Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Islamic podcasts

• 24-02-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering do you guys have any recomemdations for any Islamic podcasts? I'm atheist so partiularly ones which focus on apolgetics.

Also, any podcasts about the history of islam. Something akin to the history of Rome would he ideal.
    Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Don't know of any podcast, but plenty of lectures and debates on Youtube if you have a look.

This is an excellent lecture on a variety of Islamic issues, from a former atheist, so might be what your looking for. It's long but again well worth the watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

You can find a lot of podcasts on aspects of Islam, addressed primarily to non-Muslims, at Discover Islam Podcasts.

The podcasts generally present a "Salafi" position, which seeks to follow the teachings and practices of Muhammad and the first generations of Muslims, while rejecting subsequent developments in Islamic thought as "innovations".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

THanks Jaafa but I'm looking for podcats, the reason being I'm backpacking Asia and hopefully beyond so can't really watch youtube videos. Now if you know of an app which allows me to download youtube videos I'm all ears :)

Exactly what i'm looking Hivizman, cheers.

Well there's several programs and sites you can use to download youtube videos.

Here is one

Or this one which will allow you to convert them to mp3 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Thanks but I need it to work on an iphone/ipod touch. That's what i use to browse and obtain podcasts and thanks to Apples walled garden I need an app(it's not jailbroken)

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »
    Thanks but I need it to work on an iphone/ipod touch. That's what i use to browse and obtain podcasts and thanks to Apples walled garden I need an app(it's not jailbroken)

ah ok no prob, well if you happen to find a wifi hotspot check it out.

Advertisement