Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website member database

Options
  • 24-02-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all, I'm in need of a member database for a website I manage. It doesn't need to be sophisticated, just free, with a handful of fields and the ability for members to add themselves, edit their own profile, and a mod to be able to email the whole list. Do you know of any such a possible database?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Havelock12 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm in need of a member database for a website I manage. It doesn't need to be sophisticated, just free, with a handful of fields and the ability for members to add themselves, edit their own profile, and a mod to be able to email the whole list. Do you know of any such a possible database?

What's in their profile, and what would a mod be emailing (just text, attachments, etc)

Also - how big will the member list be if you're emailing them all (any spam considerations ?)

If it's the basics then it's only a couple of hours work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I used to use Sitelok for that sort of thing, it requires a fair amount of technical knowledge in PHP and MySQL but is very powerful. Very good customer support and quite cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Apologies - only just spotted the "free" part of the request.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't know of any good ones available for free. Here's some tutorials if you want to roll your own:

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/user-membership-with-php/
    http://www.plus2net.com/php_tutorial/php_signup.php

Advertisement