Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Gaunty wrote: »
    I am now a VS soldier on miller server. Seem to be getting our arses kicked most of the time by zergs but i like being the underdog. :)

Get used to being the underdog because ZOE nerf is incoming and its a harsh one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Sorry for being a nub but what is ZOE and how does it affect my underdog status in the future then?

Its the VS Max special ability.

A lot of people think its over powered, but im not one of them. So SOE have decided to nerf it into the ground.

And with this the 4th faction groups who go from faction to faction will abandon VS again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

4th faction is sitting comfortable with TR on Miller anyway so no change for us :P (we even got "normal" TR who're creating alts on NC/VS to get more/better fights).

Nody wrote: »
    4th faction is sitting comfortable with TR on Miller anyway so no change for us :P (we even got "normal" TR who're creating alts on NC/VS to get more/better fights).

Im VS on Ceres, we got a NC problem atm. Saying that though its more of a North Indar gate problem unless its VS who holds it.

SOE needs to remove the ability to have Alts on the same server.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Im VS on Ceres, we got a NC problem atm. Saying that though its more of a North Indar gate problem unless its VS who holds it.
    They need to remove the straight line for the bottom two gates on all maps; on Indar with the grid there's no excuse why they should end up fighting so quickly vs. north gate now that they can control in what order you go after the bases.
    SOE needs to remove the ability to have Alts on the same server.
    That would only increase the imbalances imo as someone will create an alt on new server; check which side is strongest and create their character there. Now how ever we can at least get a trickle back from those seeking a fight rather then a zerg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Vanu's population on woodman is getting out of control, I've seen it spike globally to 74% during prime time. On the brightside it does make for a target rich enviroment for everyone else.

And this was 10 oclock last night

mq0x.jpg

Well lets say there's a reason why all VS on Miller expects Woodman to be our future merged server (it's a reverse in population basically between the two).

SoE posted their planned vehicle changes; basically it's put all ground vehicles, MAXes etc. over a barrel and shove the newly nerfed shotgun up their behind and fire while the planes get free card to wreck havoc.
    The below are the major weapon and vehicle changes planned for GU011.

Vehicle and MAX Resource Costs

The majority of vehicles and the MAX units will be getting a resource cost increase with this update. The new values are based on data that we have collected from the Live servers, and our goal is to even out the resource costs with their related income rates.
    New Costs:
    Flash: 150
    Sunderer: 400
    Lightning: 400
    Magrider: 450
    Vanguard: 450
    Prowler: 450
    Scythe: 250
    Reaver: 250
    Mosquito: 250

Liberator: 350
    Galaxy: 350
    Harasser: 400
    MAX: 350

MAX Abilities

The Burster buffs when using the VS ZOE and TR Lockdown abilities will be reduced.
    The damage received when the VS ZOE ability is active will be getting increased.
    Note: The timer currently on the test server for the ZOE ability is not planned to go live.

Shotguns

All shotguns will be getting a small reduction in damage per pellet. The goal with this change is to reduce slop while keeping the effective kill ranges of the shotguns the same. So glancing hits and spamming without aiming will not be as rewarding, but well-aimed shots should just be as effective as before.
    The default ammo count on the pump-action shotguns will be dropping from 5 to 4 rounds. This brings their potential kills per magazine and kills over time more in line with the other weapon classes.

Faction Heavy Weapons

All faction weapons will be getting a pass to make them more effective at their various roles.
    Jackhammer: The ammunition capacity of this weapon is being increased to 9 rounds. Also, the burst mode will be gaining a rate of fire increase.
    MCG: The fire delay is being removed. Instead, the weapon will fire immediately and the rate of fire will ramp up over time. The hip accuracy is being adjusted to better allow sustained fire.
    Lasher: This weapon will receive a rate of fire increase and a slight damage buff, which should allow it to be viable in more situations. Also, ally players will no longer take the full AOE damage.

IRNV Scopes

We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.

Flak

Bursters will be getting an accuracy penalty when moving and COF bloom is being added over sustained fire. The goal with this change is keep them just as effective at near range while dropping their effectiveness at extreme ranges (300+ meters).
    Skyguards will be getting a projectile speed increase and other stat changes to make them better at range.

Vulcan

The Vulcan has been updated to be more effective at range and now has a larger clip size.
    In addition, it has been given a spin up time. The Vulcan still fires during the spin up time, but at a reduced rate.

Sunderer Deployment

Facilities and Outposts on Indar and Amerish now have Sunderer No Deploy Zones. These function just the like No Deploy Radius around allied deployed Sunderers. These zones prevent you from parking your Sunderer right on top of the capture points. You’ll have to fight to the capture points on foot.

Edit: Forgot one. Edit 2: Spelling
    Underbarrel Attachments

These have been removed from the weapon selection list and are now mapped to the primary weapon key. Press 1 to swap between the weapon and its attachment.

Yeah GU11 update aka "The run Forest run" update, because that's all your going to be doing.

And its going to be awesome when the sky is darkened with lolpodding ESF again and nobody being able to afford to kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

**** that shotgun nerf, wont be playing till they bring it back in proper order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Striker needs to be nerfed, a lock on with 5 shots means that smoke means nothing to it.

Varik wrote: »
    Striker needs to be nerfed, a lock on with 5 shots means that smoke means nothing to it.
    I honestly can only agree; we had 3 platoons camping over Xeno camp today. Nothing could remove them since between the Fracture MAXes making sure nothing stood on the ground, the medics/Engi to keep everything running and the 10+ strikers shooting at anything in the sky you could not get there even with flares out...

Nody wrote: »
    I honestly can only agree; we had 3 platoons camping over Xeno camp today. Nothing could remove them since between the Fracture MAXes making sure nothing stood on the ground, the medics/Engi to keep everything running and the 10+ strikers shooting at anything in the sky you could not get there even with flares out...

or you get your flares off and they've still 4 more shots to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

NC Max got a real kick in the balls with that GU, can only hope they revise some of the numbers before launch, or else, have the Max shotty's not affected by nerf.

It's funny with their stated goal of "vehicles in between bases; infantry inside" how they are making anything but ESF dubious to use (Sundies will still be pulled, I'm sure the odd MBT/Lightening for AA duty etc. but I don't expect to see significant numbers outside the one zerg/tank platoon) ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

or you get your flares off and they've still 4 more shots to go.

If you sit still after popping smoke or flares while more than 1 rocket is in the air, that wont do thing, the following rockets will go to wherever the target lock was lost.

Getting tired of idiots not moving away from generators or shields when overloaded and people seeing a turret firing and still walking in front of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Eh, they'll learn. Or die. Either way.

Had a good old scrap on Amerish tonight. Only 5-7% VS, but NV and TR were evenly matched for most of it. Those new alerts to claim biolabs and tech plants are a nice change from everyone piling on to one map and screwing everyone over with lag at the hotspots. Myself a 3 friends took and held some good points for ages, a medic, 2 engis and me alternating HA/MAX. With the shield out I am the most popular person in the squad, mobile cover for snipers and mine layers, essentially immune to anything but rockets. :)

Sarky wrote: »
    Eh, they'll learn. Or die. Either way.

Which is the problem, they die I get a timeout.

Yesterday when 2 lads from my outfit got themselves killed by my stationary parked and empty tank I thought is was rather funny but after today I have lost it.

The amount of weapon locks I got today.

1: skyguard stationary behind some rocks, sundy comes and rams me over part of my squad.

2: The 2 idiots who got killed by the overload I set.

3: The prat who who walked in front of eng turret and died instantly so I assume he was already hurt as I stopped as soon as he got hit, and then him again after he came after me and he ended up on the losing side of that fight. Also he may have purposely gone after someone in my outfit later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

3: The prat who who walked in front of eng turret and died instantly so I assume he was already hurt as I stopped as soon as he got hit, and then him again after he came after me and he ended up on the losing side of that fight. Also he may have purposely gone after someone in my outfit later.

I can understand going after someone who deliberately team-killed you, though I don't do it myself*, but going after someone who killed you in the middle of a firefight by mistake or through some freak occurrence? Nah. That's just being a child. Get over it and move on. If you spent that time killing enemies, your KD would be just as good, if that's what worries them.

*Unless it's members of my outfit and we're doing it for the craic.

GU11 is out, 417MB. Just went on there and wish I'd started it earlier. Wish steam worked with the EU version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got a bit of a hankering for a new FPS and am quite strapped for cash at the moment so I thought I might give this a go.

Dont know two much about it but was wondering if anyone could give me the lay of the land etc. Many people playing it? Any recommendations on how to start out? Thanks

New to this whole MMOFPS thing

Miller - VS side (we are teh bestest! Seriously though; got some great corps and open squads). You're dropped in the middle of things at the start but you got lots of really good videos on youtube to give you a bit lay of the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Must say I'm really loving this game. Though since the last patch has anyone else started to experience a lot of lag? Or is it just me :(

Any other VS on woodman ?

Only issue I have since 2 patches is that my right click button and hold (i.e. repairing, sniping, zooming in etc.) for some reason acts as if I click it multiple times instead but beyond that no real issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Downloaded and looked up some videos on how it all starts out. Looks like they drop you into the action straight away. Seems like I have a good idea on how it all works. Not sure which faction to go for. What do most people on here go for?
    Any specific server?

Downloaded and looked up some videos on how it all starts out. Looks like they drop you into the action straight away. Seems like I have a good idea on how it all works. Not sure which faction to go for. What do most people on here go for?
    Any specific server?
    I think Miller is the recommended server since a week now by SoE; we got a ton of new players on all factions so it's a good time to join in on the fun as there are open squads on all sides to get people up to speed and recruited.

As for side it's down to personal bias; NC - Heavy hitting, short range, TR - Spamming, large mags, VS - Lazors, mobility

No matter what side you go for though first thing you should buy is 1 point of Nano weave for any class you pay (1 cert only, don't go higher) and a scope for the gun (personal preference but they are all 30 certs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I'm VS on Miller kearneybobs. If ya happen to see someone by the name of Gaunteh. Thats me. :)

I prefer VS as we're usually outnumbered which means we get some good fights instead of going around capping zones with no resistance which is terribly boring!

• Advertisement

I'm also on Miller (VS) as NodyVS (main and spend most time on), you can also find my alts (Nody (TR Woodman), NodyTR (Miller), NodyNC (Cobalt), Nodys (VS Cobalt) if lucky but I don't really spend any significant time on them (I mainly use them when I want to try the other side's weapons).

Advertisement