Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Physics Mock papers or past LC papers from before 2002?

• 24-02-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

So, on the topics we have covered in physics (Light, Heat, Nuclear Physics, some of mechanics - I am only in 5th year), I have done all the exam questions on these topics either studying or for homework...but now I have nothing to really test myself on since I've done the questions. Is there a place where you can get papers from the 90's or past mock papers? I know the course changed in 2002 but some of the questions would still be similar from before 2002! And really all I'm looking for is a way to practice! Any ideas? Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

So, on the topics we have covered in physics (Light, Heat, Nuclear Physics, some of mechanics - I am only in 5th year), I have done all the exam questions on these topics either studying or for homework...but now I have nothing to really test myself on since I've done the questions. Is there a place where you can get papers from the 90's or past mock papers? I know the course changed in 2002 but some of the questions would still be similar from before 2002! And really all I'm looking for is a way to practice! Any ideas? Thank you. :)

Go over the exam paper questions again. All the variations they can throw at you have been covered from 2002 upwards, so that's all you should be able to do really. And there's no way you remembered the answers to all the questions or whatever :P Also, go over the experiments that you have done. They account for 30% so it's worth it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go through the syllabus and see what has never come up.
    Make up some questions and test yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I'm pretty sure I still have my last years mock papers...I'll have a look for them and let you know later this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

PM sent... have fun studying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    PM sent... have fun studying :D

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

check with teachers for past mock papers, classroom cupboards usually have a few lying forgotten under books and other papers

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭I_ENJOY_BATHS

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Go over the exam paper questions again. All the variations they can throw at you have been covered from 2002 upwards, so that's all you should be able to do really. And there's no way you remembered the answers to all the questions or whatever :P Also, go over the experiments that you have done. They account for 30% so it's worth it

Do what this guy says ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure to double check everything against the syllabus. Almost every subject has areas that have never been asked.

The only things that can be examined are on the syllabus, not any textbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Actively reading the syllabus (and textbook, to a lesser extent) trying to figure out what questions *could* be asked will engage your higher order thinking skills. It's more difficult and time-consuming than simply answering questions from past-papers, but if you're in 5th year, then time is on your side.

Another good idea would be to start reading ahead. Almost everyone finds 6th year work significantly more difficult.

I have past papers back to 1996, and mocks from 2004, and having seen them, the above two ideas would be far more effective uses of your time.

Advertisement