Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So who they are using now for accounts? The reason I did not bothered to play more, because I spent 20eu on damn thing and then they made EU servers being handled not by SOE, but some bull**** third party.

Is it back to SOE?
    All SoE now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Since installing it on my new-ish Pc it's running perfectly. Not a problem at all at all. Enjoying it but I'm feeling grossly underpowered. I feel like I'll have to play for weeks to get anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Since installing it on my new-ish Pc it's running perfectly. Not a problem at all at all. Enjoying it but I'm feeling grossly underpowered. I feel like I'll have to play for weeks to get anywhere.

Mine runs fine at over 60 on high mostly but there a few errors lately, excluding Hossin specific ones. Players sometimes don't render even at close range and loads of UI errors but that's mostly after spawning ( more so than previously).

Looking forward to this on PS4, I'd rather angry kids yelling than the nasally stuck up ****s taking it far too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Varik wrote: »
    Looking forward to this on PS4, I'd rather angry kids yelling than the nasally stuck up ****s taking it far too seriously.

I'd rather neither tbh. An irritating ****wit is an irritating ****wit regardless of age or how they go about being irritating. The end result is the same; you wanting to murder them in grotesque albeit deeply satisfying and amusing ways, then realising they're just mongs and ignoring them and/or headshot/knife-killing them to troll them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I get min 30 fps on Ultra @ 1920x1080. Everything on highest. Really happy with that since my old pc was a laggy laggy mess. Unplayable.

Just wish objective markers were a little more visible/noticeable but I've yet to delve into the UI options much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

Really enjoying Hossin atm, Some really good fights atm, The Cont locking and lattice make it much enjoyable for me. Been playing on the miller server as TR , with Better Red Than Dead, BRTD.net/join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lundar. wrote: »
    Really enjoying Hossin atm, Some really good fights atm, The Cont locking and lattice make it much enjoyable for me. Been playing on the miller server as TR , with Better Red Than Dead, BRTD.net/join

Yeah, the continent locking tend to focus the action alright. I'm also in BRTD - DaveTheSheep. Quiet enough though, so I am.

Everyone's trying to lock ... Esamir is it? Whichever one gives you the cheaper infantry purchases.

Hossin's great, but I'm almost OD'd on it at this stage. I'd even go back to Indar for a while...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yeah, the continent locking tend to focus the action alright. I'm also in BRTD - DaveTheSheep. Quiet enough though, so I am.
    I think I've killed you or been killed by you a few months ago :P (NodyVS or my alt I've started to play more NodyTR)

Nody wrote: »
    I think I've killed you or been killed by you a few months ago :P (NodyVS or my alt I've started to play more NodyTR)

Is there anywhere you can look up your stats versus another user I wonder?

The European server merges have been announced:
    Hello all -

We know there is a lot of interest in the merges, so we want to keep you as up to date as possible. I'll be positing here as we make more final decisions. Here's what we know:
    We'll be merging the following servers:
    Woodman + Miller
    Ceres + Cobalt
    This combo was determined by various factors, but the main goals were to prevent excessive queues while maintaining a robust server pop and extending prime playing hours
    We'd like to run MergeSmashes similar to the one we did for the previous merge
    We'd like to let the name be decided by the MergeSmash event (i.e. winner keeps the server name)
    Here's what's left to be determined:
    When the MergeSmashes will be
    When the merges themselves will happen
    I'm keeping this thread stickied and locked, and I'll update it as more official decisions are made.
    -DCarey
    From what I've read Woodman is suppose to be more relaxed then Miller so happy pew pew for us Millerites :P

• Advertisement

How are they handling the character limits on this or names?

All Good, I've characters on servers that I've no one to play with.

Watch and enjoy; all recorded in game (excl. music)

So, SOE have been sold off to Daybreak?

Details here.

Not really sure how to take this. Doubtless things will change, but hopefully it won't be for the monetisation/cash grab side of things that PS2 has been spiraling towards recently.

Well I'm going to remain subscribed for now at least; I already got most stuff I want and I'm still interested in Everquest Next so can always use the SC there but yea, I'm worried about the "multiple console" part that it's going to be focusing on mobile games rather then the existing PC once... At the end of the day both Everquest Next and PS2 are F2P atm and I've got more then enough back from both games based on the money I've put in.

I'm the same. Until I get a few signs that it's going down the tube, they'll continue to get my sub - and I only play Planetside. I've enjoyed the game enough, 500 hours so far. Worth it, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm the same. Until I get a few signs that it's going down the tube, they'll continue to get my sub - and I only play Planetside. I've enjoyed the game enough, 500 hours so far. Worth it, for me.

Paid for a year's sub [€99?] way back in November 2013... Stopped playing it before December 2013...

I blame my excitement then of buying a high rig gaming PC back then playing ANYTHING on absolute max settings with a 24" 144hz monitor! :pac:

PS2 looked amazing during night battles... but the game got boring quick for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I have tried to play this fecking game, I haven't a clue whats going on

its truly the first game that has me completely stumped

kingtiger wrote: »
    I have tried to play this fecking game, I haven't a clue whats going on

its truly the first game that has me completely stumped
    It can easily be overwhelming at first; if you create a character on Miller VS (where my current main resides) I can take you through it in a squad :)

Not a great start.

According to Kotaku (take that as you will)
    Although the company was all smiles about the deal in public, staff were immediately told that the company would be laying people off in order to become "profitable," according to a person close to the studio.
    As part of a strategic decision to rationalize the business, Daybreak Game Company announced today that it will eliminate positions in both its San Diego and Austin studios. This alignment of resources better positions the newly independent studio for future growth opportunities and developments, including delivering on its legacy of making top online games and establishing a solid foundation for future multi-platform success. These reductions will not affect the operation of current games and the company will continue on its mission to partner with its player community to drive the future and push the boundaries of online gaming.

Nody wrote: »
    It can easily be overwhelming at first; if you create a character on Miller VS (where my current main resides) I can take you through it in a squad :)

how are EU servers lately, has there been any improvements.

Get better performance off US PC/PS4 servers.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    how are EU servers lately, has there been any improvements.

Get better performance off US PC/PS4 servers.
    It was really down the drain for a while; personally it's working fine at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

got an invite for the PS4 beta :)

Tried to use it and got bounced for not being registered and physically in the US :(

So why send it to me in the first place, teasing bstards.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭callumsdad

No offence guys but what a sh1te of a game:)First 10 mins had me stumped also.BF3 head here.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

callumsdad wrote: »
    No offence guys but what a sh1te of a game:)First 10 mins had me stumped also.BF3 head here.:)

So your saying you made a snap judgement of an MMOFPS that requires a small modicum of teamplay to get the most out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭callumsdad

VinLieger wrote: »
    So your saying you made a snap judgement of an MMOFPS that requires a small modicum of teamplay to get the most out of it?
    Point taken.I will give it another crack but man I was overwhelmed at first and last attempt and that attempt lasted 2 hours.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

callumsdad wrote: »
    Point taken.I will give it another crack but man I was overwhelmed at first and last attempt and that attempt lasted 2 hours.:)

I felt like that when I started too. I only play it now and then and have 2x lvl 10/11 characters. But it's enjoyable enough. It's easy enough to figure out. And when in doubt, just do an instant action and shoot $hit. Just like every other fps :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There are countless guides out there to get the basics down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Flying's pretty hard in the game, and there's some fantastic pilot players out there that makes me envious. :o

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Flying's pretty hard in the game, and there's some fantastic pilot players out there that makes me envious. :o

Its gotten to the bf1942 level, where the aces could angle a bomb through a window in a building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

BeerWolf wrote: »

Some very sick pilots our there alright. I can hold my own at best. But I would not go even close to calling myself a good pilot. It took me at least 3 spawning attempts just to be able to fly around in a circle and land without crashing at the beginning.

Advertisement