. I was in the mid 20's. And, this is with a GTX 670 with an overclocked 2500K.
    I'll need to check and come back as I got a similar set up (but with a 35xx rather then 2500) but Heart of the Swarm has been keeping me busy lately (I'm getting close to the end I think).

I'll need to check and come back as I got a similar set up (but with a 35xx rather then 2500) but Heart of the Swarm has been keeping me busy lately (I'm getting close to the end I think).
    Right; played last night running with the Indar zerg (50+ tanks etc.) and was constantly at 30+ even in the heaviest of engagements (CPU being the limiting factor the whole time) using the latest drivers. There were several other people complaining about FPS issues though in the general chat.

On a separate note two new boosters have appeared; 3 and 6 months 50% exp and resource boost (i.e. same as the one given in the alpha package) but no price is listed. Happy to see I can continue having such a long term boost though to complement the premium membership (I do so love bonus exp!).

I must have missed it in the last patch note but they greatly upped the kill experience of tanks (MBT is 1k exp with 100% bonus) and planes (ESF 800 exp with 100% bonus; Libs 1k etc.); the assist experience how ever is still the same (which is annoying as a Burster).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, double XP weekends and a 50% boost, on a server with a 15-20% population bonus, what could be better? Got together with some old friends I rarely see and we set out to kill a whole load of Prowlers tonight, each one netting at least 1600xp. A few lovely moments hitting Libs with unguided rockets too. Takes out a good 50% of the armour, even if you don't kill it you got a good 350xp. A pair of us got lucky before I logged off and did it simultaneously with a Lib that was destroying everything with impunity. No lock bleep meant he never saw it coming.

I have also decided that the Reaver's Mustang AH is the Best Thing Ever, and I will be maxing that one out. Ridiculous damage all round, if you can get a tank's rear armour you can scythe through them. Never mind a direct hit or two on an enemy fighter. Vehicle-sized shotguns ftw!

Don't know about the OP NC stuff but I've started killing in my Scyhte finally! Took down a Lib this weekend and forced a second Lib to have everyone bail from it (he was kind enough to hover in the air so I got to land 14 rockets in his side :D ) and got two ground kills. Did some dog fighting (lost/they fled/I fled) as well but I'm getting there.

Also stocked up on more consumables (unlocked medipack, medi regen and Heavy AV grenade and maxed them all out). I'm really not overly impressed by the consumable resource requirements to be honest, I've yet to be "out" of the relevant resource at any time when I wanted to pull something (timer yes, resource no) but I'm stocking up to be safe. I've now only got the two medic nades (unlikely to bother with as they are not giving anything I need) and the Infiltrator once (play Infiltrator about once a quarter so unlikely I'll bother once again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Today's patch has made my fps glorious.

A I've yet to be "out" of the relevant resource at any time when I wanted to pull something (timer yes, resource no) but I'm stocking up to be safe. .

Dont you have both the subsciber and alpha squad boosts? I know the account i have both of those on never runs out... the other one however with out those boosts runs out from time to time.

Dont you have both the subsciber and alpha squad boosts? I know the account i have both of those on never runs out... the other one however with out those boosts runs out from time to time.
    Yup; and I bought another 6 month booster for when the Alpha boost runs out (150 days left on it) :P (5k SC may seem expensive but if you only stock up during triple days it gets quite economical to keep on running with it). Fair point though.

There also appear to be a new bug in the game; last night I went and bought a new sniper rifle (got tired of getting killed by my current one) and it shows unlocked in the store how ever I can't actually equip it or spend certs on it as it don't show up on the infiltrator's list of weapons... *edit* Turns out there's a bug in the store and the "sniper rifle" I bought can't be used by an infiltrator (even if it shows as such in the store) and can only be used by Heavy and Engy... Oh well they offered a refund which I took.

This is a great video on how to use the second seat on the flash; I love the ideas they are giving and now only needs to find some suitable suicidal candidate to try them with!

The cross server sharing of SC bought items are now in (finally); still waiting on the empire specific launchers though :(

Tried the VS Lance; seriously not impressed. Even charged up to level 3 it does sod all damage (only good thing is that it goes straight with out an arc); the NC Phoenix on the other hand, omfg... I just had to buy one for my BR4 guy because they are so much fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Tried the VS Lance; seriously not impressed. Even charged up to level 3 it does sod all damage (only good thing is that it goes straight with out an arc); the NC Phoenix on the other hand, omfg... I just had to buy one for my BR4 guy because they are so much fun...

Its complete ****e, TR got the OP weapon yet again.

They are Hotfixing the Lancer sometime today, so imagen its going to be slightly less ****.

• Advertisement

PhysX is working again. No more crashing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YVE_tcio5jE

Advertisement