Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more Harry Fritz

Options
  • 24-02-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed today that the fish-and-chip shop near Tig Coili's is gone - all signage stripped off.

Anyone know what happened - is he gone, or just moved elsewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

:(

I thought they were doing alright, appeared to have a fairly steady trade. That building is *cursed, been so many take-aways gone through there since I moved to Galway.

*probably just ridiculously high rent killing them off

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Did wonder about the curse on that place. But maybe as you say its overly high rent.
    Is that what the old chippy/chicken place that was there at the turn of the millenium had a grievance with the U.K. based absentee landlord about?
    I just remember a lot of placards not exactly what they said.

But yeah turnover in that premises seems to be way too frequent. & there've been some nice takeaways there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Bring back Snackbox!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Went there once and while the food was nice the person behind was a right cranky old sod so i never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Went there once and while the food was nice the person behind was a right cranky old sod so i never went back.

We used to call him Mary....? Breakfast rolls were savage at 3 in the morning. The rent must be very high alright for so many foodie places going bust there. Used to be a butchers back in the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yeah, Mr justMary was telling me it was a butchers for years, and about the fight with the English landlord.

I've been here almost 5 years, and it's been through lots of tenants in that time, some of whom were doing well.

We liked it, after we worked out that the quality was a lot higher when Cyril was working, and so only to go there then. Got a few lots of soggy fish before then though.

Advertisement