Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to IFSC

Options
  • 24-02-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Just wondered if anyone made this journey daily?

If so, is it an okay journey, is it much hassle and how long does it take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Best option is train from Maynooth to Connolly.

You have the timetable for those trains already in your other thread.

66X bus will take you to O'Connell Bridge also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

train into connolly, easy commute.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I did it every day.
    There is an express train at I think it is 8:10 now which had me in at my desk my 9 in the IFSC and there is an express train home at 18:05 walking in my front door at 18:45 every evening.

When I say every I mean with out delays on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

df1985 wrote: »
    train into connolly, easy commute.
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    I did it every day.
    There is an express train at I think it is 8:10 now which had me in at my desk my 9 in the IFSC and there is an express train home at 18:05 walking in my front door at 18:45 every evening.

When I say every I mean with out delays on the line.

Ah brilliant - would love to be able to live in the country while working in the IFSC

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I dunno if I would exactly call Maynooth the country..but I know what you mean.
    You would want to live within walking distance of the train station or it can get expensive and parking can be hassle.
    It is a town with nearly everything that you need in it and pretty ok public transport links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i live beside the station in leixlip, work beside connolly. half hour on the train, ive a shorter commute than loads in my office who live closer to town. theyre sickened when they hear how easy my commute is.

df1985 wrote: »
    i live beside the station in leixlip, work beside connolly. half hour on the train, ive a shorter commute than loads in my office who live closer to town. theyre sickened when they hear how easy my commute is.

ah good stuff, the train is so much easier than the bus imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Train definitely. I get the 7:45 train every day and I'm at my desk in work at 8:35 in the IFSC.

Orion wrote: »
    Train definitely. I get the 7:45 train every day and I'm at my desk in work at 8:35 in the IFSC.

from Maynooth? Can't say fairer than that

Advertisement