Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Stev_o wrote: »
    Don't need one once you signed up with the same email you used for the original PS

I did but havent received any client download emails or invites, when i go into my account page it lists Planetside 2 but says inactive beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

I got a beta key invite from their Twitter account the end of June, had an account on Werner and a separate account I setup when I lost the access to the first account for a while.

Still haven't heard anything about Client downloads, beta access or anything bar an email confirming the account I added the beta key to.

Maybe its the whole US/EU servers thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ravenid wrote: »
    I got a beta key invite from their Twitter account the end of June, had an account on Werner and a separate account I setup when I lost the access to the first account for a while.

Still haven't heard anything about Client downloads, beta access or anything bar an email confirming the account I added the beta key to.

Maybe its the whole US/EU servers thing :(

Beta hasn't officially started so that's about right i just got lucky to get into the tech test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

They were hoping to get it opened up about now, but it's looking like a delay of a few days. Fingers crossed for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Stev_o wrote: »
    Beta hasn't officially started so that's about right i just got lucky to get into the tech test.

Luck git.
    They were hoping to get it opened up about now, but it's looking like a delay of a few days. Fingers crossed for this weekend.

Was worried about this at first but if its a few days wait versus a Planetside 2 too buggy for Beta I'll happily play BF3 for another week or so until SOE are happy to switch to Beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Still no beta access, being a vet and all :(

They seem to be rolling out to active subscribers first. Hopefully former players next.

Looks like Monday should see things opening up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I just got access to my ancient email associated with my old PS account eventually.
    Ive updated it to a new email account etc, im now on the accoutnpage of my old SOE accoutn i used for PS1, i can see transactions from 03 in there :eek:
    I should have veteran access or atleast old subscriber access, is there any way to check if ill be included in the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Signed up for access a while ago, but not being a vet doubt i'll be in anytime soon. here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Order for letting into beta is:

-current PS1 subscribers
    -veteran and inactive PS1 accounts
    -"Priority Beta Code" keys from some magazines and websites
    -anyone who clicked "opt-in" on their accounts

As far as I can glean from SOE tweets and such. They hope for current subs and vets to be rolled in by the end of the week, depends on how things go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm assuming i wouldn't get into the beta if i subscribed for PS1 now, right?

Think its a bit late, they had a cut-off a few weeks ago.

Bah! Ah well, i guess i can wait.

*checks e-mail*

*still no beta key*

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    *checks e-mail*

*still no beta key*

:(
    You're not alone in waiting myf friend; thankfully I got Mechwarrior Online to keep me going along with WoT though!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I'm waiting too for a key (I'm busy getting back by details from SOE for my original planetside a/c).

Demonbaby.

Got details for my old PS 1 a/c and signed up so maybe I'll get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

*Strokes access to client evily*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

If my account status says active and i've already entered the beta key should i not be able to just download the client? Damn i'm hungry for this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Does the NDA still count even if it's not my video? ;)

• Advertisement

It definitely breaks the NDA...but holy **** that looks incredible! Seriously impressed with that, and it only raises my hopes for the game.

*check e-mail this morning*

*see e-mail from Sony Online at the top*

freddiej.jpg

"Your Station Cash Balance For August is 500cr"

youkiddingme.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    *check e-mail this morning*

*see e-mail from Sony Online at the top*

freddiej.jpg

"Your Station Cash Balance For August is 500cr"

youkiddingme.png

Got the exact same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

As soon as the NDA is lifted il be happy to waffle about it all day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

No Beta Key:(.

And i couldnt avail of my free game time in PS1. Had are the relevent details (played on and off for over 7 yrs). Im not impressed :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fvcks sake ... I got an SOE email; "come join Star Wars Clone Wars adventures".

Khan+from+space.jpg

No. I'll join Planetside 2 thank you very much. That's a not so subtle hint thatiwouldlikemyaccesskeylikeitwasyesterdaykthxbye.

From Twitter
    @j_smedley
    Ps1 vets. You have to make sure to register and you will be in on aug 20th.

A longer wait than I was hoping for, but at least we have a (firm?) date now.

Yeah, and also just a day before Darksiders 2 consumes my free time :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

KilOit wrote: »
    Does the NDA still count even if it's not my video? ;)

Removed due to copyright violations, Sony don't want free buzz going :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

They've been giving out beta keys via twitter for the last hour or so.. No luck for me though! They even responded to my tweet and still no key xD

Advertisement