Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car valeting

• 24-02-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi..

I recently upgraded my car and am a bit fastidious about keeping the 'new' look!
    I recently was in the yard of a car valeting, getting my car washed and had opportunity to see a full valet in operation.

I hadn't realized how thorough they are.. taking the seats, carpets and handbrake cover out to clean them..

My query is- how safe is this?
    Are the staff trained to put the seats etc. back in correctly?
    I just assumed a lot of valet staff may be part time weekend workers and was wondering if there are any safety issues with removing seats, carpets etc.? (by someone other than a mechanic obviously)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

L0ui5e wrote: »
    Hi..

I recently upgraded my car and am a bit fastidious about keeping the 'new' look!
    I recently was in the yard of a car valeting, getting my car washed and had opportunity to see a full valet in operation.

I hadn't realized how thorough they are.. taking the seats, carpets and handbrake cover out to clean them..

My query is- how safe is this?
    Are the staff trained to put the seats etc. back in correctly?
    I just assumed a lot of valet staff may be part time weekend workers and was wondering if there are any safety issues with removing seats, carpets etc.? (by someone other than a mechanic obviously)

There should be zero issues regards removing a car seat. You dont need to be a mechanic to do so at all.

In some cases seats will have Airbag pressure sensors. With these it is best to detach battery from car for around 15 minutes prior to removal or you may get a airbag light on the dash.

Other than that removal of car seats allows for a more thorough valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭L0ui5e

Ta ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Fiat stilo's and megane's must be a joy to clean :D

does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean the dashboard?
    In past cars, I used furniture polish but find they leave a film on the dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

loads of good products. i find autoglym interior shampoo good

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »
    loads of good products. i find autoglym interior shampoo good

a 'shampoo' to me sounds like a carpet product?
    is it ok on dashboards and would i get this in a good auto shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

you can use it on carpets and hard plastics. leaves a nice smell too. you will get nit in halfords and most motorfactors

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_172297_langId_-1_categoryId_212484#tab3

sean1141 wrote: »
    you can use it on carpets and hard plastics. leaves a nice smell too. you will get nit in halfords and most motorfactors

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_172297_langId_-1_categoryId_212484#tab3

i will be making a trip to halfords- thanks:D

Advertisement