Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Eircom Home broadband.

Options
  • 24-02-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Since yesterday evening the broadband has been down in the house. Have tried everyting. Turning off the modem. Restarting it. Resetting it. Even went into the settings to restart and re establish the connection but to no avail.
    Would it be possible to pm someone to get to the end of this. Can't ring as I'm in work at the minute.

Cheers,
    Nick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

nicklauski wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Since yesterday evening the broadband has been down in the house. Have tried everyting. Turning off the modem. Restarting it. Resetting it. Even went into the settings to restart and re establish the connection but to no avail.
    Would it be possible to pm someone to get to the end of this. Can't ring as I'm in work at the minute.

Cheers,
    Nick.

Hi Nick,

Can you try the following quick broadband check - http://bit.ly/BBchecks

If you're still having a problem after completing this, please PM your phone number and I will take a look at your broadband.

Please make sure that you try if possible to temporarily Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket. Try to avoid using a long private phone cable (rj11) and just use the leads that came with the eircom modem.

If you need to call into Technical Support directly, remember they are available 7 days per week up to 10 pm :

*Technical Support: 1890260260 -8:am-10pm (7 days)

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement