Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yay! Another free game to lokk forward to. WOT, Mech Warrior and now this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Zombrex wrote: »
    Are characters locked to servers?

Character names are unique, and locked to servers yes. Also weapons and gear purchases with station points are per character, not account bound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Character names are unique, and locked to servers yes. Also weapons and gear purchases with station points are per character, not account bound.

Thanks, something to keep in mind when spending money on a character who isn't one I care about (ie not one I play with friends with)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

idiot question here but how do you log onto this game to play it.
    i downloaded the steam version.
    i created an account on the .eu website and i can login to the website but when i run steam i just get Invalid name or password.

idiot question here but how do you log onto this game to play it.
    i downloaded the steam version.
    i created an account on the website and i can login to the website but when i run steam i just get Invalid name or password.

This is a known issue. You could try downloading the client again from the website, or just keep Googling until someone figures out how to fix it

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?p=857003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

i know its a free game and all that but thats some serious f**k up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right... wtf is happening...

i though beta account would be just updated for full game, but it just went hip**** on me.
    now i try to recover my password, but it says that there are no account ojn that email?!?! WTF?!?! i bough station cash on that account too ffs.

i know its a free game and all that but thats some serious f**k up.

I would imagine it was because the Steam client wasn't involved in the beta and probably wasn't tested all that well. Bit surprising from someone as large as Sony, you think they would have a warehouse fill of monkeys testing this stuff, but I'm sure it will get fixed soon enough.

right... wtf is happening...

i though beta account would be just updated for full game, but it just went hip**** on me.
    now i try to recover my password, but it says that there are no account ojn that email?!?! WTF?!?! i bough station cash on that account too ffs.

Seem to remember there being something on the download page about downloading the US client if you were part of the Beta, you could try that (go to the Play Now page while logged out of the website)

• Advertisement

Zombrex wrote: »
    Seem to remember there being something on the download page about downloading the US client if you were part of the Beta, you could try that (go to the Play Now page while logged out of the website)

omfg. i just looked there and planetside 2 for europe is like managed by different company? it does not use station cash, but some sort of sevencash? WTF is happening?

i bough 20eu worth of station cash... does that mean that i bought it for US account or some ****? now i cant even use it on eu?! i was quite surprised as i managed to make myself an account with same username and on same email...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im having the same problems.

Came in at 6.00-started teh steam download and now when I try and play its fooking linking me all over the place.From Station to some mad named website.

Now Iv eventually managed to setup an account on that prosieben sat site and now its downloading the whole game again.

Anyone got any help to get this working!!!!!!!!

What a **** up of a launch!!

whats with this subscription too?! i though it was free to play and then you buy or grind XP for items!

when did that changed?!

It appears that Steam has the US client, not the EU one. From what I gather you should visit the PlanetSide 2 site (where upon you will be redirected to ProSebienSat.1) and from there you should download the game.

Still no joy for me yet though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can we update our beta clients to full game i wonder?

omfg. i just looked there and planetside 2 for europe is like managed by different company? it does not use station cash, but some sort of sevencash? WTF is happening?

i bough 20eu worth of station cash... does that mean that i bought it for US account or some ****? now i cant even use it on eu?! i was quite surprised as i managed to make myself an account with same username and on same email...

I think accounts are moved over, or something. Not really sure, the whole EU launch seems very confusing.

More here

http://www.planetside2forum.com/archive/index.php/t-495.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/882966056588284919/#p2

Anyone tried this fix yet??Better still does it work?

Ive started my steam download but people saying its the wrong client, should i dload anyway and hope for a workaround or wait for a definite link?

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive started my steam download but people saying its the wrong client, should i dload anyway and hope for a workaround or wait for a definite link?

Its fecked Cully.Im giving up and going to bed.4 hours at it now and I still cant get it running without d/l another version.

Ill leave my steam install as it is and wait for them to fix it.

OK, so what I've found is the following.

You must first create a station name by going here. Verify your email.

Separate to this you mus visit the EU version of the website and create a PlanetSide 2 game account there.

If you have already done one or both of the steps above you must now download the game from the link given on the EU website.

Sucks that the game has to be downloaded twice (what's that, 14GB?) but I've seen reports that this solves this issue.

In short, if you have downloaded the game on Steam (like most of us) then it wont work. You must download the EU client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I installed mine through steam it works fine except for the crashing to desktop when i die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Separate to this you mus visit the EU version of the website and create a PlanetSide 2 game account there.

If you have already done one or both of the steps above you must then You must now download the game from the link given on the EU website. you can also attempt to log in (you'll receive an error message) and click on the help link that becomes visible. This will open your browser and you should follow the instructions.

In short, if you have downloaded the game on Steam (like most of us) then it wont work. You must download the EU client.

Sucks that the game has to be downloaded twice (what's that, 14GB?) but I've seen reports that this solves this issue.
    Except if you played in the BETA. If you played in the BETA you can download the install client from planetside2.com.

If you have already done one or both of the steps above you must now download the game from the link given on the EU website.

Done all that but its a pain to have to d/l a second copy.Im sure Steam will fix it soon.

**** that, I give up on it. I will come back in few months and see how it gets along.

Only SOE can so royally **** up normal simple things.

Except if you played in the BETA. If you played in the BETA you can download the install client from planetside2.com.

yeah i played the beta,ill dload from there so cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Okay here it is IF you played PS1 or played the Alpha/Beta for PS2 you can login to the game through your SOE account that you used for the beta, go to http://www.planetside2.com/ login and then click play for free it will give you the client you need and you will have access to your station cash and not have to use the ****ty prosieban stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Is there going to be a b.ie outfit for this?

RPS are going VS, but I always did have a softspot for NC.

Also, this thread brings back memories of what the games forum was like in the run up to Planetside. Never saw as many people on boards as hyped about something :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

KilOit wrote: »
    Sold! (Between this and a Steam sale my credit card will weep this month).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

VinLieger wrote: »
    Okay here it is IF you played PS1 or played the Alpha/Beta for PS2 you can login to the game through your SOE account that you used for the beta, go to http://www.planetside2.com/ login and then click play for free it will give you the client you need and you will have access to your station cash and not have to use the ****ty prosieban stuff

I hope they don't force people from beta etc to use prosieban, it seems like such a piece of crap. So far haven't had any real issues with SOE (fingers crossed)

Burgo wrote: »
    I hope they don't force people from beta etc to use prosieban, it seems like such a piece of crap. So far haven't had any real issues with SOE (fingers crossed)

Its currently the only soe game thats not, after a pretty huge outcry over region locking servers, and was only clarified a few weeks ago that wouldnt be happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bloody Planetside2.exe has stopped responding using Win7 64 , getting this after about 10-15 minutes gameplay

anybody else getting this error?

no problems with any other games, rig is rock solid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Loving the game so far. I'm TR on the Miller server. I would change if there was some sort of boards outfit created though. The game is running great for me so far.

Only issues i've had are the VOIP still doesn't work for me (didn't work in beta either) I can not hear any squad chat or talk to the squad. Also when I log out of the game I get a black screen & have to kill the process. Anyone else get these issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Also when I log out of the game I get a black screen & have to kill the process. Anyone else get these issues?

I saw that mentioned when looking for a fix for my problem, cant remember where though

Im going VS i think, not sure of a server yet.

I'm getting nasty as hell lag on Miller since the servers rebooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Im going VS i think, not sure of a server yet.

Yeah Disco baby! Miller seems to be the most popular EU server.

Loving the game so far. I'm TR on the Miller server. I would change if there was some sort of boards outfit created though. The game is running great for me so far.

Only issues i've had are the VOIP still doesn't work for me (didn't work in beta either) I can not hear any squad chat or talk to the squad. Also when I log out of the game I get a black screen & have to kill the process. Anyone else get these issues?

I get the black screen on log out if i have been playing for hours, or if I'm logging out on easmir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

seems like a 'come back in a few weeks when we have sorted stuff out' kinda game at the moment.

Played for about 50 mins earlier and everything was rock solid, zero lag and fantastic performance.

• Advertisement

Played for about 50 mins earlier and everything was rock solid, zero lag and fantastic performance.

Cully how'd you get it working???

Hellrazer wrote: »

Just downloaded from www.planetside2.com.
    Someone said on here lastnight that anyone who played the beta just needs to go to the site,log in and click "play free".
    That brought me to download link for the client.

Hellrazer wrote: »

If you played the Beta then you can go play the US client. If you are like the rest of us then you follow the redirect to the EU website and download from there.

Must view tutorial videos for any new players.

http://www.planetside2.com/game-tutorials

I played the Planetside 1 all those years ago,played the beta on and off yet i will be studying these vids.

Its working through steam now.

Just logged in and there was a small update and I didnt even have to download it again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Here's a good video which describes all the basics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Loving the game so far. I'm TR on the Miller server.

On Miller too, along with some of my original outfit (last line of defense, terran rep.) and enjoying it thus far. Was in beta so I've had few issues other than station cash vanishing at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

What server are most of you playing on? Going to give it a try see how it preforms, was told it eats up the CPU ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Its the RAM demands that got me, found a work around on the forums though.

Any groups getting organised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Im a complete noob but im willing to play:P Just hit rank 3 playing TR on miller.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well Miller has a 250 people queue (about 7 min according to the counter) atm; another reason to pay for subscription :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement