Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contractor burst a tyre on my farm and is charging me with the bill ???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

Would it be possible to post a photograph of the offending angle iron that cut the tyre............... Could help clarify who is at fault:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

Conflats wrote: »
    Yes the op is a fault here and he has done the correct thing and notified the insurance company, imo that is where it ends the contractor is fully to blame from there on he had no plan in place for this happening and but there is 2 sides to every story. The contractor should get the tyre replaced and bill the op who then puts in the insurance claim however the tyre should be the same condition as the one it is replacing so a good 2nd hand one should do as its unfair to be expected to replace something which is better than what you had before

As an ex contractor and now a farmer have to say the post quoted above is the only one making sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

2 yrs back my contarctor was ploughing hilly land for me, he hit a stone which there is plenty of. he rang me next day looking for me to claim insurance saying he rubbed off an entrance. i was pretty pi""ed but rang the insurance who said it was hes fault. I just told him the story and gave him the Insurance lads num. He didnt claim and im still gettin him. if he had, i wouldnt be gettin him anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wclarke20

Any update OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Fat Cant

wclarke20 wrote: »
    Any update OP?
    I told my insurance on Monday to contact the contractor , have not heard anything from them . he has put a vulcanised on it since and is finishing off the little bit of hedge cutting that is left but has hit my telephone wire in the process .
    Have pic of the steel that was in the gate way but don't kno how to stick them up .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Fat Cant wrote: »
    I told my insurance on Monday to contact the contractor , have not heard anything from them . he has put a vulcanised on it since and is finishing off the little bit of hedge cutting that is left but has hit my telephone wire in the process .
    Have pic of the steel that was in the gate way but don't kno how to stick them up .
    OP it might be better not to put them up, there could be legal issues with this yet.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement