Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

What do people think of the player generated missions coming around august? Wonder who will be able to start them.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/27/planetside-2-to-include-user-generated-missions-from-august/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

So no Vanu in Battle Islands?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So no Vanu in Battle Islands?
    We're to sneaky for that, remember:

Nody wrote: »
    We're to sneaky for that, remember:

Ive seen some of the promos for the China servers, if you think our population imbalance is bad, over their will be a complete zerg fest. Vanu have no promo time what so ever, they arnt even featured on the advertising board. Its NC all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I cant seem to get a stable frame rate at all. The game looks great if I'm on my own but once I get into the action, it turns into a slide show. Completely unplayable. Even on the lowest settings the game uses over 95% of my system RAM (total 4GB). After 3 hours of messing with it and trying to play I had to give up on it. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've the same problem, prior to the current patch the game played great.
    But since GU11 its turned into a laggy mess for me, looking at the forums we're not alone in this.
    Hopefully they'll sort it out in the next patch (due this week?).

I liked what I saw but if it was going to be like that all the time for me then I dont have the patience for me. I uninstalled it last night but am redownloading it now to see if it improves with another patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Must say I'm really loving this game. Though since the last patch has anyone else started to experience a lot of lag? Or is it just me :(

Any other VS on woodman ?

Guess i'll just have to gun you down for your sins :P

TR on woodman (Revenari)

Have noticed wierd disconnects for inactivity while flying, even in the middle of dogfights, its been getting annoying. Most notable on easmir, happens less on other conts

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/current-esf-update-plans.138396/

"The following is a list of upcoming changes for ESF (Empire Specific Fighter) update.

Please remember everything listed here is just the current plan and everything is subject to change. Also note that some components may be split up into other updates, so they may not all be added at once.

Lock-On Adjustments

We are making some adjustments to anti-air based lock-on weapons with the goal of making lock-on weapons less frustrating and more interesting for both those using them and those on the receiving end.

Mechanics Changes:
    All anti-air lock on weapons will become maintained on lock. The shooter must keep the target locked for the duration.
    The closer a lock-on target is, the faster it will acquire a lock.
    Lock-on missiles will travel faster
    Lock-on missile lifespan will be reduced to around 5 seconds (down from 8 or 10 seconds depending on the weapon)

The above changes are intended to create a more interesting risk vs reward dynamic for lock-on missiles. For example, at point blank range, the weapon may lock on instantly and the projectile be too fast to dodge, while at 300 meters it may take 2.5 seconds + maintaining the lock.

The shorter life span is also intended to remove some of the extra frustration when attempting to dodge a missile only to have it hit you seven seconds later.

Feedback Changes:

The following list are changes we are considering. Some may become standard UI feedback, some may get rolled into certifications:
    Players who lock-on to you and fire, will be spotted for you
    The lock-on display will show a number indicating how many different sources are locking on to you
    The lock-on display will indicate what type of weapon is locking/locked-on
    Missiles that are locked-on to you will display on the mini-map
    Lock-on indicator will display in third person camera

Other Changes:
    We are fixing some lock-on missile bugs and making improvements for lock-on missiles being represented more accurately to remote clients.
    Flares: Based on how the above changes work, flares may be adjusted.
    The bug with stealth certifications not always granting the lock-on reduction buff will be fixed

Experience Changes

Players will be awarded kills and assists for players that suicide or log out.
    The kill will be awarded to the player who last inflicted damage, whether that damage was done to their vehicle or to the player themselves.

New ESF Weapons

Reminder, all the below weapons are works in progress and subject to change.
    The weapons below are designed to be air combat options for the secondary (wing mounted) slots. They are intended to supplement the nose cannons.

NS-50 Mass Drivers

Current Description: "Mass Drivers are capable of launching two 50mm rounds accurately and at a high speed. The Mass Driver must reload after each shot."

The intent of the mass driver is to create a long range air to air weapon. Although a single shot is high damage, by itself its damage over time is low compared to a nose cannon. It will have limited usefulness against ground targets.

Coyote Missiles

Current Description: "Coyote Missiles are compact, short range missiles that lock-on to enemy aircraft and inflict light damage. Coyote Missiles can lock-on to targets quickly, but have a short lock-on range and lose established locks quickly."

Coyote Missiles cannot damage as quickly as a nose cannon as it takes several seconds to unload a full volley of missiles.

Locust Cannons

Current Description: "Locust cannons are high velocity machine guns that boast a high bullet spread and increased magazine size, allowing it to engage targets with less accuracy but still score hits. The fire rate ramps up for a short period when it begins firing."

The Locust inflicts comparable damage to a nose cannon and can sustain fire for a longer period. The spin up time is intended to limit its usefulness in a high speed dogfight.

External Fuel Tank Certification Line

We want to make the fuel tanks a more competitive option for the wing mount slot. A certification line is being added that increases the top speed of the vehicle. This stacks with the high speed racer chassis.

Existing Balance Changes

A tuning pass is being done on the default and rotary nose cannons.

Default Cannons
    Normalizing Cone of Fire to be the same across each empire
    TTK (against other ESFs) between the empires has been brought closer together
    Clip Sizes have increased to allow for longer sustained fire
    Fall off damage has been added starting at 200 meters

Rotary Cannons
    All Rotaries, regardless of empire, can now kill an ESF in a single clip without having to get magazine size upgrades
    TTK (against other ESFs) between the empires has been brought closer together
    Fall off damage was added starting at 150 meters

On top of that, we are adjusting the empire distinctions.
    Scythe weapons used to just be in between the Reaver and Mosquito weapons and have a slower projectile. Instead, they will have the quickest projectile (instead of slowest) and will reload faster.
    Reaver weapons retain a higher damage and faster TTK. They also suffer less from the added fall off damage.
    Mosquito weapons retain the quickest fire rate but also receive a larger clip size increase for longer sustained fire/fewer reloads.

Stealth Certifications

We are planning, for all vehicles, to adjust each rank of stealth so that the final rank removes you from the mini-map while the previous ranks lower the range.
    We’re also fixing the bug where stealth would not always slow lock-on times.
    Lowering the engine audio is still planned, but not as part of the ESF update.

Fire Suppression Certifications

We are planning, for all vehicles, to adjust fire suppression so that when activated it will apply a small heal over time for the vehicle. This works at anytime and not just when critically damaged. When activated while in critical damage, it will now set your health to above critical, instead of adding a flat amount to your current health pool

Galaxy Repair & Ammo Supply Certifications

We are considering Galaxy repair and ammo supply certifications. Giving ESFs and Liberators more locations to re-arm from and more objectives to attack/defend in the sky."

Some very interesting changes in there. Out of everything the galaxy stuff peaked my interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I cant seem to get a stable frame rate at all. The game looks great if I'm on my own but once I get into the action, it turns into a slide show. Completely unplayable. Even on the lowest settings the game uses over 95% of my system RAM (total 4GB). After 3 hours of messing with it and trying to play I had to give up on it. Oh well.

PS2 is a demanding gaming, what are the specs of your PC?

As wierd as this sounds, try upping your graphic settings to medium... (takes alot of the pressure off your cpu and dumps it on the graphics card)

This has worked for alot of my outfit mates, and has given between 10-40 extra fps in fights

PS2 is a demanding gaming, what are the specs of your PC?

It's my trusty old XPS 630i
    Q6600 OC'd to 3.0GHz
    4gig of RAM
    Nvidia GTX 660
    All running at 1440x900

The CPU and the RAM aren't the newest but I can play Metro Last Light on the highest settings possible for me, Bioshock Infinite maxed too as well as BF3 all the way up. The game runs like butter when I'm on my own or away at a distance but once I get into the action it turns into a bit of a slide show. I've noticed that it tends to use almost all of my RAM when the action gets thick and messy but even dropping the settings down to the lowest possible doesn't seem to make a difference.
    As weird as this sounds, try upping your graphic settings to medium... (takes alot of the pressure off your cpu and dumps it on the graphics card)

This has worked for alot of my outfit mates, and has given between 10-40 extra fps in fights
    I'll give that a try in a while and see if that sorts itself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Double xp for the next few days and 40% off station cash. Perfect time for a bit of grinding to finally get those blueshifts for the MAX. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well patch has come and gone, but the game is still unplayable since gu11.
    You'd be forgiven for thinking they're more interested in creating more eye-candy and tat to sell than actually addressing the issues with the game.

The CPU and the RAM aren't the newest but I can play Metro Last Light on the highest settings possible for me, Bioshock Infinite maxed too as well as BF3 all the way up. The game runs like butter when I'm on my own or away at a distance but once I get into the action it turns into a bit of a slide show.

Those games are just graphic intensive, all pretty colours with nothing but scripted events. Planetside is a cpu hog with with hundreds of players in the same area. it's the most demanding pc game by far for combined graphics/cpu/ram usage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well GU12 is due out this week so lets cross our fingers for you that it will fix it.

Also how did people do this double exp weekend? Personally I went crazy and grinded from BR72 to BR 76 and saved up 5k certs for the new patch (waiting for that ESF rebalance to hit which I expect will need quite a few) and dumped about 2k certs into my AA lightening (still need another 3k to max out the stuff I need to turn it into a proper AA hunting machine).

I have my Lightening maxed out.

Cant go wrong with Racer 3, Nanite 5 and Smoke.

Well GU12 is due out this week so lets cross our fingers for you that it will fix it.

Also how did people do this double exp weekend? Personally I went crazy and grinded from BR72 to BR 76 and saved up 5k certs for the new patch (waiting for that ESF rebalance to hit which I expect will need quite a few) and dumped about 2k certs into my AA lightening (still need another 3k to max out the stuff I need to turn it into a proper AA hunting machine).

I was planning on going mental but then real life caught me. Friends 30th and 2 work shifts at night over the weekend. But i managed to get roughly 2k certs which has allowed me to get a blueshift for my MAX and improve the utilities of all classes and unlock a better secondary for my magrider. Still have around 400 certs left. But i'm disappointed i couldn't play more cos who knows when the next double xp weekend will be!

On a different note, i was loving the activity on Miller server over the weekend. All three continents were full of activity and good fights. Hopefully it will continue.

Grats on getting so many certs for yourself though. :)

My wife was about to kill me for it though :(

Anyway; Miller had a brief queue for logging in on Thursday evening (that's a first!) and both VS and TR (don't know about NC) had triple continent queue (i.e. people logged into VR instead of a continent) with TR having it for longer (which is no real suprise considering the state of the game and the server population before).

• Advertisement

Just joined DIG today to get a feel for outfits in the game. Lets see how this goes. Seems to be a lot of bad feedback on forums about them.

Gaunty wrote: »
    Just joined DIG today to get a feel for outfits in the game. Lets see how this goes. Seems to be a lot of bad feedback on forums about them.
    Well last time I checked DIG had over 4k members inviting anyone and everyone. If there ever was a definition of zerg it was DIG where as the smaller outfits (inc. the one I'm in) may not be able to field a full platoons alone every night but we're good at making an impact and got the Vanu Accord to coordinate between multiple outfits of who takes what (so we may defend the access road, another outfit takes the base and a third one provides distraction at another base).

I'm in ISK, looking for new recruits, not that hardcore but our members are above average, most of us are planetside 1 vets, we have a full squad or 2 every night

Well last time I checked DIG had over 4k members inviting anyone and everyone. If there ever was a definition of zerg it was DIG where as the smaller outfits (inc. the one I'm in) may not be able to field a full platoons alone every night but we're good at making an impact and got the Vanu Accord to coordinate between multiple outfits of who takes what (so we may defend the access road, another outfit takes the base and a third one provides distraction at another base).

Well thats the sort of tactical gameplay i'm after. I don't like running around in a zerg trying to do everything at once. But DIG have gone from 4k to just under 500 members after introducing new rules and guidelines for the outfit i'm told. They were the first and only ones to offer me a spot in an outfit so said i'd give it a shot but if it is just more zerging i won't be long about leaving to be honest.

KilOit wrote: »
    I'm in ISK, looking for new recruits, not that hardcore but our members are above average, most of us are planetside 1 vets, we have a full squad or 2 every night

Heard good things about ISK on the Planetside Universe forums. Seems to be one of the few outfits respected by TR and NC on the Vanu side.

Gaunty wrote: »
    Heard good things about ISK on the Planetside Universe forums. Seems to be one of the few outfits respected by TR and NC on the Vanu side.
    ISK are good; no question about it but I currently prefer a bit more laid back TS after/before ops from what I've heard (I'm in Vanu Corp and we got a few ex ISK members; I ended up in VC simply because they advertised themselves as infantry based outfit which is still mainly true). Having said that with moving UBAD to their own channel things have gone a lot more silent during ops (btw if you look up the user Stanis on PS Universe you've found VC's outfit leader) :P

GU12 is out and it's the most boring patch to date:
    All servers will come down for maintenance at 6:00 AM PDT (3:00 PM CEST) for game update 12. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 2 hours. Players may note the following changes:

GU12 Patch Notes

General Game Updates
    Extended Interactive Tutorial
    Added a new outdoor area to the interactive tutorial which starts after the respawn training. This new area has the following additional training topics:

Destroying vehicles (tanks)
    AV Turrets
    Jump pads
    Ground vehicle driving
    Vehicle ammo tower
    Gate shield
    Generator overloading

Added an energy shield that blocks access to the teleporter until the player completes the shooting segment.
    Alert Frequency Changes
    We’ve increased the time between alerts across the board and made further refinements to the population requirements that govern alert launches.
    Recommended Server Chanages
    Recommended servers are now provided for each faction instead of having one set of suggested servers for all new players.

New in the Depot
    More Loadouts
    Three new loadout tabs are unlocked for each class and vehicle as part of Membership

The member custom loadouts will immediately be unlocked for any current subscribers, and will unlock right away upon membership purchase for any new subscribers
    The member custom loadouts will lock again if the player loses membership – however, the loadout configurations are saved, so if the player renews membership, all previously configured loadout information should be maintained

Four additional loadout tabs can be unlocked for all classes and vehicles via purchases in the Depot under the Utilities category

Gold Trim for Main Battle Tanks
    Available in the Early Access category of the Depot.
    Bumpers for Flash

Equippable in the new Trim Slot
    Gold versions available in the Early Access Category

Infantry Updates
    Improved Damage Feedback
    Improved feedback when getting hit by enemy projectiles.
    Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused certain corpses to not receive revive attempts
    Fixed some issues with the drop pod deploy radius not always behaving as intended
    Popping in and out of ADS while firing should no longer stop the player model from playing recoil animations in 3rd person

Vehicle Updates
    Fury Changes

Direct hit damage decreased from 750 to 300
    Resist type for the weapon has improved against vehicles, which partially mitigates this decrease in direct hit damage
    Time to reload increased from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds

Bail Out FX
    When a soldier “safe” ejects out of a vehicle, they will now play Bail FX around them. Safe eject is any eject where they are not intended to take fall damage: Galaxies, ESF’s w/ejection seat, Liberator w/ejection seat.
    Bug Fixes

Sunderer decals now can extend to the hood of the vehicle
    Fixed the missing startup audio for both Vulcan variants

UI Updates
    Platoon Interface Improvements

Added an icon to the platoon leader
    Added ability to see detailed squad information while in a platoon by clicking the panel for each squad in the platoon management screen

Point Capture Feedback
    Added a text call out when players are in range of a capture point, but are unable to capture it due to:

Not having appropriate territory adjacency/lattice connection
    Use of a MAX suit
    Being inside a vehicle

Improved Vehicle Damage Feedback

Updated the directional damage arcs that display when you get hit
    The intensity of the arcs are dependent on the normalized damage being received

HUD Element for SCU Vulnerability
    Added a new element to the facility status panel to communicate the state of the SCU.

Secure: SCU is active and the shield is active, not vulnerable
    Vulnerable: SCU is active but the shield is down
    Overloaded: SCU has been overloaded but has not yet detonated
    Destroyed: SCU has been destroyed

Other Miscellaneous Changes

The UI now shows indicators when vehicle passengers are hitting enemies
    Recon device animation has been changed to show a single pulse instead of two
    If a computer has less than 4GB of memory, only low texture quality will be available in the settings
    Added the ability to bring up the score screen while on the death screen
    Unified the HUD and map squad and instant action deployment functionality
    They now share the same timers and notifications
    Now can only be canceled by pressing the hotkey or clicking the button (i.e. hitting Esc to exit out of the map will no longer cancel the countdown)
    Double-clicking a loadout number from the equipment or vehicle terminal will now equip yourself or spawn the vehicle of the selected loadout, respectively
    Double-clicking a deployment location from the deployment list will now deploy you. Deploy, deployment, deploy, deploy.

Bug Fixes

Zebra Vehicle Camo should now be selectable in the loadout menu after purchasing the Mega Vehicle Camo Bundle
    Fixed Ally/Enemy colors not showing correctly on in-world UI icons for explosives
    Added a progress indicator to the redeem a code flow
    Health bars should no longer intermittently display as empty when nanoweave armor is equipped
    Players should no longer receive a revive prompt if they deploy as a teammate attempts to revive them
    Non-members will no longer see an incorrect discount on the member’s sale in the Depot.
    Battle Rifles, MAX AV right, MAX AI right, and MAX AA weapons are now properly tracked on the stats page
    Fixed missing icons for the Walker in the Depot

Facility/ Environmental Updates
    Sunderer No Deploy Zones
    Facilities and Outposts on Indar and Amerish now have Sunderer No Deploy Zones.

These function just like the No Deploy Radius around allied deployed Sunderers
    These zones prevent someone from parking a Sunderer right on top of a capture point, forcing players to fight to the capture points on foot

Warpgate Rotation
    All faction warpgates have been rotated counter clockwise.
    Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue preventing players from resupplying consumables while in the VR training zone
    Fixed non-functional teleporters at Arroyo Torre Station
    Fixed a neutral spawn room teleporter at Feldspar Canyon Base
    All Gravity Pads at the Saurva Overflow Depot should function correctly again
    Replaced the missing south east facing vehicle pad at the Ikanam Bio Lab
    Addressed two ground vehicle terminals overlapping at Saurva South Fortress
    Removed a misplaced stair object at Crux Headquarters on Amerish

On a serious note, the bug with spawn shields not dropping on Esamir, i'm drunk so forgive me the spelling, still not fixed?

Btw we had several members with lower end spec PCs report that they had a huge (in some cases double) FPS increase from this patch and a lot of cursing from our infiltrators trying to pull Sundies :P.

• Advertisement

Btw we had several members with lower end spec PCs report that they had a huge (in some cases double) FPS increase from this patch and a lot of cursing from our infiltrators trying to pull Sundies :P.
    Might have to redownload it AGAIN, for the third time. Downloaded it. played for a while and uninstalled because of lag. Re-downloaded with the hope of a patch sorting it out and uninstalled it before the patch arrived and now since it arrived I kinda want to give it another go.

Advertisement