Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

it still crashes on cont change from time to time, turned it off for less headaches last night.

Its complete ****e, TR got the OP weapon yet again.

They are Hotfixing the Lancer sometime today, so imagen its going to be slightly less ****.

The other side is alway op, the striker rockets are easy to deal with... flares and ir smoke will break locks... and it cant befired with out a lock

after being on the receiving end of the lancer all night, last night I can safely say 1 is irritating as hell, for sundies, tanks and libs, 2 or 3 for libs are a nightmare, phoenix on the other hand while annoying is well balanced... as those rockets can be shot down...also the amount of people using em on woodman makes a field day for libs and esf's....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The other side is alway op, the striker rockets are easy to deal with... flares and ir smoke will break locks... and it cant befired with out a lock

after being on the receiving end of the lancer all night, last night I can safely say 1 is irritating as hell, for sundies, tanks and libs, 2 or 3 for libs are a nightmare, phoenix on the other hand while annoying is well balanced... as those rockets can be shot down...also the amount of people using em on woodman makes a field day for libs and esf's....

Yeah Phoenix are going to get the nerf bat, i was trialing it last night, im surprised NC do any advancing at all with the amount of people sat in cover using the things.

Was using my lancer last night shooting a Prowler and the guy got out and starting repairing, there was nothing i could do, he could repair faster than i could damage.

Yeah Phoenix are going to get the nerf bat, i was trialing it last night, im surprised NC do any advancing at all with the amount of people sat in cover using the things.

Was using my lancer last night shooting a Prowler and the guy got out and starting repairing, there was nothing i could do, he could repair faster than i could damage.

I actually don't see why the phoenix needs a nerf, the damage they do is acceptable for the weakness's that they have, and I'm not saying that after by 40 kill streak the other night from strafing runs on nc cover :D . Unfortunatly nc phoenix teams were saved by vs lancer squad :(

The lancer is not a solo weapon, it is however extremely lethal in coordinated groups.

[edit = I play as all 3 factions, and i can say playing as nc or vs, that the striker is annoying as hell if i cant manage to break the lock on before it fires, shaking the missiles after they've been launched is hard, compared to regular AA. I have used the other 2 weapons in coordinated fireteams mostly, they are very nasty in groups... the phoenix less so, flak based weapons will destroy them

double station cash and double xp weekend this weekend :D

https://www.planetside2.com/news/springcelebration2013

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw for those not aware here's a full sheet with all guns data, rof etc.

On a separate note I hate double exp weekends (the amount of morons coming out is very depressing :( ).

Nody wrote: »
    Btw for those not aware here's a full sheet with all guns data, rof etc.

On a separate note I hate double exp weekends (the amount of morons coming out is very depressing :( ).

True.... but they make for great cannon fodder/easy kills

[edit] I take that back... the amount of hackers this weekend has been nuts, spent most of the weekend dodging a particular nc outfit on woodman, whos members often run through walls, fly and rarely miss.... until CSR's show up, then either log off or couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

For example, my mossie was shot down by a burster max from this outfit, that i flew past... that's not so strange to believe. Except for the fact that, the max was 250 meters off the ground in mid air.

Not saying it was just nc at it..I've got vid footage of tr squad mates running through the scu shields... said squad mates were usually gunned down by my outfit members in squad before being reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finally got to have a go of the Phoenix earlier. Yes, that'll do. No more poxy TR tanks thinking they're safe behind a rock.

some nice upcoming things comming in GU06 - > GU06 info and feature update

The extra character slots for members is nice too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

some nice upcoming things comming in GU06 - > GU06 info and feature update

The extra character slots for members is nice too.
    Do people really need six slots though? I got all 3 used (three sides on 3 servers; two being farmed purely for passive certs for a future merge/side switch) but getting another 3 seems, well, wasted to be honest.

Do like the and fear the idea of alerts though; playing on VS we're usually lowest pop at any time and fill one continent on prime and run at less then half the rest of the other two sides on the other continent. Now if we need to start rushing around trying to beat the other sides in the off hours when each solder means that much more... Well lets only say I think this will not go well for VS.

The ribbons will also be a pain; you really have to do the five a day (daily quest style) at least (2.5k exp equals 2.5 bases) and it will likely end up being non standard stuff (i.e. sneak into enemy base and hack X turrets and blow gens) to speed it up rather the fighting it out (to chancy unless they are a straight forward kill X infantry style) but we'll see.

Also I'm very curious to see how the shotty nerf will look like (sorry "re-balance"). I love my shotty but sweet mother of brell is it OP with slugs in it (I even gone and put on a 4x zoom for shooting down guys at 50+m out) and that's not even a pump shotty (which is even worse).

• Advertisement

wasnt expecting this when I got home today, gu06 has already been pushed live

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-maintenance-gu6-04-03-2013.111845/

looks like shot guns took a beating

Noes! My favorite way of taking that damn hill single-handedly!

I suppose I'll have to get used to the Blitz SMG, which is pretty damn sweet to be fair, but still, <3 shotties :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......
    Tank Mines Will no longer arm if thrown on top of a vehicle.
    Now I need to buy C4 on my Engy to take out a Sundy (I know I could AV turret it down but that will take to long and alert the guys spawning there) :(
    Going to be curious to see how the shotties will now play out in practice.

Failing that, play as heavy with 2 c4 and an anti-vehical grenade. Seems to work to well on my sundies :(

Failing that, play as heavy with 2 c4 and an anti-vehical grenade. Seems to work to well on my sundies :(
    Well I got dual C4 on my LA, Medic and HA but I did not get it on my Engy because of unlocking the AV mines instead. The annoying thing is I have to go with HA now as more and more sundies run the extra armor plating (stops 2 C4 from making it burn down while you kill anyone trying to repair it) OR get C4 on my Engy and unlock the additional carry capacity for 3+ C4s (which means I can't run around in my anti explosion armor which I prefer).

Heavy assault, 2 C4, an AV grenade or two, and a Decimator. Nothing will survive that. All you need is a friend or two to support you as you get back out, because taking out a pair of heavy tanks or a sundie seems to make lots of people unreasonably angry...

I'm finding the new ns LMG to be a smg user killer, been mowing down inf's and scouts that would have caused me no end of grief before, with it, It is pretty crap at anything over medium ranges though, even with single shot bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

I play it from time to time - I hope Defiance will have similar climate, because I'm planning to buy it.

I've seen a couple of BR100s now (how the heck did they get that far even with rocket spamming?!); has anyone seen someone who's higher then BR100? I'm happy enough with my BR53 which has taken quite a while to get to (and I'm running out of things to get, my Sundy needs some cooldown timers but after that I'll be looking at 1k certs to pick :( ).

BR 100 is the cap, and they've been around for over a month now... I belive the way to do it is with 2 things.... or more a lack of 2 things... a life and a job

• Advertisement

I do sometimes wonder how players that reached BR100 by this stage look at themselves in the mirror. I mean Jesus...

Anyway, that's Nanoweave 4 unlocked for me. Should give me a few more almost-died situations instead of all those almost-got-him ones I have...

You need Nanoweave 5 to stop a second bullet though (NW1 adds 1 bullet, NW 5 adds a second). Personally I'm running flak armor 4 on all my guys now and it's a great help against mines (shield and some health damage), grenades, rocket spammers etc.

Never had all that much trouble with explosives while on foot, tbh. Mostly I charge into the meat grinder with my Heavy, or take out small flanking groups that are harassing the main force I'm tagging along with. Great fun jumping out and surprising 2-3 snipers with a grinning skull mask and automatic shotgun. Between the nanoweave and the glowy mesh armour, I usually survive, so I'm working at building on those when I can.

I tend to play a Medic so 'nades going off around me (and seeing 4 people go down around you as you stand there grinning ressing them up for the third time for 150 exp), mines (charging into spawns), reparing sundies (extra armor 3 makes ESFs cry as they try to kill it but you take tons of splash while repairing) and general HEAT muppetry (I hate you Prowlers) makes me prefer it honestly. I've found that if I'm down to my health bar I'm either right about to die anyway or have already killed the enemy (so low ttk on health) :)

Actually now that I think about it, I reckon most of my deaths from explosions have been from my own team.

Also, yes. F*ck Prowlers. F*ck them right in their big stupid double-barreled faces. Well, more the rear armour, way more damage that way.

Sarky wrote: »
    Actually now that I think about it, I reckon most of my deaths from explosions have been from my own team.

Also, yes. F*ck Prowlers. F*ck them right in their big stupid double-barreled faces. Well, more the rear armour, way more damage that way.

I love my prowler, took out a small squad of tanks last night, 2 lightnings and 2 vanguards, using its biggest advantage, its speed. I just drove in circles around the 4 tanks that just sat there and let me annihilate their rear armor... :D

I love my prowler, took out a small squad of tanks last night, 2 lightnings and 2 vanguards, using its biggest advantage, its speed. I just drove in circles around the 4 tanks that just sat there and let me annihilate their rear armor... :D
    Tank on tank is not the issue; HEAT shell, locked down, Ammo AMSed shoting the underside of buildings/walls for splash damage is the issue...

I don't mind losing to a tank in the open (well I do but that's a gamble I'm taking by trying to C4 their ass which I expect to lose) but when they play Reaver Rocket spammer who never frigging go away out of reach to be shot I'm starting to have issues. At least ESFs can be countered by a MAX (full flak armor and you take the full load and laugh at the ESF as you kill it; if you get lucky he'll try to ram you as well so you can kill him even easier) who needs to move around.

I take a great deal of pleasure in sneakily one-shotting ESFs with an unguided launcher or the Phoenix. It's so nice of them to expertly hover in one place watching a doorway for easy pickings with their evil rocket-spamming, they never even consider the possibility that a rocket designed to take down tanks three times bigger than them might be flying straight into their soft underbellies...

Sarky wrote: »
    I take a great deal of pleasure in sneakily one-shotting ESFs with an unguided launcher or the Phoenix. It's so nice of them to expertly hover in one place watching a doorway for easy pickings with their evil rocket-spamming, they never even consider the possibility that a rocket designed to take down tanks three times bigger than them might be flying straight into their soft underbellies...

I prefer the striker for that especially when there's lots of them in the air, people running into each other to get away from locks, is always ammusing

• Advertisement

Well we don't all want to be obedient little cogs in the mindless imperialistic TR machine so we can't all use a Striker :pac:

Advertisement