Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for sale outside the o2??

Options
  • 24-02-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭

So what is the story with touts and the O2? You know the way they are always outside the olympia? Has anyone saw them or bought a ticket from them? If so please do tell? What would be the story with touts and tickets for Florence next fri? Would it be worth taking a chance - heading to the venue and bagging a pair of tickets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i was at the noel gallagher gig last week
    when i got off the luas there was a fair few people selling tickets
    im sure its like all touts though - buyer beware

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

sporina wrote: »
    So what is the story with touts and the O2? You know the way they are always outside the olympia? Has anyone saw them or bought a ticket from them? If so please do tell? What would be the story with touts and tickets for Florence next fri? Would it be worth taking a chance - heading to the venue and bagging a pair of tickets?

Face value or less on toutless.com why would anyone buy off those rip off merchants nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

Face value or less on toutless.com why would anyone buy off those rip off merchants nowadays?

what you saying? rip off? aren't there genuine tickets on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i think hes missing a comma or something there. hes suggesting you go and get them for face value or less on toutless and avoid the touts that are outside the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Random wrote: »
    i think hes missing a comma or something there. hes suggesting you go and get them for face value or less on toutless and avoid the touts that are outside the o2.

Yeah, what I meant was why would anyone buy off touts with their huge markups outside gigs when you can use toutless, thought that was common knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Yeah, what I meant was why would anyone buy off touts with their huge markups outside gigs when you can use toutless, thought that was common knowledge.

problem is, for a really popular gig you won,t see many offers for tkts
    on toutless.. but you will on sites like Viagogo and Seatwave.. PURE GREED

thanks - i have never arrived at a gig without tickets so would not have known

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The reason we started toutless was to specifically move in on the street level touts. They buy up from people who've a spare on the day for less and sell for people looking for more. It seemed obvious to me that offering a venue to eliminate the middleman was the way to go. We're not full proof and we obviously count on the goodwill of others to provide others with a ticket but considering theres another Florence show I'd check us on the night before dealing with a street tout. You might get lucky!

Toast wrote: »
    The reason we started toutless was to specifically move in on the street level touts. They buy up from people who've a spare on the day for less and sell for people looking for more. It seemed obvious to me that offering a venue to eliminate the middleman was the way to go. We're not full proof and we obviously count on the goodwill of others to provide others with a ticket but considering theres another Florence show I'd check us on the night before dealing with a street tout. You might get lucky!

thanks… i'll give it a lash alright...

Mr.S wrote: »
    Try adverts.ie or toutless.com first, don't go to a tout cus they are *****.

If you can't find anything at facevalue, there will be touts (these people aren't fans, the same 5 lads buy tickets to every popular Dublin show and stand outside the gigs and sell for a profit) so if you are desperate then you can pay $$$$ if you really want to.

A little tip though, touts are desperate to get rid of tickets nearer and nearer the start of the show as they are useless if they don't sell em. Never ask "how much?" offer something below facevalue. If he says no tell him grand and have a smoke, drink etc and go back in 30mins - 1hr, if he still has tickets you'll get them for valuevalue :) Its a bit a gamble, but it usually pays off, the latter you leave it, the more chance of getting a cheaper ticket:)

eg: I went to Lady Gaga last year in the o2 with no ticket, went to the tout around 2 hours before doors opened and he was looking for like 200euro for 2 tickets. Laughed and said goodluck and went on my way. Came back an hour after doors had opened, same fellah was there and I offered €90 for 2. And I got them:)

thanks for that

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    A little tip though, touts are desperate to get rid of tickets nearer and nearer the start of the show as they are useless if they don't sell em. Never ask "how much?" offer something below facevalue. If he says no tell him grand and have a smoke, drink etc and go back in 30mins - 1hr, if he still has tickets you'll get them for valuevalue :) Its a bit a gamble, but it usually pays off, the latter you leave it, the more chance of getting a cheaper ticket:)

...and that's how I got to catch the last 40-50 minutes of The Prodigy for a tenner a couple of years ago.

Navillious wrote: »
    sorry!

? did you edit my initial post or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I noticed on the way to Flo last night that there were touts on the Luas from Abbey St onwards.

i actually thought the gig was this fri - ah well - would not have been able to make last weekend anyway..

thanks for all the replies though

Advertisement