Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car break-ins in Littlewood, Slane.

Options
  • 24-02-2012 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

Was talking to a friend today and her family car was broken into, windows smashed. Have heard of and seen many cars broken into (after the fact!) in the car park at the woods.
    I know it's happening everywhere but people need to be more vigilant.

My friend did say there was a black megane parked beside her as she pulled in and there were two lads sitting in the car, making no effort to go anywhere. It may not be them but it's something to watch out for.

I park out on the road and so does a good few others. This seems to work so far. Touch wood.....
    Guards don't seem to be able to do anything, which is laughable really! Laughable in a not funny way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Break-ins like these are opportunistic and a thief will more than likely only smash a window or pry open a door if they know there is a payoff IE: sat nav in the window, laptop on the back seat and so on.
    Sat navs are a very common one, people take the unit out of the mount stuck to the window but leave the mount as an advertisement to say "it's in the glove box" cause who takes it out of the car? They are easy to sell too.
    Don't make it easy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Friend of mine had her window smashed in the street in the village and the garda caught the fella in the act,
    he's in court soon but has had a lot of convictions and is out and about still.

Advertisement