Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's F2P. No initial purchase, but will have a cash shop for microtransactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The Alpha Pack will just include some extras that should have no overall advantage over other players, mostly cosmetic stuff. It'll be a F2P game, they've always said that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

pH wrote: »
    Just to clarify this Alpha pack thing - it's $39.99 and gives you Sony gold (or whatever) and beta access - but you'll still have to pay for the game? Or will the game itself be F2P?
    And 10% more exp for 6 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Actually there is a Membership Pack being discussed by SOE.

Posted by Higby on the PS2 forums:
    Hey all -

A couple weeks ago we posted a thread with some of our thoughts on where we wanted to take the Planetside 2 membership. We received a lot of well thought out feedback and ideas from you guys and have made some adjustments to our membership offering based on it. Here are our revised and final membership benefits:
    25-50% increased resource gain.
    25-50% increased XP gain.
    25-50% increased passive cert point gain.
    Note: Each of the above start at 25% and increase by 5% per month of sustained membership up to a total bonus of 50% each at 6+ months membership.
    Priority login queue
    Early Access to new cosmetic items on the store
    500 StationCash each month
    Price will be 14.99 / month

None of the above will give you an advantage in a fight between a free player and a Member.

It just means the Member will look fabulous in his Zebra Skinned Armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

well, my moneys on the 'Member', as they'll typically be of a higher level and will have more certs/unlocks as a result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Where are all you guys playing beta, on US servers or EU servers? If you are on an american server can you let us know what kind of ping you have?

Basically I can sick to death of playing online games where loads of your teammates dont speak or understand english and just balls up enjoyment of the game by dying like flies because they dont know what the plan is..... Just take a look at World Of Tanks to see half your team leroy or hide and leave the rest to try and win...

(/edit I know this is not a time limited or single life kind of game like WOT, I played the first planetisde a good bit back in the day and liked it a lot, but the language barrier can make any game suck if people just do their own thing because they dont understand the language)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

If anyone can't or doesn't want to use their beta invite, please feel free to hook a brother up. ;)

Check your emails Ivan, they have had another round of beta invites, I got one yesterday at 22:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Also if you know anyone who bought the Alpha Squad package, they would have been sent a spare key as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

My mate got one and I didn't. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Lads anyone looking for a Beta Key go here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/

I got one yesterday. Sign up, make a post in the forum. Wait 2 hours...

Then check here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/keyexchange.php?pid=5

Just done that there. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I might have 3 keys spare. Pm me and I'll give them and they may/may not work.

I was playing on esamir last night ... good god is that place bright. We were fighting with the sun behind us and it was not too bad, but with the sun more in front of us it was ridiculously bright .... I had to go somewhere else to get away from it.

Also way too many tanks, but i had good fun in a max and got a good few aircraft and infiltrator kills

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Eurogamer giving out Keys.

http://www.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=87172

What server is everyone playing on? Faction? is there a TS going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Only the one euro server atm I believe. I play TR, with my outfit from the original game. Character name is the same as my username here, if anyone wants to squad up.

Big patch today, ~2.4GB

I played on US East coast and EU (Eurdome?) ... to be honest I prefer the US East because everyone speaks english and people are more likely to play as a team and I am not having any/many lag issues.

D'oh ... i downloaded the patch earlier ... and once the game loaded I saw no servers were up. So i closed the game. I just checked again and its downloading the patch again ..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Still have a couple of keys left.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got a key yesterday never played it before or anything like it.

Do i need to be in a faction or is red vs blue ?

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Lads anyone looking for a Beta Key go here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/

I got one yesterday. Sign up, make a post in the forum. Wait 2 hours...

Then check here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/keyexchange.php?pid=5

Good shout man, got a key and played all night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got a key yesterday never played it before or anything like it.

Do i need to be in a faction or is red vs blue ?
    You will need to choose a faction (Terran Republic for the noble guys who're kicking ass, NC if you're a cheap anarchist who can't get hands on real combat equipment or VS if you're to lazy to even get weapons and have to borrow alien energy weapons) to create a character in.

Down through the years I have played many many flight sims. And I did not crash as much in all of them added together as I have in Planetside.

And no-one plays their vehicles in third person mode because you cant see where you are shooting so they constantly kill me in battles.

I'd say 3/4 of my deaths were caused by getting squashed under tanks or suicide while trying to fly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

BigEejit wrote: »
    Down through the years I have played many many flight sims. And I did not crash as much in all of them added together as I have in Planetside.

And no-one plays their vehicles in third person mode because you cant see where you are shooting so they constantly kill me in battles.

I'd say 3/4 of my deaths were caused by getting squashed under tanks or suicide while trying to fly :(

Stick with it, love the handling of aircraft in this game, when you get good you can do some pretty amazing stunts with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

KilOit wrote: »
    Stick with it, love the handling of aircraft in this game, when you get good you can do some pretty amazing stunts with it.
    Agreed. I used to fly a Mozzie and Lib so much in PS1 that getting plenty of kills was second nature.

The game keeps crashing for me after a few minutes it seems, may try again tomorrow.

D'oh ..... I figured out what half my problem was with flying, I had graphics set to full screen windowed. Much easier with it set to just fullscreen.

Also you would have to be asleep to miss the flavour of the month for infantry .... infiltrators with shotguns. Sneak up, bang bang, and sneak off.

Well I have to say I'm disapointed in the MAX AA/AV ability. Having only ONE gun for AA or AV is utterly stupid (esp. as both have low ammo per clip and can't kill a tank/airplane with a full clip let alone the poor splash and aiming). Ran around with both for over an hour last night and the only tank killed was a parked tank with out a player and the only planes going down were already half dead or more flying in straight lines.

Bring back the old MAXes for AV/AA I say (or at least give the option to double arm AV/AA weapons)!

Nody wrote: »
    Well I have to say I'm disapointed in the MAX AA/AV ability. Having only ONE gun for AA or AV is utterly stupid (esp. as both have low ammo per clip and can't kill a tank/airplane with a full clip let alone the poor splash and aiming). Ran around with both for over an hour last night and the only tank killed was a parked tank with out a player and the only planes going down were already half dead or more flying in straight lines.

Bring back the old MAXes for AV/AA I say (or at least give the option to double arm AV/AA weapons)!
    Oh I agree, MAX's just are not hard enough or well enough armed.

Now I know why there are so many tank zergs, people just make an engineer and go off in a tank, get in with a bunch of others and profit. Getting another player on board to man the AA is a big plus.

And also bring back old engineer skills, just repairing and dropping ammo gets old fast ....

Even worse and I forgot to add is the repair amounts are silly; myself and another MAX were both shooting at a reaver at 50% health that had landed ~200m away in a valley and was being repaired by the pilot. Between the two of us both using AA guns we could not kill it; it kept going up in health while we kept unloading clips into it!

• Advertisement

If I remember right in planetside 1 did the engineers repair gun need some kind of ammunition? I do remember being able to drop a self shooting turret and mines.... I was hoping that those features made it into 2, but alas no.

Advertisement