Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky

Options
  • 24-02-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

hi..was just out at the car and spotted something slowly passing overhead from south west to north east..about starsize and brightness..space station? satellite?i own a telescope and occasionally stargaze so if anybody is gona say aeroplane please dont....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Sounds exactly like the ISS (International Space Station), this was due around that time.

for more sightings, look up www.heavens-above.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

I agree with Prenderb about the ISS, it passed over about 10 mins before you posted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

I agree with Prenderb about the ISS, it passed over about 10 mins before you posted. :)
    thanks guys..i knew it was summat along those lines i remember once in belarus (i used to have it timed to pass overhead) i said to a workmate 'keep looking up and in a few minutes you'l see this object passing overhead' his jaw dropped when it did..he was amazed..had never really looked up before...and he has since bought a telescope...the skies in belarus i recall were brillianty lit with stars cos of the lack of light pollution.

Advertisement