Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Phrases

• 24-02-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

With the Mock orals coming up and indeed the real thing in 8 weeks I'm trying to fill myself up with "get out of jail free" phrases, as I like to call them.

Here's one: "Je me suis vraiment désolé monsieur/madame, mais ce sujet ne m'interesse pas, pourrions-nous parler a l'autre chose, peut-etre au sujet de la sport ou la musique..." etc. This is my most radical U turn phrase, it can be used in almost any circumstance to get you out of talking about stuff you haven't prepared. I have other more subtle ways of getting back on track using "tangents", for example when asked about school I could say "je deteste les régles sur l'uniforme scolaire, á mon avis..." and then I can talk about the education system in Ireland, brilliant!

Post your clever phrases here. (please)

Advertisement