Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Dont the max's have the flamers now, lost track if they are enabled or not, they keep changing em, they have been for the most part useless, unless storming spawn rooms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Nody wrote: »
    Btw for those of you pulling Sunderers please be aware you need to buy a 24 Cert to be able to deploy it (I was not aware :o ). I'm going to spec into my Sundy now further (got the deployment, 1p in repair (no more needed) and need 1 point in radar (don't care about lock time but showing up on minimap) and the two for vehicle repair and ammo replenishment) to see how well it can work. I've seen to many sundies parked close to a base that are not spotted that costs us a base not to try myself :P

Yes I'm scatter brained on what I'm trying :D

Have they changed the number of things you can have active on the Sundy? Last time I looked it could spawn OR do vehicle ammo, not both

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

BigEejit wrote: »
    Have they changed the number of things you can have active on the Sundy? Last time I looked it could spawn OR do vehicle ammo, not both
    Good question, no clue honestly but if you can only do vehicle repair OR vehicle ammo it's useless :P
    Dont the max's have the flamers now, lost track if they are enabled or not, they keep changing em, they have been for the most part useless, unless storming spawn rooms
    No flamers, TR has a minigun, NC has the Scatter shotgun and VS has a pulsar gun for AI. And MAXes work for AA but so far that appears to be about it...

Good question, no clue honestly but if you can only do vehicle repair OR vehicle ammo it's useless :P

I believe those two are the same, I think he ment that you cant have the spawn and vehical repair/ammo at the same time.

However even if repair and ammo are separate, as a tank driver, I'm usually specced as an engy anyway as is the gunner i normally have in the turret, but ammo sundies are a godsend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I unlocked the HA Anti Air rocket launcher; it's doing decent enough damage but the problem is the lock on range is pathetic and you can expect at most 1 rocket as they will zoom away once the lock starts :(

• Advertisement

Took the Lightening with AA gun for a spin today; I'm not impressed at all :(

I had a NC flier coming in slow in a straight line and I started shooting at around 50m away and I ended up at 7/40 (don't think I missed a shot) when it blew up. The splash also appears to be small (if any) compared to the Burster which is more widely available and easier to move around. It beats the AA missile in damage but it appears to be quite a limited role for it to be honest (not had a chance to try it on infantry or tanks yet).

Has anyone tried the Prowler AA turret? That's most likely my next buy as the Prowler is only 50 more and the main gun is better vs. AV and you can hot swap to the second position if needed.

Beta ends on the 16th November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

any advice for a complete noob to planetside 2?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Aim before you fire because if you don't and the enemy do you will die even firing first.

Don't hesitate to pull out vehicles to give them a spin (esp. planes are difficult to learn) but don't think you're safe because you're in one (even if they may seem indestructible from the other side at times).

Buy grenades early (they use resources which automatically refill over time) and keep them stocked up. A single nade will kill most infantry so use them a lot and often.

Don't hesitate to look around at different classes and what suit you, you're likely going to want to rotate around two or three roles anyway.

Don't go MAX suit, they honestly only work as AA and only with dual pounders and nothing else.

At the start go with the zerg but try to hang back slightly; you'll soon figure out the basics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Got in the beta about two weeks ago and have been having a blast ever since.
    Have to say, once you play LA for a while it's hard to play anything else. Not having a jetpack just seems so wrong.

interesting critique from TB if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

I agree with a lot of what he says. Particularly the fact that they are not selling into the xmas market so why have this unnecesary rush to get the game out half baked.

when you fly a plane for the first time, keep in mind you will crash... the controls are odd... but when you get used to them, you'll wonder how you ever did with out em

when you fly a plane for the first time, keep in mind you will crash... the controls are odd... but when you get used to them, you'll wonder how you ever did with out em
    Also please fly in a straight line at low altitude at low constant speed trying to machine gun infantry. Posted on behalf of your local Burster community :p.

Also please fly in a straight line at low altitude at low constant speed trying to machine gun infantry. Posted on behalf of your local Burster community :p.

assuming he makes it out of the warp bubble... most first time pilots dont... at least not alive. Hopefully there wont be too much air traffic in the area at the time also.... That can make things even messier.:eek:

assuming he makes it out of the warp bubble... most first time pilots dont... at least not alive. Hopefully there wont be too much air traffic in the area at the time also.... That can make things even messier.:eek:
    Odd, I found flying relatively easy (never crashed by accident in ~10 times I tried flying so far); the issues I had was to control the speed (always max/zilch, never going at 70%), turning (sucked badly at that) and generally being able to do a straffing run on a target of choice.

Odd, I found flying relatively easy (never crashed by accident in ~10 times I tried flying so far); the issues I had was to control the speed (always max/zilch, never going at 70%), turning (sucked badly at that) and generally being able to do a straffing run on a target of choice.

In the early days of alpha testing you used to launch at full speed, and the controls were alot more sensitive than they are now... it was always easy to spot a first time pilot...I loved the controls like that, some of the maneuvers you could pull off were insane, but they werent very newbie friendly. Best way to think of it is a plane with all of the performance upgrades at the same time.

I didn't crash the first time!!! (but I did the third time)

Played light assault mostly but took a few vehicles for a spin. It's pretty cool but I don't know how to change to third person in vehicles and I don't know how to change weapons in aircraft)

Also I don't know if it's my awful flying or someone forcing me to crash but it was only the big gunship I kept crashing.

Still a lot of fun

Is there a boards.ie clan of sorts?

Not as far as I know Blitz and you can't change weapons on the ships at the start (usually one weapon per ship per slot) but you can unlock weapons to change them out.

For changing view it's "T" if I remember correctly. Also keep in mind you can change seat in a vehicle using the Fx buttons; so in the main tank if you want to switch to the machine gun to shot that pesky flier pressing F2 moves you over.

Maybe we should at least post what server and side we are all on and have it on the first page or something so players can find each other etc.

I'm on the Europa server as a CA

Maybe we should at least post what server and side we are all on and have it on the first page or something so players can find each other etc.

I'm on the Europa server as a CA

Yeah playing on Eurydome as a TR, in game name is Burg0.

• Advertisement

All of the bigger changes for the liberators weapon set up are 98 certs + (zeypher, highly recommended or the dalton 498 certs)

Lib's are a bit finiky to fly, due to size and mass, makes maneuvering slow. My regular crew hate me flying at times, has i have a tendency to skim the ground when being chased, crazy things like flying through the middle of a tech plant or under bio-domes, the former usually scares off chasing reaver's and mosi's, more amusing when they clip something on the way though...However, very embarrassing when I do:rolleyes:

I'm on the US east coast server because it was the only server with decent population any time I've logged on (and lag is not an noticable issue with a few warping exceptions) :P

mostly play on the western server myself, though will be playing mostly on eastern when the game goes live, for pretty much the same reasons as nody

Havent really noticed any issues with population sizes on eurydome, most of the other euro servers do seem dead though.

I play US East coast because of the server pops but also because everyone speaks the same language (mostly) and people get organised a lot more. Haven't noticed high or fluctuating ping times all that much (a couple of times)

Just read servers will be up all weekend with no scheduled downtime

shiney :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Anyone here playing VS?

Anyone here playing VS?

Yeah actually just started playing as them the other day, gotta love the magrider :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Finally got around to downloading PS2 Beta, cant say i was very impressed tbh.

Games where never about the graphics for me, it was always the game play.

I found it very hard to hit anything as a foot soldier, ive not played FPS in a while, but i didnt like the COF.

I tried flying a Mossie, it was like piloting a Gal in PS1.

I think they have taken the orignal formula that worked really well and diluted it to much.

It felt alot like UT or team fortress, i was never a fan of either.

There is too much polish for my liking, the learning curve on PS1 was easy enough when you got into the swing of it. PS2 feels like u have to spend hours just learning how to load out.

But then again i lost interest in FPS because i found there was more and more emphasis put on the surroundings than the gameplay.

The first time i seen someone play PS1 they where in a TR max suit i was won over there and then. Its just to shiney for me :rolleyes:.

Advertisement