Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Venue for a Stag?

• 24-02-2012 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any advice from experience for suitable places to book a stag in Limerick? It would be a medium sized group - about 20 and the age profile would be early to late 20s. Think the general preference would be a late bar with option of a night club so I'm thinking Smyths/Icon. Does anyone know if you book for a group do they provide complimentary passes or anything like that? I know I could use some common sense and call them but if anyone has done something like this before I would appreciate if they shared their knowledge!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

If you're looking for accommodation as well, I'd suggest the Clarion, they used to do a package that included complimentary drinks and complimentary nightclub entry etc.. Nice hotel 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

moby2101 wrote: »
    If you're looking for accommodation as well, I'd suggest the Clarion, they used to do a package that included complimentary drinks and complimentary nightclub entry etc.. Nice hotel 2

Is there a nightclub in the Clarion? Or are they affiliated with a club in town?

Nice hotel to stay in for a stag though. Handy location and decent rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

moby2101 wrote: »

Think the lads that are travelling have booked Jury's already. Good deal from the Clarion though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is there a nightclub in the Clarion? Or are they affiliated with a club in town?

Nice hotel to stay in for a stag though. Handy location and decent rooms.

Kess you're always spot on the money as far as your knowledge of, well, pretty much every subject under the sun goes, but on this occasion i have to give it an almighty big "hmmmmmm...". :D

it's just that i live right across from the clarion and i used stay there regularly enough, just for a chill out night, as you do, lol, but tbh, i'd only go over there for a coffee now or a nightcap (the guinness is still good!).

the rooms though leave a lot to be desired, they haven't been modernised in years, it really only hit me the last time i stayed there a couple of weeks ago, and i was put in a room with an old CRT television on top of an even older chest of drawers, in a snot olive green colored room.
    and that was before i noticed the cigarette burn holes in the armchair that looked like it had seen better days.

i understand that the clarion is meant to be a business travellers hotel, but even the least fussy business traveller would be incredibly disappointed with the standard of the rooms. their thai restaurant food is nothing to write home about either.

now contrast this with my wife's stay at the george boutique hotel in the centre of town. she came home raving about the place, and apparently the word "luxurious" doesnt even begin to cover it.

i've stayed in hotels all over ireland, and with the exception of the clydebaun in galway, the clarion just doesnt cut it, needs a major investment and overhaul imho... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

have u tried ringing the greyhound track on the dock road they do deals on stag nights was at a 50th there a few weeks ago and their was a hen and stag there had the best night i had out in ages limerick is going downhill if u wanted to head into town afterwards angel lane is proberaly the best place or the sin bin :)

• Advertisement

have u tried ringing the greyhound track on the dock road they do deals on stag nights was at a 50th there a few weeks ago and their was a hen and stag there had the best night i had out in ages limerick is going downhill if u wanted to head into town afterwards angel lane is proberaly the best place or the sin bin :)

angel lane... for a stag party? :eek:

no! just... no! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

xsiborg wrote: »

and icon is better oh please lol :p im way too cool for that place :cool::P

xsiborg wrote: »

and icon is better oh please lol :p im way too cool for that place :cool::P

haha, ah no no laura, you have me completely wrong, angel lane is a great club, but it wouldnt really be suitable for a stag party... :D

i'll shut me mouth now before i dig meself even deeper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Wouldnt really be recommending the Clarion either for a stag, was there at Chirstmas for a staff party and although the food is great it lacks atmosphere for party nights.

The dogtrack is a great suggestion, only there again recently for a night out and when it finishes. plenty of taxis outside for a swift exit to town. Clohesseys probably being the best bet?

Advertisement