Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access internet via home wifi network?

Options
  • 24-02-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry for asking what is probably the noobiest question ever, but I've done a quick search and turned nothing up.

My kid just got a Nokia C-3 on Meteor PAYG and I've rung Meteor to disable the WAP settings on her account (after the browser got accidentally opened in her pocket and gobbled up all her credit).

When she's at home, the phone detects our (UPC) wireless network. Is there a way she can use that to access the internet without reactivating Meteor's data settings and incurring charges?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes should be easy, just connect to the wifi, enter password when prompted. Use internet. Shouldn't reactivate mobile internet.

To connect to wifi, select your upc from the list of detected networks, then press menu-> connect or something. Not exactly sure on interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers, mate.

Advertisement